Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy HHR Brake Problems

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    chevygirl123,
    I would recommend taking it in to have it diagnosed by a GM dealer.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • snowmomansnowmoman Posts: 20
    Well about a year ago I had new pads and rotors were resurfaced. Car is shaking again. Called Ray Dennison Chevrolet in Pekin, Illinois with no luck. Said resurfaced rotors not covered under repair warranty. So, after 9,000 miles I am looking at another brake job. Incredible.......I guess with the HHR when I stop at the gas station it is gas, oil, and brake check. When dealer did work last year stabilizer bar was shot too...Think I might get another month or so out of that...
  • I called the dealership to get the problem fixed. They told it me would be about $300-500 and I can't even get a loaner car. I've seen your answer on other boards as well and it's always, "Have it diagnosed by a dealer". That doesn't help me when I know right off the bat the dealership isn't going to be helpful or even fix the problem that CHEVY KNEW ABOUT AND DID NOTHING ABOUT. I am going into a situation knowing the dealership is planning to bend me over and not even give me the courtesy of a loaner vehicle. The service manager was not helpful. Christina, it's not even 8:30 am and I'm beyond frustrated in dealing with the dealership and I haven't even left my house.

Please don't post anything if your answer is only going to be "take it in and let those rip off guys come at it". It's a catch all answer that doesn't help, but only serve to infuriate me further.
    jhicks2,
    I understand that you see all of these people on the forums that are experiencing concerns such as yours; however, if these people haven't spoke with customer assistance then customer assistance hasn't heard of the problem. If you would like to email me with detailed information about your situation and vehicle I can look into this. Since you have already spoken with customer assistance why don't you email me your contact information so I can look into these interactions? Thank you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Thank you after all the long hours of re search I figured out all the issues on my own lol. It is the same faulty part that was in the cobalt it is the ELECTRIC POWER STEERING MOTOR located under the steering colum. It cost me $120.00 and one hour of labor. They just havent recalled them in the HHRs yet. I filed a complaint with nation highway safety! Thank you Melanie
  • If you want to help work on getting the POWER STEERING MOTOR RECALLED IN THE HHRS. It was the same fauly part in my HHR that was in the cobalts made in Japan by DENSCO it is located under the steering colum. Same part just went out taking my power steering almost killing me and the passengers in the car!! While GM wants to replace the whole steering colum for $611.13 just for the part not labor. I researched it online figured out what it was on my own, bought the POWER STEERING MOTOR and replaced it for $120.00 lol what a joke! Recall the POWER STEERING MOTOR in the HHR is what you can do. I filed a complaint with Nation Highway Safety and figured out the problem already so I dont think there is anything you can help me with at this point. Thanks n e ways Melanie
  • I got the same message from Christia. Also got a call from customer service.
    Same old song and dance: bring it in to a dealer on my dime, no recall, promise of fixing it. Just the run around. Wasting time. Wasting money.
    :lemon:
  • I HAD THE CLUNKING IN MY FRONT END I REPLACED THE STRUTS,BRAKES ECT EVERYTHING YOU COULD EMAGINE. THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS LATER UNTIL I FINALLY GOT IT FIGURED!!!!! THE NOISE WILL HAPPEN ON BIG BUMPS,TURNS AND IF YOU PUSH HARD BACK AND FORTH ON YOUR FRONT END WITH MORE THAN ONE PERSON!!!! IT SOUNDS LIKE A STRUTS NOISE NO NO ITS THE STABILIZER BAR BUSHINGS YOU HAVE TWO REPLACE BOTH!! THEY ARE LITTLE RUBBER BUSHINGS E Z FIX!! I PAID UNDER $100.00 AT FIRESTONES TO REPLACE AND FIX! I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM BUT THE INFORMATION I HAVE GIVEN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT WITH OUT HAVING TO REPLACE EVERYTHING FIRST. I HAVE ALSO FIXED MY THE POWER STEERING PROBLEM IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THAT!!GOOD LUCK
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,713
    >It cost me $120.00 and one hour of labor.

Hang onto your receipt and old part for when there is a future recall.

This message has been approved.

gypsycookie,
    Can you please send me your complete contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I would like to look into this further.

Christina
    GM Customer Service
    snowmoman,
    Can you please send me your complete contact information including a good number to reach you, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I emailed the information to you. Thank you Christina.
    rstruthers,
    I understand your frustration with your situation. As all major companies or corporations, we have standard operating procedures. GM does handle their customers individually, not all situations are the same, so they must be handled on a case by case basis. I am here to help make GM aware of your situations. The only way I can do this is with your assistance. First, I need your contact information (including a good number to reach you), VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, and a break down of what you are experiencing. The best way to get me this information is a direct email. If you are unsure or uncomfortable please feel free to inquire with the host, or send me an email with your telephone number and I can give you a call. Second, the vehicle must be taken to a GM Dealer. They have a contract with GM and must look at the vehicle. For GM to know you are experiencing issues, you must contact GM; whether it is me via email or Customer Assistance via the telephone. This will help identify the problem and how large it is. I understand when you are experiencing these concerns these processes can be frustrating. All concerns, whether it be with a dealer or your vehicle, are documented in the cases set up if you directly contact GM. If you would like to call Customer Assistance and speak with someone the number is in your owners manual, or email me and I can provide it to you. If you would like me to assist you, please feel free to email me the information requested above. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    chevygirl123,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you were able to resolve your concerns. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you and have a great weekend!
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    Thanks for calling me today. However wanting me to take the car to the dealer at my own expense is not helping. You told me the car is out of warranty. I know that already. If I have to pay for an inspection how is that helping?

This is why so many are angry with Chevrolet about this problem. You are all in denial.
  • Exactly ! This is the same thing that I got about 3 weeks ago. Nice phone call from customer service but no real help.
    I asked her "why not just put out a recall on this car and fix it?" Nope, they just want to appear like they are doing something.
    snowmoman,
    I apologize for your frustration; however, having the vehicle diagnosed is the first step in our process of handling your concerns. As every major company we have standard operating procedures and having the vehicle diagnosed is just that. This helps us to get technical information on your concerns. I apologize; but this is at the cost of the customer, but this is the only way we can evaluate your situation.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    rstruthers,
    I apologize you are unhappy with the way this was handeled; however, recalls are forumed by customer complaints into customer assitance. Customer assistance needs to have the vehicle diagnoised by a GM dealer for many reasons. Mainly so we can figure out what is going on with your vehicle and why. This helps us evaluate your situation so that way me can try to come to a resolution. So I would recommend having the vehicle diagnoised and working iwth your agent so we can try to assist you with this matter.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. I had brakes done on it by Firestone almost 4 years ago. Started to get a noise and they inspected the brakes free of charge. My HHR dealer wanted to charge me around $30 to look at my HHR brakes for this problem we are all having. I have bought my last GM vehicle. Christina, you don't get it. You are only pretending to help.
    Donna,
    Can you please send me your VIN for your HHR? Have you taken your vehicle to the dealer for this difficult braking? Have you spoke with Customer Assistance about this on going issue? I understand that seeing the posts on this thread can be overwhelming; however, recalls are not formed due to posts on a forum. These complaints have to actually go though GM. We have standard operating procedures to escalate these issues to the appropriate department and each case is handled on a case by case basis. I would be happy to look into information on the difficult braking concerns on your HHR. I would definitely recommend having the vehicle looked at by a dealer. If you haven’t spoke with Customer Assistance I would also like to set up a case for you. I am here to get these complaints heard by GM. I would like to thank you for your assistance in doing so.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service