Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade

Comments

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    I think All things related to gas prices would be a better place to discuss gasoline princes.

tidester, host
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Yes - the H2 is a Tahoe under that skin.....
  • I have the opportunity to purchase an '03 Certified Escalade for $30K with only 43K miles. The Cadillac CPO program is one of the best and I really need a large SUV, but the one thing that is holding me back is the 13 mpg, are there any ways to increase this number with after market parts? I would even settle for 16 mpg. Any help would be appreciated.
  • mark156mark156 Posts: 1,992
    Weman, seems to me that $30,000 for an '03 is kinda high with over 40,000 miles. That is not low mileage. I would check the incentives on the year-end models to see what the prices are.

Large SUV's aren't selling so well, I would think that a year end unit would be almost $10,000 off list.

For a professional opinion ask Terry in 'Real World Trade-in Values' in the Smart Shoppers thread. Just follow the format at the bottom of that thread just above where you type your message. Terry will give your both prices, retail and trade-in.

Mark
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,312
    "If one thing stands out in GM's full-size 2007 SUVs, it's their interiors. Even the preproduction vehicles shown had tight panel fit and impressively rich materials. Cadillac's design is much different from the other brands, but there's nothing truckish about any of them."

GM's new full-size SUVs (Inside Line)

Lots of talk about it over in the 2006 Caddy Escalade discussion.

Steve, Host

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    I was so hype on the Escalade and CTS after reading about them over the past few years. Finally this week I took a ride to the caddy dealer to check em out. I was let down. The interior quality was that of a chevy impala, the ergonomics horrible and the material just felt cheap. For $60 the Escalade didn't even have a telescopic wheel! :(

-mike
  • brycarbrycar Posts: 10
    for my opinion i would by the escalade cause its more powerful and will last longer and the navigator only has 300hp and the new escalades have 345hp i have rode in one and they run great. I think its the best one out of those two

HAPPY BUYING
    Another blurb:

Track Testing the 2007 Cadillac Escalade

Steve, Host

• rcf8000rcf8000 Posts: 619
    In some parts of the country, like southern Arizona, we have no real need for awd. Cadillac is to be commended for offering the Escalade in rwd form. However, the car magazine reviews of the Escalade never test the rwd version, as far as I've seen. I'd think that with 200 fewer pounds on the front wheels the ride and handling of the rwd version would be better than that of the awd version. Is there anyone out there who has road tested both?
    Top 10 Car-Themed Gifts for Kids

"For the child who has everything, a top-of-the-line Escalade that really works. (Photo courtesy of Mattel, Inc.)"

Steve, Host

• rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
  • I put a deposit on one yesterday. The dealership said I should see it by the end of January, beginning og February.
  • biggs2biggs2 Posts: 16
    Hello, I am hoping the folks on this board can help me out. We are in the market for a full-size 4x4 crew cab and think the ava or caddy ext will meet our needs nicely.

If this is not the best board for this questions, please advise.

I have driven an avalanche 4x4 (non z71) and an escalade ext. The difference is feel and 'tightness' was night and day. I know cadillac beefs things up but did not expect such a difference. Very noticable was the firmness of the brakes in the caddy and the overall level of 'slop' in the avalanche. The ava was OK, even typical for a truck from what I have experienced - the caddy was just that much better. My question is, does the z71 package tigten up the ride and handling on the ava? I assume the brakes are the same on the z71 and non-z71 avas.

Also thinking about waiting on the 2007s. Here is my thinking:

Reasons to wait for 2007: upgraded interior and displacement on demand.

Reasons not to wait: first year glitches are likely and a big unknown, I like the current escalade interior (avalanche is not too attractive, though) and dod may not save that much gas in a truck this size. I am hearing the 07s will be a little longer (this is an issue be/c current versions just fit in my garage now).

thanks in advance for your input
    Biggs, I can't really give you advice as I'm not familiar with trucks. I just wanted to say that this particular thread moves very slow. If you want a faster answer, I don't think you will find it here.

Maybe there is a truck sight that will fit better with your questions.

My personal opinion is that I would get the 2007. The new updated interior is awesome! I considered the new 2007 Escalade but I needed something sooner and I need the third seat to fold flat and I don't think the new Escalade will offer that.

I know that you are looking for a truck so maybe it wouldn't matter to you about the updated interior. I didn't realize the new Escalade Ext will be much longer than the old one. The fit will depend on how much room you have in your garage. If the new one is only 2 inches longer, that shouldn't be a big deal (I would imagine).

Good luck. Mark
  • jcat707jcat707 Posts: 168
    I HAVE SAME PROBLEM.
  • Does anyone know for sure when all the new Escalade models will be on the lots?
    Thanks
    You may find some more info in the 2006 Caddy Escalade discussion. One post says mid-January, so any day now?

There's also a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban/GMC Yukon XL/Cadillac Escalade ESV discussion fyi.

Steve, Host

As slow as this site is, I can't imagine another Escalade site. :surprise:

Mark
    Gotta write 'em to get 'em. :shades:

Steve, Host

"Mmm, shiny! Chrome will be the theme for Super Bowl ads introducing the 2007 Cadillac Escalade."

60 Seconds to Glory. The price is frozen too. (Inside Line)

Steve, Host

"The Escalade hybrid will gain 25 percent in fuel economy, which should put its fuel consumption at highway speeds close to 30 mpg."

Coming Soon: 30-MPG Cadillac Escalade Hybrid Set to Debut in Fall 2007 (Inside Line)

Steve, Host

• Scratch the Infinity Fx cars - tried ema and had these thoughts:
    Pro's:
    Very cool technology (lane departure warnig, reverse cameras, speed-sensitive cruise control with radar based brake pre-tensioning.)
    Nice outside appearance.
    Decent fit and finish.
    Very confortable interior seating.
    Cool sound from the dual mufflers (G35 engine!)

Cons:
    Unuseable back seat.
    Not a real 4x4 - it's using a car's 'almost-in-time' AWD system.
    Unuseable rear storage compartment.(Can't even fit one set of golf clubs in without dropping a seat! - What happens when I take along two or even three buddies??)
    cheap/bad design rear hatch latching mechanism.
    No foot room in back seat.
    No 3-rd row seating option.
    No factory towing capability (a cardinal sin for any vehicle aspiring to be included in a sport UTILITY vehicle lineup.)
    Extremely poor visibility out the front (and I am 5'11")
    Extremely poor visibility out the back.
    Little-to-no way I would consider taking this thing off-road.

My end-impression was that this vehicle was just a large G35 coupe with an extra set of doors tacked on.

Overall impression: Eye candy, but not even remotely practical. If you want this car(and I say CAR intentionally), save yourself the $$ and get the G35 sedan.
  • Hey im new to the forum and i was thinking about getting a used 2003 escalade with kms52,012 for 39,990.00 (Canadian) and i was just wondering how much it is to insure these caddys
    thanks!
  • Where is the 07 Caddy Escalade at the 2006 auto show?! Why no major article on inside line? This is very disappointing.
    I wonder why there have been no road test reports in any media--internet or magazine. The 2007 Escalades are arriving at dealers, but no road test reports. Very strange, indeed.
  • rcf8000,

Yeah me too. Only thing I can think of is GM won't give em any cars. Hiding something? From what I've seen so far I'm REALLY disappointed. Put the plastic panels back on it for Pete's sake! I don't want to drive a Tarhole.

I guess GM had info on how bad the Navigator was going to be and figured they didn't really have to do much. Also I'm sure they realize with very few years left in which they can make and sell these behemoths .... why go to the trouble to redesign them?

I really hate to boost Toyota/Lexus bottom line when GM is in such deep doodoo but ..... oh well.
  • I know no one's seen/driven the 07 yet, but are you guys happy with your escalades in general? I owned a Landcruiser and LOVED it, sold it to buy a Lexus gs430. Now with a baby on the way, I'm going back to an SUV. I was thinking another LC, but then started thinking about the Lexus LX470. I know I would like either the LC or the Lexus. The fit and finish of Toyota products is A+. The last American SUV I owned was a falling apart piece of junk and I'm a little gunshy.

Would you consider the fit and finish of your Escalades top notch? Worth 65k? Or does it have cheap plasticy parts?

Love any feedback...
    I have an '04 LX470, and I like it very much. I've seen the new Tahoe. It doesn't look as high quality as the LX. Neither has an ideal third row configuration, but I think the LX is better in that regard. The new Escalade costs a lot more than a Tahoe, so it may be a lot better as far as interior quality is concerned. I haven't seen one, but I intend to check them out.
  • I went to buy a new Escalade ESV this past week, but was "shocked" to discover the lack of adequate head clearance. I am only 6'2", but could not get comfortable. The salesman seemed amazed, but I cannot believe others have not commented. We now drive an LX470 which has plenty of headroom. Any ideas on why the difference? Will the 07 ESV have this problem solved?
  • Gee,

A posting flurry! I'm 6'2 and 240 lbs and used to massive space in a vehicle. I drive a Dodge Ram extended cab right now and it is rooooomy. I felt cramped in the LX470. I've driven the Escalade and it felt pretty roomy in comparison although not as voluminous as my Dodge. I almost bought one last year but decided to wait for the 6 speed tranny. I'm down on the looks from the pics I've seen but ultimately I don't pick a vehicle on looks. They say they have added leg room. Perhaps the seat goes down further as it goes back.

Really the only contender I see on the landscape is the LX but it's ten grand more than the caddy and it's tight inside. May let the wife get that one. I want an EXT. This may be the last year for such a vehicle as the oil situation is only going to get worse as it looks now.

I just received my Escalade brochure in the mail and I'm fairly impressed. Still want to hear from Edmond's however. Get off your butts guys! One thing I am still questioning is the engine. I thought this new aluminum motor was sposed to have that feature of dropping to 6 or 4 cylinders at highway speed? Don't see any mention of it in the brochure. Anybody know anything.