Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade

1272829303133»

Comments

• Did you ever get any answers? I'm looking at purchasing one as well with over 50K in miles. Any insight would be appreciated
  • jctitan08jctitan08 Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    We bought a 2008 Escalade ESV Luxury AWD in August 2012 with 55K miles on it. Nothing has stranded us (now with 68K miles). Just took it in for new rear brakes, oil, fluid changes (transmission, coolant), and they discovered the driver's side motor mount was broken. We had noticed a "clunk" sound & feel when engine was cold and transitioned from reverse to drive... it would "clunk" into gear after a 1 second delay. It was fixed under the extended warranty we purchased (was told it would have been a $700 fix w/out the warranty). For us, we mitigated our risk and concern for buying a high-cost, used vehicle through purchasing an extended, 3-year warranty, just in case; it's just insurance for your peace of mind if nothing else. It may or may not pay out, but the peace of mind was worth it for us.

The price you are getting, depending on options, seems very good, again, depends on options, base vs platinum trim line, extra paint cost (white diamond tri-coat), 22" wheels, tow package, running boards, etc. All out the door we paid $47K (including purchase price, CA tax/title/license, extended warranty; $40K for the vehicle alone). SO, options and conditions dependent, the price sounds reasonable. I would recommend checking with www.kbb.com and www.edmunds.com for approximations on expected values, while keeping in mind, the market drives it's worth depending on availability of the vehicle.

For a short time we thought we were going to sell the vehicle and go back to our previous make/model, and while attempting to sell private party, we noticed that we could not attain the full stated prices on www.kbb.com due to many other options available for less, even at the dealers. Ended up keeping the vehicle.

I would not balk at "only" 78K miles and that price, as long as you do your due diligence and don't get wrapped up in the luxury of it all in the heat of the moment at the dealer.

Hope this isn't too late of a reply for your purchase decision. Good luck!
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,600

If you recently bought a Chevy Tahoe, Cadillac Escalade or a Buick Encore, please email PR@edmunds.com before Saturday, July 12, 2014 to discuss with a reporter.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.