Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade

Comments

• As soon as the new Yukons/Tahoes get integrated into the market, GM will bring the "New Platform" Escalades & Denalis to the market. I'm leaning toward mid-year, say April or May. It's just a hunch, but we'll see.
  • skeet3skeet3 Posts: 1
    I am thinking of leasing a 1999 or 2000 Escalade. Any good hints or suggestions? Any extra's that are a must?
  • A dealer in the DC area told me that the new platform won't hit the streets until this time next year. The target date is September '00. I guess I will have to wait because the overhaul is supposed to be extensive.
  • Who knows when the Excalade II is coming out but GMC Yukon is not due to February 2000 so who knows. However, test reports on the new Yukon are quite promising.

I hate to insult anyone's intelligence here, but I'd say its a no brainer to wait for the 2001 EscII or better yet, go get a 2000 Yukon II in a few months. Anyone paying full boat for a 2000 Escalade will be met with serious depreciation otherwise. You gotta think that GM will either just fade out the 2000 Escalade very soon due to lack of demand or slap some serious rebates on it in order to move sheet metal.
  • I agree about rebates, Cadillac is already spending big bucks on their advertising campaign - "ON STAR". A $2000 rebate on top of getting it at INVOICE might be a good incentive.
  • I need a new car, can't really wait for the new Escalade II, so, should I get a 99 demo or 2000? I've been offered a 99 demo w/ 5K miles for 40K. Is this a good deal?
  • I don't think so. You could get the 2000 for ~43k.
    I think you could get them lower lower on the demo, especially with 5k miles. Here are Edmunds 99 figures.
    Invoice - $42,131
    Shipping - $650
    Holdback - 1376

Good luck
  • Is the only good reason to buy a Cadillac over the Denali the badging on the outside? Or is there a better experence inside, such as the different kind of leather?
  • There are a few Caddilac perks. The leather is indeed softer on the Escalade, the warranty is a major difference as well, the Escalade has an additional year & I believe you get aloaner when in for service automatically. There are other slight differences also; colors, nicer wood in the Escalade, etc.
  • I drove a 99 Escallade and was not impressed. I was impressed with the dealership. You can tell they make a LOT of profit on each unit. They keep calling and sending note, good sales procedure but it shows me that there is a level of unsold inventory that should show some lowering of price. I prefer the Lincon Navigator because of all the comfort features they designed. It also appears to me that the Ford company has some style even though it is the same vehicle as the Expedition It has style, not just a couple of emblems and some wood trim. I feel both vehicles are too large for daily driving and now looking at the BMW X5.
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,652
    rhinox

Escalade owners are really kidding themselves, to think they have "the" premium SUV, especially now that the totally new 2000 Chevy Tahoe is about to debut. Every one of the Escalade's direct SUV rivals offers a superior vehicle. The Escalade was obsolete the day it entered the market.

I have no problem with Cadillac entering the SUV market. My problem is that the Escalade does not represent state-of-the-art engineering (or anything) that Cadillac is supposed to represent. It is nothing but classic old-school Cadillac marketing. "OnStar" and "upgraded" leather is not enough. It still has the lousy brakes and old engineering from the last generation GM SUVs.

Cadillac needs to bring to market a SUV that showcases their talent and technological expertise. I know they're working on it, but until they introduce such a vehicle, the Escalade will remain an embarrassment (and the butt of many jokes) for GM.

This is not just my opinion. Just about every magazine that has tested the Escalade has, at the very least hinted -- if not outright blasted GM -- that Cadillac could do better.

Bob
  • gtp9gtp9 Posts: 5
    RSHOLLAND JUST WAIT TILL THE 2001 COMES OUT! THIS WILL SHOW THAT THIS IS THE SECOND BEST SUV 2 THE RR. ANYWAYS DOES ANYONE HAS A PIC OF THE 2001 ESCALADE I CANT FIND 1 AT ALL! AND WHEN WILL IT BE OUT FALL OF 2000 OR EARLY PART OF 2001! REALLY NEED THIS INFO! IF NOT DO U HAVE A # I COULD CALL TO MAYBE FIND OUT!
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,652
    The 2001 Escalade will (again) be based upon the Tahoe platform. Hopefully Cadillac will have had enough time to "truly" distinguish the Escalade from its lesser GM siblings.

I know Caddy is also working on a cross-over SUV, somewhat along the lines of the Lexus RX300 & BMW's X5. However, judging by GM's track record, I still don't expect any of the future Cadillac SUVs to be much of a match for the best from Europe or Japan.

Bob
  • ...then put a caddy grille on it. That is all you're gonna see.
  • gtp9gtp9 Posts: 5
    the 2000 escalade i feel is the besting looking one! and the interior is the top notch! i really would like a pic of the 2001! any idea where to get 1! also like i said before when is it coming. by the way who would want a tahoe when u could get an escalade! that is like getting a "se" grandprix to a "gtp" grandprix
  • Just to start off, the GTP is the top model grandprix. That's that gtp9 was talking about. But now to move on, I feel that Cadillac does need to keep the looks of the escalade the same or close to what they are now. The front end is the best characteristic of the SUV and that's why I will never get a navigator or lexus. The cadillac turns heads, and that is an important characteristic to me.
  • Can anyone who has bought a Escalade in Canada comment on the pricing and the deal you struck? I'm looking at an escalade and have been offered around $60000 can. Which still seems rather steep.
    Thanks in Advance.
  • I have owned an driven several GM trucks for many years and they are some of the best built and performing trucks on the market. The Lexus, Mercedes, and BMW all look like beefed up caravans. They have now style to them. The Escalade is pound for pound the best looking truck on the market and I blew the doors of the Mercedes truck at the light the other day. Cadillac needed a truck quickly to compete with the navigator, but the escalade will soon be rolling of it own power-plant with some type of northstar technology, and soon all of you that have been doggin American trucks and GM will be singing another tune. My father worked for GM for over 35 years and always supported American products, if you did the same you would see the American companies making it a priority to respond to your needs and wants and start making even better vehicles then they have know
  • If anyone has an Escalade or Danali, I have brand new rims and tires for sale. 17 inch Firestone high performance tires mounted on Niche' Bella Cadillac rims. Please respond if interested