Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tracker

Comments

• toms1964toms1964 Posts: 16
    Sounds like the water pump is not pumping.
  • rdorsettrdorsett Posts: 1
    About two weeks ago, I bought a car charger for my cell phone. When I plugged it in, my stereo, cigarette lighter, and my side view mirror adjuster stopped working. I assumed this was a blown fuse. I've changed the fuse twice now and they still don't work. I have a 2004 Tracker. Any ideas?? :confuse:
  • gypsy04967gypsy04967 Posts: 1
    I am looking for a clutch fork for a 2001 chevy tracker and am having a hard time finding one. Does anyone know where i can get one?
    If you can't get one at the Chevy dealer try the Suzuki dealer.
  • jasdoyjasdoy Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 tracker 2.0L 4dr 4x4 in desperate need of a new 5spd. manual transmission. I had new bearings put in the old tranny last fall, and barely made it through winter! I would like to find a low milage used or rebuilt tranny somewhere near New Hampshire...any suggestions?
  • I installed a Calmini lowering kit into my 1997 Tracker, and was very pleased with the stability improvement. Does anyone know of a kit, or a way to lower my 2002, 2 door, 4x4, 5 speed.
  • I'm kinda in the same boat! Had transmission rebuilt and bearings 18 mos ago. Now it is going out again. This time.....why not before? I was told the transmissions for this vehicle is a 70K transmisison and it's gone.

So I'm looking for my 2001 ZR2 4x4.

If you have a handle on any place let me know. They're getting harder to come by. I'm in CA
    I'm about ready to trade it in if parts are getting this difficult. BUT I love it!
  • I just purchased a pair of motor mounts on line from- TheAutoPartsShop.com

The price for the motor mounts was the best one on the web and quite a bit less than any local or chain auto parts store. When you install the mounts, tighten them down then back off ALL trans and motor mount bolts (about 2 or 3 turns) until they are not tight. Start the motor, put the car in gear, both forward and reverse several times and rev the motor a little while in gear. This "seats" the mounts and cuts down on the vibration when you tighten them down. Been there, done that..

The motor mounts are the same for right and left. The transmission mount is not the same. DO NOT but a transmission mount from them. They will ship you a three hole mount and the 99 is a four hold mount. I returned the trans mount yesterday.
  • bandanbandan Posts: 1
    i just bought a 2000 tracker i am trying to find out what codes po455 and po715 means i do not have a manul yet and this tracker did not have the soft top .i need a top at a good price and help with these codes thank for any help
  • you might try looking at your cam shaft sensor, when they go bad they get hot and at this point they will shut down your engine and they don't leave any type of code and around 15-20min's they cool off and the car will reastart again.
  • I've got a 2003 2 door convertible.............Has anyone here ever seen an aftermarket kit to add the rear door lock to the keyless entry system ? In other words, I would love to be able to lock and unlock the rear door along with the driver and passenger doors with either the driver door switch or the key fob.....
    I know I can't get one from Chevy, but the dealer said he's seen aftermarket kits that would add the rear door to the circuit that pops the front doors........

Any info how to do this would be greatly appreciated.......

Thanks,

John
  • raving_bohunkraving_bohunk Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Back in August, my AC compressor went out and I was told by a mechanic to wait until the spring to have it fixed. Since then, though, the engine has been making a thumping noise and a friend told me it looks like the noise is coming from the broken compressor.
    Also, I have dashboard and headlights that flicker and It's not the alternator or the battery. Any ideas?
  • I recently bought a 2001 Tracker auto 4x4 w/ the 4 cyl. As I had hoped, it gets great gas mileage. My wife uses it as her daily driver and I get a 4wd to go to Mexico. She complains about the lack of power because she was used to her 1999 LTZ Lumina. We still have a 2001 Suburban 2wd though, so she has something else to drive also. I ultimately want to lift it and put the larger tires on it, but I'm afraid that it will really be a dog. Should I get rid of it and find a 6 cyl to pursue my off road dream?
  • I have a 1999 Tracker with auto trans and 4X4 w/ the 4cyl. I am on my second set of Michelin tires (LTX M/S P215/75R15). The first set I was able to get over 100,000 miles on them. I have traveled on roads, off road, sugar sand, beach sand and I have never been stuck. I don't know just what king of off roading you want to do but I would not advise getting larger that the P215/75R15 tires. Larger tires will load the engine down more, give poorer gas mileage and poorer response. Good luck.
  • I have a green and a black 2001 trackers, 4 cyl., and although they give me great gas mileage they do lack the power. There're great for speed limit driving(35, 45, 55, and 65) but if you want to go faster on the highway I recommend a 6 cyl. tracker or vehicle but they get me were I want to go, rain, snow or shine.
  • That was the size I was considering in a BFG All Terrain which are just under 8-1/2" wide and 28" tall. I buried it to the frame with it stock the first time on the beach down below San Felipe, but got towed out. I aired down the tires and seemed to be ok but I was more careful to keep it moving. I think I still want to put a 2-1/2" suspension lift from either Calmini or Rock Steady. Is yours lifted, any thoughts? Thanks!
  • That's how I feel about the speed. I mostly pulled 60-65 mph over the Fwy 8 grade through the mountains toward the desert on the way to Mexico and still got 24 mpg overall which was cool. I do think that I want to put tires and a lift though. I wonder if there are hosepower kits to make up for the added weight, maybe a hi flow air filter? Thanks!
  • I have a 2002 Chevy Tracker. Recently began feeling a vibration when I let off the gas and a metallic clunking noise when shifting as well as taking off and stopping. Was told it may be a u-joint but when I had a friend look at it he drained the rear differential and found it milky with metal shavings. Brought it in to the shop and they said the problem is in fact the rear u-joint. Would the rear u-joint cause the milky metallic lube...or is there a second problem?
    I have a 2002 Tracker as well. I had the clunking every time I let off the gas and accelerating, same as you. I thought the problem was a u-joint too, but it wasn't the case at all. You're going to need a new rear differential... the ring gear is worn out. I lucked out and found a used one for 550, and labor was about $500. Good luck!
  • billp5billp5 Posts: 12
    I do not know wehre you are but have a suggestion for a low cost, simple repair. If you have a "Pull A Part" salvage yard in your area or another salvage yard of the type you should be able to find a rear axel assembly at a reasonable price. They are really not much trouble to change, just unbolt the one in the yard and bolt it ack up to yours. You will have to bleed the brakes when you install the replacement one. You should be able to do the pupp and replace is less than 4 hours.

If you do not know how to do this but have some mechanical ability, purchase a HAYNES manual (Auto Zone or Advanced parts usually have them). It will give adequate instructions on how to do this.