Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Grand Cherokee A/C Heating Ventilation

Comments

• While trying to fix my a/c proglem similar to one listed in #27 -- except mines an 87 Cherokee with inline 6. Had a leak in the vacuum hose, but since I just rebuilt the engine, I'd like to check that I hooked everything up right. Anyway, if someone has the vacuum diagram for an 87 inline 6, please post.
  • My 2000 Grand Cherokee Larado just blows warm air. I recently had the water pump, serpentine belt and thermostat replaced beacause the car was running hot. Since then when I turn on the ac the compressor turns on for 5-10 seconds then turns off for 5-10 seconds continuously. I hooked up a gauge and the needle is going up from the green to the blue before the compressor shuts off and recycles. Anyone have any ideas...
  • tuggajbtuggajb Posts: 646
    is electric fan comeing on when you turn on ac
  • If you mean the blower fan yes it blows ok, if you mean the radiator fan, I think it's a clutch driven fan it runs ok whether the ac is on or off..
    there is a electric fan between the fan on the engine and the radrior have to looj hard to see it find it with the engine off use flash light hard to see but is in there
    i would try and change the auto belt tighner you replace as a unit could be bering going bad and when you turn on ac it puits strain on it
  • If you haven't figured it out already I have some help for you. Your squeeling is a common problem among any vehicle and there is nothing I hate more than waking up to someone's loud car. First off, determine which part is squeeling. Open the hood one morning while it's making the noise and stick your ear down there; watch out for moving parts. If that doesn't work take a long screwdriver and place it on all the components that are belt driven and feel for vibrations in the handle. Your squeel is due to a dried up bearing and when bearings go bad they can make all kinds of strange noises that can go and come whenever they want. Chances are if it's temperature related and the noise goes away once the vehicle warms up it's probably your water pump. The coolant tends to heat those bearings up well which would make the noise lessen or even go away for awhile. Hope this helps. Don't forget to pick up a Hayne's manual for complete instructions on repair and rebuild. :shades:
  • what is tsi what does it do?
  • If someone could please help me figure something out i would appreciate it. Just bought a used 1997 grand jeep cherokee laredo tsi 4.0 6 cylinder. what does tsi mean and it seems silly to ask, does it come with air conditioning since mine doesn't work right now?
    tsi just trim and stuff on jeep
    should have ac
    does it have ac compressr under hood?
  • man thanks for replying to be honest with you, i don't even know what one looks like...where would it be under the hood.
    should be on the right side down about 1/2 way down engine will have belt running around pulley on front two hoses hooked up to it (don.\,t evean loosen hoses ) under high pressure if don't know what's what take to shop.
  • there is a door above your fan that swings back and forth to regulate wheather the airecirculates or is fresh. it has broken off and is lying on top of your fan outlet. reach up above the fan (while the car is off) stick your fingers in the plactic grate there towards the fan. You will probably feel the door lying there. If you lift the door up out of the way it will temp fix your problem. You will probably have to use a coat hanger or such to get it lifted out of the way. Otherwise, it's off with the dash. It could be worse... belive me... my passenger heat doesn't work... the fix is PAINFULL.
  • I have a 2000 Jeep Grand cherokee it has dual climate contols for the driver side and for the passenger side The pasenger side never changes, you can turn the climate control knob up or down and it all ways remains the same.
  • bjdm3bjdm3 Posts: 1
    My wife purchased a 2007 Grand Cherokee in July and complains of exactly the same thing. Air is cold only when on coldest setting, but back it off by a single click of the temperature dial and the air temp is significantly less cold. It's full-cold or not-at-all-cold - no in-between. I recently read that Chrysler put out a service bulletin for the Commander for as similar problem wherein they reflash the computer. In that case though it was probably auto climate control and our Jeep has manual temperature controls. Do you or anyone else know of any updated information. Please let me know how we can help get this resolved. Thanks
  • To bjdm3 - Thx for your input. Please open a case to Chrysler's Customer Care Center - numbers count. You can reference my case #, which is mentioned in some earlier posts.
  • Hi to all! I'm new here so be nice!
    I have a 94 & a 98 Cherokee.
    Engine heat is all proper but seems that the heater does not put out HOT on high, just warm. Blend door is closing all the way, Any ideas? or do Cherokees have mediocre heaters?
  • Cherokeepeople - I had a '96 Cherokee for 11 years, and it had a great heater. Do you have a standard thermostat? I believe that is 195 degrees.
  • Thanks for the suggestion, you hit the nail squarely on the head with your reply.
  • Pretty sure the blower motor is shot. Has worked off and on for over a year, and no longer works at all. Is getting 12 volts at connector. Hooking up motor to battery does not work.

Can I replace the blower motor without having to drain the A/C system? Is it as simple as removing the 3 screws, and pulling the motor?

Thanks.