Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Hyundai supporting the Azera?

Comments

• dborthdborth Posts: 474
    RE. # 61 "and with a little negotiating you can pick up a new Azera for less than the price of the Sonata."
    I sure wish your NY dealer had a branch in CA.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    This is a very appropriate discussion for that conversation. Check the title. ;)
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    Ironically, the new ad agency is not the ones which designed those smart move ads.
    For those on the fence, $1,000 rebate on all trims, $299 monthly lease on SE, $500 Valued Owner coupon.

Source: HyundaiUSA "Specials in CA"
  • msazzyindcmsazzyindc Posts: 118
    They are promoting the Sonata and Santa Fe. What about my baby, she's cuter? :confuse:
    Hyundai is currently running a series of "DUH" ad campaigns, including:

Two Santa Fe stand-alone
    One Sonata stand-alone
    Tuscon, Santa Fe, Veracruz with Tucson details/offers at end
    Elantra, Sonata, Azera with Azera details/offers at end
  • msazzyindcmsazzyindc Posts: 118
    Initially my response was that I have not seen this commercial with all three and I'll be darn 10 mins later here it comes on TV. :P

They still are not showing how cute she (AZZY) is. They need to have a commercial showing the inside.

But it's about time. :)
  • Just received my September issue of Automobile Magazine with a decent two page Azera ad. Glad to see that they are supporting it!
  • hjc1hjc1 Posts: 183
    DUH------It should say Dumb.....
    These ad say NOTHING about the cars just pictures.
    Seems to me that advertising should get your interest
    and say something other then DUH
    How about showing features that you get and the great value
    that they offer. Sure they says they have leasing plans BUT why do I need the buy the advertised cars???
    Hyundai has a funny name from a Korean company and DUH
    they don't tell you why you should buy from them DUH...
    They seem to be blanketing the Madison, WI area with local, cable and Sat. with these ads. BUT what a waste of ad money. I LOVE MY BLACK AZERA :=)
  • I agree. I find this ad repulsive and stupid.I guess thats the market they are going after.It sure wouldn't have caused me to look at an Azera.
  • re 72
    Absolutely one of the finest ads for automobiles running. Now, if they can just get the dealers to conform to this style of addressing the consumer. :)
    van
    Re 73: Strange how a huge company, with constantly improving product, on the verge of launching a further upgraded sedan with rwd/v8, senses the need to change their AD agency.....still misses the crucial link. :confuse:
  • tsu670tsu670 Posts: 289
    Against my better judgement I purchased another Hyunadi.

My wife and I are in the market for a new vehicle. The new Veracruz looks intriguing. Some of the comments left on that model's boards, however, mention a few things the dealers seem to be having difficulting fixing.

So decided to jump over to this Azera board to see if there were similar experiences. Yep.

Also looked at the XG350 board. Same thing.

We decided against Hyundai. A good warranty on paper isn't too valuable if the dealer service network can't support it. It also explains why Hyundai resale value suffers.

Hyundai has come a long way from its days of dumping pure junk on this market, that is true; but it still has a long way to go before it can capture the trust and confidence of American buyers.
    Part of the TAI campaign.
  • jaymagicjaymagic Posts: 309
    Surprising you looked at these forums and saw Azera's as problem cars. Except for early 06 models the Azera has been roundly praised by virtually every owner who has posted.

While there was an initial unfamiliarity with the new model, that too has mostly passed. What you do see is that some Hyundai dealers are not customer oriented. However, this is equally true of virtually every make on the market, and certainly no worse for Hyundai owners than the complaints about dealers of all but a few high end brands. But, to each his own. I have had both an XG and now an 07 Azera, from the same dealer.
  • tsu670tsu670 Posts: 289
    Your response was totally predictable, Jaymagic, as you have been a strong supporter of these cars throughout these boards. I understand and sympathize with your attempts to help bolster Hyundai's image for the sake of improving your car's resale value. Good luck and best wishes.
    The "title" above is a suggestion for a new Azera thread.

Perhaps the supposed marketing strength of Huyndai's warranty is a consumer rope-a-dope, and maybe some dweeb in Korea monitors this forum.
    I don't know that any of us can know someone else's true motivation for posting what they do, but there are plenty of people around here who are very enthusiastic about their Azeras. Sympathy is not necessary! :shades:
    Sounds like a helpful subject - let's talk about it over here: Hyundai Azera Service. That's the perfect place for it.