Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Hybrid vs Toyota Prius

13»

Comments

• stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,788
    "No, one cannot get a Prius without the display and on the Civic the "with and without" display you mention is the GPS/navigation system and has nothing to do with the operation of the car."

Take a look at my message, I was speaking of the FEH.
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,788
    "Sorry that's not accurate. It has nothing to do with the operation of the vehicle.

Over on PriusChat there are a few limited reports of the MFD failing but it's just a small computer screen that goes out. It has nothing to do with the running of the vehicle. "

Thanks for the update. My information was outdated.

It is good to know that the MFD can fail without impacting the HSD.

But just to confirm, I'm not talking about the screen going blank, but about the electronics behind the screen. Are you saying that you can pull the MFD out of a Prius and it will still run?
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Yes it's just a computer screen. In fact you do lose the touch screen interface for the audio and HVAC and Navi if it's there.

However the redundant controls on the steering wheel can still control the audio and the HVAC even without the MFD being active.

There is in fact a button to turn off the screen if some drivers find it annoying.
  • I am curious just how much is the cost for Navigation on the Prius?
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    It's about $800. The difference between Package #4 and Package #5.
13»
This discussion has been closed.