Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Montero Sport

Comments

• I answered your question earlier. I took my XLS 2000 Sport in with the same problem. They checked it and found that I had too much compression gas in my AC. They took it all out, put it in at the right level and the problem disappeared completely. Tell them to check your freon level. I bet that is your problem. Let me know if that works. My email address miligausa@netscape.net
  • My Montero Sport came with AM/FM radio with single CD and i would like to upgrade it.
    Any suggestions on CD changers?
  • alexpalexp Posts: 70
    Congratulations on your purchase! Did you buy 2000 or 2001 Sport?
  • woohoowoohoo Posts: 2
    Just looking around on the web for Montero stuff. Last nite I came home with a 2000 Montero Sport XLS. Absolutely LOVE IT!

I did all my homework, then test drove a Grand Cherokee, Ford Explorer and this one. Took it home overnite (good way to get a buyer addicted!), and bought it the next afternoon.

The Jeep was too narrow and the Ford - well, it just didn't do anything for me. Also considered a 4Runner (too expensive for what you get and it's less powerful).

I've owned Nissan's for years (cars), and I'm truly faithful, but hate the Pathfinder - the way it drives (same comment on the 4Runner price/value), and the XTerra was too small and drove similar to the Pathfinder.

Anyway, I feel like it's Christmas! If I'm paying this kind of money for a vehicle....
    I WANT TO LOVE TO DRIVE IT! Woooooo Hooooo!
  • woohoowoohoo Posts: 2
    I just bought a used 2000 4WD XLS last nite and paid 21K (at the dealer).

Don't know what model the 00 your looking at is, but see it's also a 2WD. You might want to call your bank - on-line pricing is not right for 00's but my bank had the right info. I know, because I just went through this yesterday.

The wholesale on mine was 20,6somthing, and the retail was almost 24K. If you look it up for mine on the internet it gives much higher (not updated or mileage considering) pricing.
    So, call the bank. :)
  • Hi again,

Got no response from my first post. I don't want to spam, but I really need to sell. This is the last time I'll post on this forum:

I have a beautiful, Royal Blue/Sudan Beige Montero Sport Limited 2WD for sale. Leather, CD, ABS, 3.5L V6, http://www.ece.utexas.edu/~kjmoore/montero.htm

If you're not very close to Austin, we could work out something fair on the delivery side.

Thanks,

Ken
    mailto:ken_in_austin@hotmail.com
  • So I just bought a Montero Sport XLS 4WD. During the two weeks I've had it, the 4WD indicator light flashes intermittently. First Friday nite when I stopped for gas. Monday a.m. at cold start. Tuesday a.m. at cold start. Thursday a.m.at cold start. When I took it to dealer they could not find any error codes. At no time have I moved the 4WD lever out of 2WD. Has anyone heard of this problem?
  • dnap1dnap1 Posts: 4
    How much do cargo covers cost for the 2000 sport
  • Cargo Cover from the dealership is around $120 - $150. Shop around by calling other dealership's parts departments and asking for the price.

A second option is www.magauto.com They sell original factory parts at a discount.
  • I'm going to buy either a 4Runner Limited or a Montero Sport Limited very soon. Is saving about 5 grand with the MS and better finance offers worth it over Toyota reliability and other 4Runner options like power seats and the disappearing rear glass? Please help! Thanks
  • The popping sound in the rear is defective hydralic (sp) lifts on the tailgate
  • 2000 Sport Limited 4WD 10000 miles leather
    loaded CD Silencer Alarm
    Asking $27000.
    email me at dean_giordano@hq.dla.mil
  • dmetzgerdmetzger Posts: 160
    4 Runner vs Sport. Read post 322 as well. To date, I am still very satisfied.
  • I would like to ask post #381 (woohoo) the mileage on the used 2000 Montero Sport XLS 4wd. I am in a similar situation close to a purchase and want to know how probable my chances are of talking down a 24K to 21K (my max). Miles on this vehicle are 15000. Thanks
  • dnap1dnap1 Posts: 4
    I was offered a $500 free gas offer when I bought my montero sport it has been some time now and I have not gotten anything in the mail for it. I called the dealer and they gave me an address to write to. It has now been two weeks and nothing!!
    Anyone else with the same problems. Am I being had.
    Calling dealer is not good enough, go there in person, cnofront salesman and sales manager. Be loud and persistant. This is breach of contract, they promised that and they have to meet that. That address they gave, did not promised you anything, the dealer did.
  • Hey Bigeasyal, I am interested in trying to buy one of the remaining 2000 Montero Sport. Any prcinging info would be greatly appreciated. Please email to Michaelottman@att.net. Thank you.
  • I purchased a new 2000 LS Montero Sport 4X4 about 7 months ago and have been having problems with it stalling/poor acceleration since I bought it. I just got done talking to the dealer and now they are telling me Mitsubishi issued an advisory that says to let the car warm up in the morning before I drive it and that I now have to use Premium gas in it. Anyone else see a problem with this? I find it kind of rediculous that I buy a brand new car and have to let it warm up like an old beater or else it will stall on me. I also am frustrated that I now need to run Premium gas in the car when this was not the case when I purchased it. GAS IS EXPENSIVE ENOUGH! Any advice/comments would be appreciated.
    pecorjas@pilot.msu.edu
    pecorjas...have your dealer certify that engine is up to spec and that you need to use premium gas (US premium gas, 93 octaine) and then go to the different dealership, but do not show them your papers, for the second opinion. There is a thin line in the "premium gas" definition. All specs and manuals are translated from Japanese. US 89 octaine, is considered "premium" in most of the countries, where some of them are still using 66 ocataine leaded gas. In the winter time, gas is "spiked" with diffrent chemicals that do affect performance, but will not stall the car.
    Try to use different ga station, it is possible if you are using some older, cheaper places, their gas tanks are filled with water or some other stuff. Whatever you do, just remeber, your dealer is not giving the righr answers. Warming car is wise, especially in the new cars, but we are talking 30 seconds up to a minute, not the 10 minutes "warming". It is probably in your manual, that says "warm for ...seconds". Ask your dealer about that advisory (that you would like to have a copy of it, or chance to read it) and what prompted that advisory.
  • Hey gang,
    I'm in the market for a 2000 Montero Sport, and have found one that looks pretty good. However, like a lot of rental cars the dealer bought at auction, the keyless entry is missing. I walked out rather than pay an extra $114 for the part. This morning I called another dealer to get prices for keyless entries, and learned something I hadn't understood before. The 2000 models have a key with a transponder in it; if you just get a key made at the hardware store it will unlock the door but it WON'T start the car. You have to get keys made (and programmed) at the dealership. So, since this car only has one key, it will cost me $48 to buy another key, and the keyless entries are $114 each PLUS the labor to program them. No wonder the dealer was so reluctant to replace the keyless entry! But as far as I'm concerned, this is an almost-new car and it's missing a part, just the same as if it were missing the spare tire, and I can't believe they can't buy the stuff I need for less than retail.

Also, this car has no trailer hitch. I was told that there's no "towing package" with the Montero Sport, and the cost to have a dealer put on a hitch is $224 for the hitch and $60 for the wiring harness, plus labor of course. Other than that there should be "no problem" (where have we heard that before) towing a small trailer.

Opinions or comments, anyone?