Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Problem with stability system

Comments

• I also own a 2004 cadillacsrx. I can identify with some of the concerns expressed by many. Yesterday while on a 40 mile trip my stbility system engage message came on screen, the car jerked to the right. I did not hit a bump or the road conditions were fine. It did this approx. 6 times. It seems like it came from nowhere. Also at that time my drivers door unlocked. which we all know it locks upon driving. I pushed the ock button it locked then it unlocked again, at the same time i had cd on. It shut off and the radio popped on. I was terrified. I was drivig at approx. 72 mph. This message has comeon before would jerk car then it would be fine. Now looking at this I don't see the benefit of keeping this car. Unlike others this is my only vehicle with 3 daughters who has programs to get to as well as myself. So i have no choice but to sell. Which is a very difficult choice to make. And to make it bad i did buy it used from a cadillac dealership as being certified. Everytime i take it in they say nothings wrong with it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know something is wrong. I get many compliments and your soo lucky. I just say thank you and keep it moving. I don't have that much time in a day to explain.
  • gm_familygm_family Posts: 1
    I'm on my 5th or 6th trip to the dealership for the same thing. I am now being told that GM has asked the dealership to check the headers for carbon build-up and it's not the computer. My family has a history with GM and currently have 5 GM products within the family and NONE of them have this issue! Definitely frustrating!

Frustrated in Cali!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    gm_family,

I'm sorry to read about your frustrating situation; do you currently have a Service Request open with Customer Assistance (71-**********)? If not, we'd be happy to get one established for you. Please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (including your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, the name of your dealership and more information about your recent visits there for this concern).

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • vhowardvhoward Posts: 1
    My current problem with the 2004 SRX is it make a grinding noise from start up and while driving paid 1300.00 to fix it, it's back. now it can't pass inspection. This sounds crazy to me, the dealer is telling me I have to drive the car 300 miles to get it to pass inspection. why would i want to drive 300 miles in a car that can't pass inspection? Can anyone help me make sense of this?
    Good afternoon vhoward,

I'm sorry for any confusion that has come out of your recent repair visit. If we can look into this further for you, please send the following information to socialmedia@gm.com: your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership.
    All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • aljimboaljimbo Posts: 5
    :lemon: I am the author of messages # 190-191-193 and 201. Here I am, still driving the 04 SRX and wondering when I will again be along the side of the road. If you review my previous messages, you will understand that the car has been paid for for years. NOW, I find myself with another car payment in that the dollars spent on recent non warranty problems have added up so fast that I now have a credit card payment that will take month's to pay off. Sounds crazy, an old man with a balance to repair a car that was to be the pride and joy of retirement . Two or three thousand dollars is a major expendature for me and my wife, my hopes are that the repairs that have been done will allow me to drive the SRX safely for enough time to justify the dollars spent on the vehicle in 2011 and 2012 not to mention previous non warranty years.
  • I have a 2004 SRX. I came to the dealer because the car suddenly started cutting off. It shut off while I was driving. I had to hold the gas down to get it off the road. I had my 4 kids in the car. So I had to get it towed to the nearest GM dealer. they told me the line from the brake booster was loose. So I picked it up the next morning. When I got home I left the car running to run and get something out the house. When I come back the battery light is on and the car had cut off. So I try to start it and again it won't start unless I press on the gas. So I called the dealer back and they told me to bring it back. I did I've been sitting here for 3 hours and they haven't found the problem yet. I'm 2 hours from home and pissed to the max. I paid for one thing but its turning out to be something else.
    Hello cmurray2012,

I'm sorry that you had to go back in for the same issue. Please post an update of what they find, if you like, and if we can look into anything further for you feel free to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • elamelam Posts: 17
    Sarah,
    I know you are just GM's watchdog (excuse the term), and not the decision maker, but is GM EVER going to take responsibility for this lemon of a car they built, or just keep putting a band aid on it until someone get killed? By now GM just on this site alone has been given fair warning about how unreliable and dangerous this car is. The tragedy is the dealerships know what the problems are, and conveniently can diagnose it when it is to their benefit. I've seen it.

I have many stories to tell, and do not mind sharing them, just so the people that own these things know whats coming from both the dealer and GM.

For once will (Government Motors) tell the truth? Kind of follows the administration that fathered this child.
  • log21stlog21st Posts: 4
    I also have a 2004SRX, V6, 2 wheel drive, with 152,000 miles. It has been a good car. Just recently, it started the Stability Waltz that I have read so much about here. First it started to post a message in the msg center that the "Service Stability System", Today the "Stability System Engaged" light came on twice and the car deaccelerated. The light quickly went off and all was fine. I am getting a little concerned. I would like the GM Rep to post for me any recalls associated with this problem and what GM is doing to address this issue. It appears to be a serious safety issue and I don't have much confidence that my dealer will find and fix this problem quickly.... and I am 47 miles from the dealer. I don't want to make to many trips at that mileage.
  • They first said a line to my main brake booster was lose and they replaced it and reset my lights. As I was leaving and went home it cut off again. I took it back to the dealer then they said it was my o2 sensors totaling 700 bucks. My engine light never came on. So I told them nevermind I will take my truck home for that price. I'm a working mother of 4 and just got the truck 3 months earlier with 80,000 miles on it. I get it home and my boyfriend's father check it out. The dealership never teste my spark plugs plus my Throttle body gasket was cracked to pieces. Total rip off these dealers Plus the brake line didn't even looked like it had new lines. Can you say REFUND?
  • hoopdaddy1hoopdaddy1 Posts: 6
    I too have an 04 SRX that has had the same problem. The dealer first replaced the brake module (ecbm). That didn't fix the problem. The next try was the steering sensor. It appears that may have fixed the problem. We are now 3 days without any "Stability System" messages appearing. Before we couldn't go a mile without the problem appearing. I would recommend having the dealer start with the steering sensor, as it seems to be the fix regardless of what the computer codes say.
    hoopdaddy1,

I'm glad that your dealership was hopefully able to resolve the stability system concern you had been having. Please keep us posted if the situation changes!

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Sarah,
    Would you believe that I called the Cadillac Customer Service today to discuss a Stability System Issue with my 2004 SRV, V6, and I was told that I was the first customer that had called about this issue. Are you kidding me? Are all of the issues posted on Edmunds regarding the stability system bogus?
    Is Edmunds a trusted site by GM or not? Have there been issues on the Stability system reported to GM or not?
    Good evening log21st,

I appreciate how your interaction with the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center would bring forth these questions, and can understand how it must look from your perspective. Hopefully I can bring some clarity to the matter.

Our Customer Assistance Centers (phone-based as well as web-based like myself) are not centrally located; we have different departments and different locations. In addition, we handle each customer on an individual basis - the agent you spoke with may very well not have heard of any Stability System concerns on the Cadillac SRX before depending on the calls he or she had received. Furthermore, customer service representatives have access to very specific resources: open recalls on your particular vehicle, owner's manuals, product information, and so on. We would not be privy to a hypothetical technical discussions by brand quality, documents that would help us to diagnose a vehicle over the phone or web, etc.

It may not be a perfect system, but we're doing what we can within it. This is why Social Media, the department I work in, provides a new perspective for General Motors. We do document threads where a pattern of a particular issue occurs for further consideration, but where that information goes once I log it, I can't say for sure.

When you contacted the Customer Assistance Center, did they set up a Service Request for you? If we can look into it and provide any available updates, please let us know!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Sarah,
    Thanks for your reply to my note on the Stability System Problem. I plan to take my car to an authorized GM Repair shop tomorrow. I have read enough on this site to understand where they should start. Seings that I have no warranty left after 152,000 miles and will be paying the bill, I will take them some info to get started on. Hopefully, they will be able to diagnois and fix the problem. I don't understand why GM doesn't maintain a central data base on these kinds of issues so a Customer Service Rep like I spoke with would be able to answer questions on such a issue. Sounds like to me you are operating in the dark and the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. One mans opinion.......
    Hoopdaddy 1,
    Thanks for your info on this. I plan to go to the GM Dealer tomorrow and the info I have gleened from this site will help me and them to get to the boom of this problem. I have been very pleased with my 2004 SRX. I have 152, 000 miles and it has been a good car. I have gotten my money's worth already. However, I would like to get 200,000 and then sell it. Plan to buy a GMC SUV. Bought 1993, GMC Truck and 2000 GMC Jimmy, both still going strong and have well over 100,000 on each one.
    Good morning log21st,

I hope that all goes well for you during your visit today; thank you for your feedback!
    Looking forward to an update,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Hi, my 2004 cadillac srx has been nothing but trouble since i've owned it. I've had a power reduced Issue for so long and dealers only replace and replace parts to no solution and now i am out of warranty with a vehicle full of new dealer parts that runs like crap. New catalytic converter, new plug to throttle body, new throttle body and who knows what else. The vehicle runs and suddenly, power reduced appears and then i can only move under 40mph. I was hoping cadillac would be better than that. Can you please help me really fix my srx. My VIN# is 1GYEE637140151495.
    Good morning,

I'm sorry that your SRX has had so many difficulties over the course of your ownership. When did you take possession of this vehicle, and when was your most recent visit to your dealership for the loss of power issue?

Please send these and further details (your name and contact information, Edmunds username, and the name of your involved dealership) to us at socialmedia@gm.com

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service