Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Problem with stability system

Comments

• rriderrrider Posts: 9
    just today took the srx in to address the the stability system issue....there have been a number of recalls and apparently some coverage is available via the waaranty till 2013!
    I agree though.....it is unsafe to drive and God help you if it comes on and you try to brake!
    I will get a bill tomorrow I am sure and will update this post then.
    The service managers first words were, "It's probably a sensor module in the steering column ...we will have to run a diagnostic for the codes".
    Having read this as well as many other forums I was prepared and this seemed to improve the overall working relationship. I also asked for a print out he was able to get from the computer using my vin number and to my surprise offers a tremendous amount of information regarding the recalls, warranties and work done over the years...even the previous owners.

goof luck and will keep all up to date as this unfolds.

rob :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,004
    Hello Dontbuycaddy's,
    I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your vehicle. Can you please provide me with your VIN and current mileage? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • nepcarnepcar Posts: 10
    Mariah, If you look at all the posts here Dontbuycaddy is not the only person who has this problem. My 2004 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD has had this problem for a long time and no Cadillac Service center could find the problem. I have had the sensor replaced, tires changed and other stuff and the problem still happens. Except when I take it to the dealer and they could not reproduce the problem.
    Hello Nepcar,
    I am sorry that your vehicle experienced an issue. Is the problem intermittent is that why they couldn't find the problem? Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service.
  • nepcarnepcar Posts: 10
    Mariah,

The email in that link appears to be very generic. Is there a more speicific email address or phone number where I can share my VIN?

NEPCAR
    Hello Nepcar,
    That email address goes straight to me so that will be fine to use. Thank you,
  • Our car is a 2004 Cadillac SRX V8, we have had it 2 years. We have several issues going on with it but I have contacted cadillac dealers in our area and they have told me there is nothing as far as a recall been placed on any of our issues. The first is that the front blinker on the drivers side of the car continues to stop working. We have had it replaced about a year ago and now it needs it again. We live in Texas so it has to pass an inspection every year. It has not been working for a few months now and its time for a new state inspection. The next issue is the stability system engaged warning keeps coming on and jerking us to the right. It will go a little bit early in the morning on the way to work before it starts appearing. Having read everyone complaints and things that have happened to their cadillacs it seems to me that there is a defect somewhere in this system and it should be addressed no matter how old the car is. I am not sure if there is anything you can do to help with the issues. We don't have the money to play a guessing game with the problems on this car. About 2 months into the purchase of the vehicle both back windows came off track and we were told it would be $500 dollars for each window to get them fixed. Also, now just in the past couple of weeks the right rear tire has started to squeal so badly that it is embarassing to driver it anywhere. We went to try and trade the car in and just wash our hands of the whole ordeal but we owed so much on it that we couldn't even get rid of it. We are very frustrated exspecially after hearing SO many complaints about the same issues on this message board. I am glad that someone is actually acknowledging our complaint. I will send you an email with the VIN #, I do not want to post it on here.
  • Our car has 56,000 miles on it. We have barely put 10,000 miles in 2 years. I am not sure if anyone has experienced the other problems we have had with our Caddy or not. But we have had the front drivers side blinker replaced and it has already stopped working again so we have to pay around $200 just to get it replaced because they have to take the front bumper off just to get into it. Also, our 2 back windows came off of track or whatevery mechanism it is inside them that rolls them up and down. This happened 2 months into our new Caddy purchase. Over the past few months we have started getting the stability system engaged message and the car will jerk you extremely hard to the right. I have to let off the gas to keep from being jerked off into the ditch. I was trying to get some ideas of exactly what the problem is but it sounds to me like everyone is playing a guessing game with exactly what is defective about the car causing these problems in repeated owners vehicles. I am not willing to invest thousands more into this car with all of the problems owners are still having after trying to fix the sensor, new tires, and many more fixes that have not changed anything about their automobile. Anyone else experienced any of the problems I have?
    Hello Dontbuycaddys,
    I will be looking for your email. If you don't get my response please let me know. Thank you,
  • Are you still experiencing the same problems with the Stabilty System? I would really like for someone to step up and take responsibility for making a mistake with these cars and fix it.
  • Do you still have your car? We won't to get rid of ours so bad but we went to trade it in and to get rid of it we were going to lose $8000. So we are stuck with it. I am just wondering if you ever found a fix and if this car could still have some manufacturer warranty??
  • swak6287swak6287 Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2004 AWD V8 SRX with 3rd row and all, and 76000 miles on it. Carfax shows good record with no recalls. But, after reading y'alls problems with the stability control, and others, i am second guessing myself. Is it really that bad of a car? I mean, of course every vehicle has bad apples in the batch, but are all 2004 awd v8 a lemon? Are there any good things that u guys have to say about ur SRX?
  • Honestly, IF I had read these message boards prior to purchasing our Cadillac, I most definitely would not have bought it. I would have purchased the 2008 Dodge Challenger we were looking at. You might want to check on the recalls for the make model and year for yourself. I have looked up information on this car and there are several recalls just nothing covering the electrical stability system nor the electrical problems we are having with the windows blinkers and running lights in the car. If you do decide to purchase it buy the warranty because it sounds like it won't have any when you decide to make the purchase. Our car has 56,500 miles on it and we have only put about 10,000 miles on it in a little over 2 years. We have taken good care of it but it is hard to take care of something that is defected. Beware! The only positive note I will say is that the car is pretty, I love the leather heated seats in the winter (I am always cold). The gas mileage is awful and the car is in need of alot of repairs that they don't even know what is causing... I hope I helped! I have never been so angry at a car manufacturer before this one. This vehicle is our 10th car purchase and I will buy Nissan, Toyota or Honda when I get my next new one.
  • I did this today, have not heard anything back. Have you done it yet?
  • pycklespyckles Posts: 3
    My mom recently passed away and I inherited her SRX. I drove it to work and back 2 days in a row and the Stability system activate 3 of the 4 legs of the trip. Scared the crap out of me as the back end of the vehicle seemed to sway left about a foot. Work is only 5 miles away so I was really surprised that this occurred that many times in such a short distance. I would also like to be contact by Mariah at GM. I personally haven't had any trouble with anything else, at least not to date.
  • cbnailcbnail Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    I have a 2010 SRX Luxury Collection. Starting the second week that I had it, the stabilitrac completely jerked the car away from me. The traction light did not come on. It does it intermittently on curves, uneven pavement, potholes, and change in the road. I am so paranoid about it causing a wreck that I'm scared to drive it long distances. I've taken it back to the dealer but was told nothing was wrong with it. I was even accused of taking the curves too fast, but it has done this numerous times in town going slow rates of speed. I've had the car since Jan. and have searched for others experiencing the same problem. I am so thankful I found this thread because I'm taking it back to the dealer in the morning. I called to see if they could disconnect the stabilitrac but was told that was not possible. This issue is really causing me to consider a trade. Other than this it's an awesome ride! :mad:
  • koobelskoobels Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
    i had the same problem with the driver side blinker. i had unfortunately replaced the bulb twice already. it's not an easy job to do.didn't have to remove bumper though. just the wheel well and the bottom covers and a 9/32 socket.
  • I have the same problem with my caddy srx (96K miles). First the "stability system engaged", moments later its "service stability system" and then "service brake assissy". The brakes initially "slip" and will not stop the vehicle as axpected the first time the brakes are applied. It gets a little better thereafter. The CD player continually shuffles even when the engine if turned off, as if a CD/DVD is stuck inside. It has been suggested by a GM dealership that I may have to buy a new player (quoted at about $700, probably will be close to $1000 when they install it). I have taken it to GM dealer twice and they claim the computer can not detect the problem and that they can not "replicate" the problem while they have the car. I am very frustrated and wonder whether GM is seriously trying to encourage us to buy "American". :(
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,015
    Sometimes you can "reset" CD players by pulling the fuse.

Not your problem, but there's a variation of the fuse trick in the How to Remove a Stuck CD guide.
    Hello Sham_caddy,
    I apologize that you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle. Did the dealership ever put a code reader in your vehicle so when the problem occurred you could read the codes? Does the CD player do the shuffling all the time or just intermittently? Thank you,