Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Problem with stability system

Comments

• elamelam Posts: 17
    IDonner-

I forgot to mention that the chain in the transfercase will be next. All of the jerking that is caused by the stability control lead to the failure of our transfer case. So funny, the GM dealer said they had no idea of what the problem was, but offered to fix it for $1800. I asked, so if you do not take it apart and look to find the problem, how can you provide a fixed price to fix it? They were speechless. Of course, GM had a taillight warranty (when you cannot see the tailights, the warranty is over), so I ultimatley took it to a professional that just does transmissions, and obtain a long term warranty.

GM- If you love the car so much, I will sell you mine. Not a thing wrong with it!! Ha!!!!!!!! I do not drive it (for fear of getting killed), but as soon as I can find a buyer (as is where is) its gone. Come on GM- make me an offer!!!!!!!!!!
  • ldonnerldonner Posts: 4
    Thanks for the heads-up. Has anyone ever alerted the media? Maybe if these issues were made public, we would get some action? I'm sure people would like to be forewarned that if they are ever driving behind me, my engine might shut off...or my car my suddenly jolt into oncoming traffic.
  • Yeah, maybe that will work, because my stability system message is on everyday, took it to the cadillac dealership, they lied to me and told me that they did a DT on it. Come to find out they didn't, which was told by the CSR when she was calling for feedback on how the service was the last time I visited. It's funny, everyone is having the same exact problems. Maybe we should take it to the media and maybe the cadillac dealership or whoever would do more.
  • I love my truck, because it looks gud on the outside, if I knew that all these problems would occur, I would have kept my Impala. Cadillac dealership, what a rip off. Can't trust anyone to fix the problem RIGHT. They are just in it for the money, not to have satisfied customers-and that's what makes a company, the satisfied customers.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,154
    justbeingme,

Have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email me the case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    CSmith2011-What did I tell you? GM cust Serv will now try to get you to be quite. Get ready for the discount off of a new GM (Government Motors) vehicle. I still have my SRX peice of crap, just can't seem to get rid of it. And GM certaily offered no help in repairs. Thanks, GM! Your actions really told me (and I do share it) what you are all about. In my opion- deception...

Greg
  • juanitamhjuanitamh Posts: 1
    Hello Idonner,

I totally feel your pain and understand your frustrations as I am having the exact same problems even after several repairs. I don't understand why cadillac has not had a recall on this part/issue. This truck has been an absolute nightmare!!!!
    juanitamh,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Did you have the repairs done at a GM dealership?

Thank you,
    juanitamh-As stated in earlier comments, GM Customer Service monitors this site. I too have no idea why they have not placed a recall, or at a minimum make certain repairs. [In my opinion] they only monitor the site to catch you and get you off the comment board, making some ha;l [non-permissible content removed] attempt of looking like they actually care. As bad as the accidents were with the SXR that killed a few people, maybe at a minimum, all of the complaints sets forth grounds for the legal team of these families to dig into GM's real problem. It is alltoo convenient that evey GM service department "has no clue" what the problem is. As mentioned in my earlier comments, while they had no clude what the Stability problem was, they were all over it when the transfer case failed (as a result of the jerking) Ironically, they knew what was wrong and provided a price to repair without ever touching it. I guess they have ESP. It Ffiled with less than 100,000 miles, but they claim the time had elasped. GM was absolutely useless in this process. Just be forwarned about their process, especially just wearing you out. Rather than the mental stress- I just bought a new Ford. I still have the car though. Seem as if its not a great resale, especially as everyone that reads these sites and sees all of the complaints about the SRX and GM in general. Thanks Caron and GM for all your shennanigans........
  • I , as everyone else, have had most all of the same things go wrong with my 04 SRX. Unfortunately I am not in the position to sink this kind of money into this car any longer. Since having the transfer case replaced I have been having electrical issue codes coming up. Have started with the least expensive and worked my way up. Today I bouhgt a new battery and this will be my final purchase in repairs for this car. I am sick of it. This was my first purchase of a Caddy and will definetly be my last...
  • mskatzymskatzy Posts: 3
    I bought my SRX 2004 new and loved if for the first six months. Now, I have no tail lights, so I don't drive at night, no turn signals in the front, the check engine light is always on, and it now says that the monitor needs servicing. Oh did I also mention that my 3rd row seat will no longer come up. This car is the biggest lemon that I have ever had. I plan on getting everything repaired shortly as I can't afford to purchase a new car right now. But, Cadillac has lost a good customer. I always felt like they were taking me for a ride when I would take it to the dealer, funny thing is I have not been able to find anybody else that will touch this thing.....I am just so disappointed, and they wonder why people buy foreign cars.
  • I'd pretty much shelved my 2004 SRX, but due to a small accident my wife's 2010 VW Jetta is in the body shop so she's driving the SRX to work. This morning I went to go put gas in the car forgot to deactivate the stability control
    and it activated on dry pavement jerked me to the side of the road all most hit a group of Jr. High kids walking to school. I turned back for home put the car in the garage and drove my wife to work. I know GM-Cadillac's plan is to wait out all of us owners of SRX's they're playing a dangerous game with peoples lives. I already filed a compliant with the FEds little good that has done I guess someone will have to lose their life before the right thing is done. GM needs to the right thing and buy the SRX's back.
  • rabncrabnc Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Has anyone experienced a problem with the 2011 Cadillac SRX Stability system. This morning I was driving in to work and it felt like I hit a bump in the road and all of a sudden my car started slowing down and the display said "Service Stability Control System" and when I tried to accelerate it would not do anything. I have to steer it into a middle lane out of traffic and restart it before it would accerlerate again. I am just thankful that I was not on the interstate in rush hour traffic. I took it into the dealership this morning after it happened and they seemed to be stunned that this happened, but when I read these posts, it seems like it is not a new issue. Does anyone have any information?
    rabnc,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
  • I have been watching this forum for a year now and I have yet to see a posting where GM has done anything to help any of the people with their stability problems. Now Caron is apologizing and asking to be kept posted of a good outcome?? The nerve! My SRX has been parked for over a year waiting for some kind of resolution to anyone on this forum. Now we have to get things fixed on our own and let them know? GOOD LUCK rabnc! :mad:
    pyckles,
    Caron is asking for feedback and updates, not just positive, on what is going on with the dealer and the concerns. This way if the dealer is having problems fixing the concerns she can set up a case with Customer Assistance. I apologize for your frustration. Please feel free to email us the information and we will be happy to look into your situation.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • dont waste your time....if you search this thread and the many others you will find the same story....you will end up with an offer to buy another cadillac and a 1500.00 credit. i am still waiting for someone with enough money to hire an attorney and file a class action law suit.
    these delaerships will all give you the same story..." we have not heard about this before", or "it is the sensor in the steering column" or "you need new brakes" or " the air bags (shocks) need replacing" or......... and inevitably it will cost you literally thousands of dollars and a boat load of grief.

GET RID OF IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!
  • In March (see in Forum) we had the ECM replaced (about a month after the throttle body was replaced). So far, it's been fine. My biggest frustration was the Chevy dealership (and anyone else) can't rely on Cadillac customer service to help resolve the problem. At some point we'll be getting a replacement, but with the government ownership on top of the service issues (including closing our closest Caddy dealer), it will be time to end our GM relationship.
  • clwaffclwaff Posts: 1
    Three times in the past 2 weeks I have had this happen to me with my 2004 SRX!!! I have 3 young children who it scared, I almost got rear ended because of it at 70 mph because the" traction control" light came on while going up a hill, my car wouldn't excellerate it started shaking while trying to get pulled to the side of the road safely... I turned off the vehicle and turned it back on and the vehicle was fine, after that its happened two more times!!! GM just replace my transfer case as well and It only has 85K on it, not even 100k yet, I tell you what, when I get rid of this POS car I will be taking my buisness elsewhere!!
  • rabncrabnc Posts: 2
    I took my 2010 Cadillac into the dealership the day it happened the first time and they determined that the control selinoid (spelling?) had broken and even though my car did start accelerating again, they did not want me to drive it due to safety issues. They told me that they had never seen the control Selinoid break and it took about a week and a half to get the part. i think my problem is a bit different than some of the issues I have seen reported. Even though mine has been fixed, I still think about it going dowm the road. I know that freak things happen that I pray my issues are fixed and I must say that I was completely satisfied with my dealership and the way it was handled. If anyone has this happen, I would not wait, I would get it checked immediately because it is very dangerous.
  • sam206sam206 Posts: 1
    Thanks for the tip on how to shut the stability system off. I literally drove to work this morning with my brakes on. Stability system engaged message came on every 30 seconds. I was getting pretty nervous by the time I got to work. My dealer is going to have a look at the vehicle to see what the problem is. Had it in there two weeks ago because the check stability system message came on two or three times and they couldn't find anything wrong. I am thinking buying this SRX was a big mistake from reading all the messages on this site.
  • njtotnnjtotn Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for the heads up on how to turn it off. I purchased a 2004 SRX last week. The car is beautiful and I can tell that the previous owner took great care of the vehicle. However, I noticed this issue within the last 3 days and was not quite sure what the problem was until I found this forum. It seems as if it is more dangerous to drive with the stability control "on" than "off". How long can I drive with it "off" before I need to get the car serviced? Also, how can I insure that the problem will be corrected if and when serviced?
  • I have had the same issue with the SRX for the past few months, but when I take it to get serviced "there is nothing wrong with it" now pay. This morning it happened the worst ever, it felt as if I had a flat tire and had run out of gas at the same time. The SRX started shaking really bad and swerved to the right, right in front of a school bus. Mind you this was on the freeway going 62, thankfully the bus driver slammed on the breaks and avoided me. I don't plan on driving it again, can you imagine these kids going to school, and several of them ending up dead, just because GM cannot step up and fix what they designed. I've always loved GM, but this has gone too far. I will rather drive an import than end up causing someone to lose their life, or end up losing mine or that of one of mine.
  • WOW....never thought there are so many others with the stability system problem.
    Light comes on several times during the day and this was the first time the car slowed down on the the road. Scary
  • We purchased a new '11 Srx yesterday, we left the dealership and went a few blocks away then right back to the dealership. Once the vehicle was above around 40-45 mph any change in the road level caused the vehicle to sway or feel like the rear was trying to swerve on its own! It literally made us dizzy sick! The service dept put it on diagnostics saying they had never heard of this before. They said the "tow in" was off a little so it was adjusted. The service person and us drove it after and only got to a freeway offramp before a "what the h*ll was that!?" Came out of the mouth of the service person after it happened again only really bad this time. We went back to the dealership. They are supposed to be contacting GM engineers to find out what the issues is. NO we didn't buy it, but I wished I would have seen these postings before wasting our time.
  • How do you turn the stability system off? I'm driving my family 600mi. for xmas holiday, think we'll make it?
  • Is this problem mostly 2004? We are looking to buy 2007 or 2008.
  • For the 2004 SRX, you can turn the stability system off by pressing the TC button located near the shift lever. If you press the button once, the traction control system will turn off and the warning light will go on. If you press and hold the button for five seconds, the Stabilitrak system and the traction control system will turn off. To turn it back on, just press the button. (page 4-10 in the owner's manual).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I was in an accident due to 'service my stability system'! The light came on and for few seconds I couldn't control the vehicle and hit a snow bank! THE CODE SOMEHOW VANISHED OFF MY CAR AT THE DEALERSHIP!!! Thankfully, I hit on star and had them run a diagnostics at the time of the incident. So I thought when the code had vanished into thin air that there wouldn't be a problem considering on star had it documented. I CALLED GM AND TOLD THEM THIS AND I WAS TOLD (HOLD ON TO YOUR SEAT FOR THIS ONE) THAT THEY NEVER HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING AND THAT ON STAR IS NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION!!!!! They put in in all of their vehicle but it is not reliable!?? I am willing to hire a lawyer! Anyone that has a 2011 SRX with any stability control problems is more than welcome to join me at no cost to you! PLEASE CONTACT ME AT meg6_1@hotmail.com IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED! IN THE SUBJECT LINE PLEASE WRITE SRX PROBLEMS! Lets stop getting pushed around by a big company that we have all paid good money for their product!