Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Problem with stability system

12345679»

Comments

• dryoungiidryoungii Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    2/26/2013: Today my 2011 SRX ( 27k miles) reduced its speed from 65 to 11 miles per hour (max) after experiencing a fault message of Stability Control Failure. The engine light was on and a message stating that the engine power was being reduced. Highway traffic was whipping by at 75 miles per hour, fortunately the roadway had a shoulder lane. The car was dropped off at the nearest dealer for repair. From reading similar blogs/forums, It sounds like the sevice dept will not find anything to fix. Nervous about using this car for any trips, unless they pinpoint and fix the problem.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,100
    Keep us posted on what you hear from your dealership, dryoungii. If we can be of any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Re: msg # 248, posted by dryoungII on Feb 27th, 2013.
    dianostic of the message center "Stability Control Warning", causing the engine power to be reduced", on my 2011 Cadillac SRX, was caused by the accelerator position sensor. in addition, the "passenger airbag off" was illuminated and the check engine light on. Vehicle was returned to owner on March 2nd. Repairs were made under the factory waranty.
    Great news, dryoungii. Thank you for the update, and we wish you many smooth miles ahead.
  • my_lawyer1my_lawyer1 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    My husband was driving my 2010 srx premium and the stabili-trak warning with a wrench light came on......called the cadi dealer and the service dept ask me first if it was staying on or did it come on and go off.....What difference does it make...it should never come on unless something is wrong right?....WOW... also said the did not have a loaner but my car was still safe to drive...you tell me this with out even looking at the problem first...that in it self is scary.....
    ....bottom line the light is staying on and we have an appointment at the dealers.....

will keep you all posted as to what transpires with this visit to the shop.
    my_lawyer1,
    We're glad to hear that you do have an appointment set up to get this checked into.

Just for some further information for you on why your dealership asked whether the light was staying on or if it was on and then off. The indicator/warning light will flash when the StabiliTrak or traction control system is working to control the vehicle on a low traction surface, but stays on if there is a problem with that system in the vehicle.

Looking forward to updates!
  • dazman63dazman63 Posts: 2
    Need help also have 04 SRX and stability system ABS and brake assist light stay on . Call GM customer service and no help, do we actually know what the solution for this problem is?? PLEASE HELP dont want to drive unsafe car
  • dazman63dazman63 Posts: 2
    :cry: My 04 SRX also has many of the same problems as the rest: The CD player acts like a cd is stuck and keeps making noise as to spit it out, The all present Stability system,ABS, brake assist light stays on , both turn signal lamps have burned out and after they are changed they burn out again!! Really GM this isnt QUALITY... :cry: :cry:
  • I have an 04 SRX that continually had the "Stability System Engaged" show on the display and finally got to a point where it would initiate the breaking system to slow the vehicle. Quite scary and dangerous when moving at 65 and it drops you to 30 in a matter of seconds. After much trial and error over a 3 month period, it ended up being a steering sensor (about $200.00 with labor). The computer kept diagnosing as a break sensor (about a $900.00 sensor + labor) which they replaced 1st. Have not had a problem (knock on wood) since they replaced the steering sensor.
  • reggie46reggie46 Posts: 1
    2011 Caddy SRX Luxury Edition, 26,000 miles and Stabiltrak light came on and brakes shaking and just started. I read forum and called the dealer and she tells me its a safety issue and cannot drive the vehicle . Can't drive ? How do I get home ? I told her I would drive it right in, about 2 miles from my office.....Nope. Can't get me in until Tues, due to Memorial Day Holiday. She recommended I don't drive. Never, ever had this problem with Lexus, Murano , Acura. I have 1 year to go on this Lease and you can be certain I will not get another Caddy. I tried an "american car" to try to be a good american", but GM hasn't changed. They still can't get it right. Hopefully, it's just an easy repair or reprogamming.
    Reggie
  • srxlashsrxlash Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Does the same procedure to turn off stability control on the 04 SRX (push and hold TC button for 5 seconds) work on the 06? I have the AWD V6.

Loved this car until during a low speed right turn the stability control ENGAGED and almost yanked me into a oncoming lane of traffic!!
    We live in Wyoming and these saftey features were a huge part or our reasoning for our purchase of the SRX
  • srxlashsrxlash Posts: 2
    STOP Check out the stability system issues I have an 06 AWD V6 and the problem is BIG...I have read post after post of owners taking their SRX in and since NO electronic code is found for the problem they STOP looking for a solution!! In my case we have reported the problem to the dealer and we get the EXACT same response "no codes found". 2 days ago on a dry sunny day the stability control tried to take over nearly dragging me into an oncoming lane!!
  • I find it strange that the reply from GM Customer Service is not being more helpful wanting the customer to keep THEM informed. Should be the other way around. If it's a computer causing this then fix the damn thing.
  • kept it for a week and added 400 miles? I would charge rental fees. Sounds like they took it for a vacation.
  • zlatezlate Posts: 1

i own a srx 06 service stability system start to show on about a month ago and speed slow down asometimes I took it to Cadillac and it will cost more than $500 to change the sensor why we should pay so much if there's obviously a recall problem? and I read many people that fixed had the problem again or worst I have to drive tomorrow to Miami (3 hrs) and I will use my sisters car cause I scare to use my cad All this is ridiculous How can we make GM to take responsibility and recall the problem ?

• dengdeng Posts: 1

Add me to the list of getting the message "Check Stability System". I own an SRX 2004 AWD V8. It has less than 80,000 miles, bought the car brand new. Total lemon, I would never buy another Cadillac, or GM. So many problems with this car, and this is the latest one.

• buhashimkbuhashimk Posts: 1

i have a 2004 model Cadillac srx.ideal rpm some time very high some time very low.i tried with changing plugs and air filter.same condition.any body can help me??

• harrisdmharrisdm Posts: 1

Add me to the list of getting the message "Check Stability System". I own an SRX 2004 V6. It has 70,000 miles. I have had the problem for about a year. It gradually went from a warning to warning and applying the brakes. Very scary. Dealer says he can't fix without a hard code. All I get is intermittent warnings. I now shut it off every time we drive it.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,013

If the intermittent occurrences are frequent enough, then the dealer can certainly drive the car with diagnostic equipment attached.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!