Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acadia check engine light

2»

Comments

• I don't know if American cars really suck b/c I just had my Acadia for 3 months and it is my first American car, so far so good. It just makes me laugh when you say you trust Nissan.

I am from China. Almost all my friends/relatives drive Japanese cars and I am so tired of it. I am also tired of Japanese cars' looking. When we were new immigrants we usually bought Japanese (used) because it is cheaper and saves gas. When I had enough money to buy new, I feel shame is I still stick with it.

Not to confuse you.... So I bought my Acadia. "My people" like the exterior but some of them do not understand why I take such a big chance on American. (one uncle even said to me, "you should not buy an American car even it is cheaper) - I won't explain, I won't hurt them, but...when I drive my new toy down in the Chinese community I feel so proud that I am different. Saving gas is not the only thing of a car, it also represents your personality. I am happy moved to this country and I am happy with owning American car.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    Good for you! It's nice to read an "international" perspective. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • misc23misc23 Posts: 22
    You should have stuck with Toyota. This Acacia will be the worst thing you have owned. You will have transmission problems. That "funny" shifting when you try to get on it will be an issue later. Also, try to replace a head light. This vehicle was designed to be taken back to the dealer for everything.
    We are having the intermittent engine light also that the dealer can not tell us what it is. After replacing the transmission ($4000), valve stem sensors ($70 each x 2), Misc Leak in engine $Covered under warranty), AC problem ($380)....I keep thinking there is nothing else to break on this vehicle, but it continues to surprise me. DO NOT BUY A GMC ACADIA!!!
    I forgot a headlight that can not be replaced by the owner. I think it was $175.
2»