Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln LS Overheating Problems

Comments

• Where is the hydraulic reservoir located?? I am having the same problem that you are describing, my car is the same year and also around the same mileage. Going to try your fix, just need to know where to look for the reservoir!! Thanks
  • I'm also having the same overheating problem. Where is the reservoir? What's it near?

Thanks,

Samsgrampa
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    It's the power steering reservoir IIRC.
  • mahaliadaimahaliadai Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    THank You all so much for the helpful info on Overheating Issues on the Licnoln Ls. I been dealing with this for a while. It was always so RANDOM! Had Thermostat replaced, was fine for several months then one day just randomly overheated again. Fine for a few weeks. Now, it overheats every first start up. Like clockwork about 7 minutes into driving it overheats. I plan my route so I can pull off and let it sit! It often gurgles and then, it is fine the rest of the day! Almost like an airlock everyday. Information has been extremely helpful, my car guy has been quite perplexed and this gives us somewhere else to start looking. My question though, is, I noticed several people also mentioned their ac blows hot air. Mine also blows super hot air straight off engine even with air off. We assumed it was the blendor and I just choose not to fix because i am poor :) I am curious what the connection is with the overheating if there is one?
  • tbug1964tbug1964 Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    I need a hydraulic cooling fan hose, that is what Ford called it. According to Ford dealer we called the manufacture of the part and Ford are fighting over the price of the part. Ford says they are charging to much so they stopped making this part. Dealer said he could put us on a waiting list but there is no telling when they would start making the part if ever for that matter.

I really need this hose, any ideas where to locate one? This hose is the pressure hose. Of course the one I need shows a price of 358.00 but no one has one.
  • I have the same problem with the hydraulic fan pressure line. My wife is heading to a place here in boise to try to get it made. Fluid connector producs.. I hope i can have it made. I cant afford 352 dollars.. I will try t o see if they can make it. I will post later if they can make it..
  • We tried several machine shops and a couple of places that do hydraulics but no one was able to make it. Please let me know if you are able to find someone.

We can't anyone with the part to order.
    Might be a good time to try switching to an electric fan if the steering is ok.
  • I spent years and alot of money working on the intermittent over heat problem. IT WAS MY RESERVOIR located in the engine compartment in under the hood in the driver side right under the windshield
  • Yup. See my earlier, detailed post on this issue
  • I have a 2000 lincoln ls. It has been overheating. Mines blows cold air but doesnt blow hot air. I had the resevoir replaced. Im currently waiting on the radiator to be replaced. Can you tell me what that problem sounds like. I see everyone else has problems with getting cold air. Mine won't blow heat.
    thanks
    Blend door not moving, bad heater core, thermostat stuck open, HVAC controller.
  • Hi Zeto I had the problem for a while Try new radiator cap and alot of those cars have a bad coolant reservoir I speny count hour and thousands of dollars at the lincoln dealer just find the problem my self by accident. I have done alot of research from other people who have had the same problem with the reservoir having a fine leak at the seam. Its located in front of the front windshield on driver side just open your hood.
  • I have had an over heating issue b4 on my 02 Lincoln ls. But talking on here I found a way to fix the issue. Change the hydraulic fan for an electric fan a 16 inch with 3000 air pullbut a 2700 air pull can work just as well. I been driving my car nonstop for a month and it hasn't overheated on me since. Im so happy now with my Lincoln. Just giving an update on my issue. Warning u may have to have an electrician rewire the fan so it works when u have the ac on. Cause I have to do it to mine but since summers over it can wait a while.
  • Yup. Not sure if it is a casting issue or a design issue, but they crack along the seam. I was lucky enough to find it on a blog before throwing money at the issue!
  • Damien there are alot of sensors on the fan does your check engine light come on . I want to go electric fan for performance reasons and lose the hydraulic pump for better of the line performance.

Thanks
    Glenn laglenn63@yahoo.com
  • Nope my check engine light never came on. There really isn't any censors for"> the fan.
  • Did you notice any performance difference and did you remove your hydraulic pump. Damien where did you get the electric fan from?

Thanks for taking your time to post
  • I put a new thermostat on my car Because it was overheating and the heater didn't blow heat so that might be a problem to.. Where is you antifreeze going cause its gotta be going somewhere?