Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Tailgate Won't Open

2»

Comments

• Last Saturday, for no obvious reason, the tailgate on my 2006 JGC Laredo will not open. Only thing that I did was a car wash.

Normally, when one activates the "unlock" mode with the keyless remote, one hears a clicking sound of the tailgate locking mechanism. Now I only hear the sounds of the front row and second row doors, either locking or unlocking. No sound from the tailgate. The tailgate handle, when pulled, moves in the normal range of motion, but does nothing.

On the inside of the tailgate, there is a plastic button, hole-cover about 1 1/2" in diameter.

Q: Is it an access cover for a door release (override?)?

Q: How does on get the door open without the keyless remote?

Thanks for your help

Keith
    2006 JGCL
  • crs4crs4 Posts: 1
    Have a 2000 JGCL and rear lock is driving me nutz. Any luck with fixing the rear gate? have the same problem and need to be able to lock/unlock the back so when out running around or at work I wont have to worry about anyone getting in through the back. The front door I can use the key to lock and such but the rear there is no key hole....found the back little opening to get to the release bar but how can I lock it? Man this is driving me crazy...lol
  • jeepmabjeepmab Posts: 1
    your a genius!!!! that worked ......... thanks
  • earns2earns2 Posts: 1
    Brilliant thanks worked 1st time I tried it, talegate now open.
2»