Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Highlander

Comments

• lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    I think maybe for 2006 it was relocated.
  • My understanding is it was relocated to the rear passenger doors for '07 -- perhaps heidigreenlaw has an '07, not an '06?
  • Did a Google on "2008 Highlander" -- a few of the hits seem to indicate it will come out in early to mid '07, so I'll re-adopt my prediction that it may indeed come out early.
  • It was moved during the '06 year to make room for the new hybrid badges. All limited models now have the limited signs on the doors.
  • Visited my local dealer in S.E. MA and was told by the sales manager that the Highlander will come out as a 2007 model for a short model run and be replaced by the next generation model in March or April. He claimed to have received this information from the regional district manager but wouldn't comment on how the Highlander will change. So let's wait and see how accurate his intel is.
  • cubssoxscubssoxs Posts: 139
    I guess we will find out how the new highlander will look like when the auto show comes to North America in early 2007. I have a feeling though we will start seeing spy photos of the 2008 highlander later this year.
  • Can anyone tell me if I can have this feature installed some how - on my last couple of cars the doors automatically locked as you either placed the car in gear or hit a certain speed, like 10 mph. I can't believe my Highlander doesn't do this and I've gotten out of the habit of locking the doors now.

Any idea how I can have this done/installed?
    I've asked this before and was told this wasn't "doable." Our 1996 Explorer had auto-locking doors as does my Camry. You gotta wonder why Toyota left this feature off the Highlander.
  • Someone on one of the other forums had it done with the use of an aftermarket alarm system. Sorry I don't remember which forum.
  • I did a google search and came up with this link - this looks like what I'm looking for!!

http://www.coastaletech.com/lock.htm
  • toyotagaltoyotagal Posts: 215
    From what I understand the 2008 Highlander will be redesigned on the Avalon Platform, growing larger.
    Please buy, install, and report back :)
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Hi, everyone. As you've probably noticed, we have been trying to refine the discussions into more narrowly focussed topics. Our objective is twofold. We want to make it easier for people seeking specific information about their vehicles to find it easily and without having to wade through hundreds or thousands of postings.

To those ends, we will be shutting down the general make/model discussions and work exclusively with specific issues. This requires us to populate the make/model subsections with relevant, interesting and timely topics. Rather than having the hosts simply create boilerplate topics for each make/model, we feel that you, the owner, the make/model enthusiast and the prospective buyer can best judge what those topics should be.

You can help by adding a discussion (it's easy!) or suggesting one here.

To add a discussion, click on the last link in the "You are here" line at the top of this page. That will take you to the topic page for this make/model. Review the list of topics and click on the "Add discussion" link when you've decided what topic you'd like to add. Follow the directions and you're done! Feel free to add more than one. Just avoid duplicating existing topics and try not to make it TOO specific!

Your help and continued participation in the Forums is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    Although I have seen posts of late indicating an early release of the 2008 Highlander on or around April 2008 a Toyota Guy disputes this. With him noting the release at or near the release date for the 2007s.

Any one heard anything new on the release dates for the 2008 Highlander?

Personally I am hesitant to buy a 2007 until I can see just what they will be doing in 2007.

The current model is past due for remodeling with it originally coming out in 2001.
  • cubssoxscubssoxs Posts: 139
    2008 Highlander (comming q2 of 2007)
    -saw the full size clay model, no engine or interior.
    -Will have a V6 with 285 HP
    -Sleek lines, looks to have a wider stance.
    -Has a hide away middle row seat between the 2nd row capatains chairs.
    This was on The Toyota Nation website which points to a spring 07 release as a 08 model. I have also heard from other sources that the 08 model will come out in spring 07. I have not though seen any photos of what the new highlander will look like.
    I keep hearing and seeing this "sleek lines" concept which has been circulating with various models vehicles.

However, what I oftne end up seeing is a more rounded vehicle with less rear visibility.

I am not into "round" vehicles. Perhaps I am just old school?
    Please go to the group top level and create a discussion that fits your comments/questions or post in an existing discussion.

Toyota Highlander
    Enjoy!

tidester, host
  • tomdtomd Posts: 87
    The specs. on front leg room indicate that the hybrid has over 2 inches more leg room than the non-hybrid. Why would this be? I sat in a hybrid at a show and the leg room felt fine. Is the difference really noticable in the non-hybrid? I am 5'10" tall.
  • The Specs are different for front leg room? Where did you read that?

Consumer Reports shows identical front leg room, 41"

I myself am 5'9" and with long legs and had no trouble with leg room in test driving the non-hybrid 07 Toyota Highlander more than once.

In fact I believe there is plenty of leg room for a 6 footer. JMO