Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Vue Electrical Problems

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,081
    tamara3,
    Thank you for your service in the military. I show there is an open Customer Satisfaction Program for your vehicle. I would recommend speaking with the dealer to have this taken care of. Have you spoke with Customer Assistance about your concerns? If not I would recommend opening up a case with GM Customer Assistance. I would be more than happy to assist you in doing so. Please feel free to email me. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I have attempted 10 times to get thru on your GM customer service website but I keep getting an error HTTP. What open customer service ticket are you refering to? Please advise how to contact.

The dealership I am working it is not Affilated with GM.

Please advise?
  • yes please assist this issue. I have tried to find this Customer Satisfaction Program and can not.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,598
    Click on gmcustsvc membername for their e-mail address..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• We have been having a problem with our Vue for about a year. 2 mechanics and our local GM dealer have been unable to diagnose. We have replaced the Fuel filter, ignition (it has been rekeyed), crank sensor, cam sensor, rear coil bank, plugs and plug wires, and the ignition control module. The car dies without warning while driving, at any speed. No sputtering, just dies, while still rolling you can put car in neutral and restart it, might take 2 or 3 tries. The service engine light does come on, flashes at times. It has given signal to the Body Control Module and the PCM(?)...but the GM dealer said neigther of those was the problem. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hello, I am hoping someone can help me. I financed an used 2003 Saturn Vue from a dealer in March 2011, after about three months I started to hear loud noises, the car just reached 100,000 miles so I had to fix the alternator, and both bearings on the left side. I still hear the loud noises and the Service Engine light keeps coming on. Well after discovering this website, I called the GM dealer and they told me that the transmission was recalled and it was covered for only 75,000 miles. Well, my question is, if the dealer took responsiblity of this car, is it their legal responsiblity to fix the transmission? My mechanic did a test to the car and stated that the loud noise is coming from the E-vap emission and the transmission. Please help. I do not waqnt to get stuck paying about $2,000 for a new transmission on a car I am still financing.
  • Wow, this sounds crazy, but my 2002 Vue just started doing some crazy things that, from what I read, is without a doubt a body control module issue (bcm). It first started a week ago, when I noticed my ebrake light was lit on my dash. A few days later came the seatbelt light along with the brake light. These would flash intermittently then stop. The next day I added to the mix my ignition/seatbelt chime (the one that rings when you first turn on the car) started to sound like someone was choking it to death. The next day I noticed my dash speedometer and rpm gauge going up and down, gas gauge goes flat, service light flashing. Now, today......power steering went in and out along with the other dash light, guage and chime issues. Funny thing is that the bcm had a recall when I first bought it in 2002/2003. They replaced it and right after I got the car back my gas mileage went from an amazing 42 per gallon to about 30 in the city. I Am still pretty peeved. BCM replacement is about 550 in Colorado. Why can't I find a more inexpensive route. Why doesn't GM acknowledge this and recall this part?
  • mia09mia09 Posts: 4
    I am really concerned now with all of the postings that I am reading that are similar to mine experience. I have 2009 Saturn Vue that I bought just 1 year ago. After purchasing the car I saw the lights flicker inside of the car a couple of times, but not consistently or for long periods of time. It is so quick you could miss it. A couple of months ago my all of the gauge signals lit up in my car and I slowly lost power. First, my lights were flickering, then the radio and signal and brake lights went out. It was a really safety issue. I had my daughter in the on my way to taking her to school. I was terrified that someone would run into the back of us because I had no break lights or signals working. Once I made it safely to her school, I immediately called the dealer that I purchased the car from. I took it in. They determined it was the battery and charge me $210 to replace the battery and the connecting cables.

Flash forward to now. I recently saw my interior lights flicker a couple of times briefly recently. Again, it was fast and barely noticeable. My vehicle is now parked in my garage. I drove it into my garage and parked with no indication of a problem. Now it won't start. I tried to jump it, but nothing is working. The lights, radio and gauge signals will come on with the jumper cables attached, but the engine will not come on. With the jumper cables all of the dashboard readings turn off, signaling everything is fine, except for the engine symbol. Given that I have just purchased a brand new battery I am getting really frustrated. It is right before Christmas, my husband is deployed in Afghanistan so I cannot afford to invest money into a 2009 car. We bought the car so that he could be assured that we wouldn't have car problems while he was away.

I really love the car when it is working. But, now I am worried that I am going to have to eventually get rid of it so that I can drive my children and myself around safely. First thing tomorrow morning I am calling for the roadside assistance to take it to the nearest certified dealership that works on Saturns. However, given the numerous complaints about the electrical system I will also be seeking to find out what my rights are legally and will research what avenues to take to make sure that my car is properly fixed. Some have commented about class action suits. I hope that I can get help before I have to go to that measure. The battery should not be dead after a couple of months. Something is definitely wrong.
    edited November 2011
    With all of the people describing the same problem with the Body Control Module is GM planning on paying to replace this part? I don't have $800 right before Christmas to pour into this car after replacing the battery 2 months ago. I have a 2009 Saturn Vue.
  • tlt68tlt68 Posts: 3
    About 3 years ago I was having a problem with my car--the spedometer would drop to zero while I was driving, most of the dashboard lights would come on an stay on, the steering wheel would get tight while I was driving making it hard to turn. One day my car wouldn't start. The dealership told me after 3 days of having the car that "an animal chewed my wires". I didn't bellieve it because the car worked in the morning, and only after about 4 hours it wouldn't start. When I finally got the car back I started having issues with the dashboard. After about 6 months of being in the shop, they finally came to the conclusion it was the Body Control Module. Luckily this was right before my warranty was up.

I honestly think there should have been a major recall on these cars. It's dangerous. I thought I was the only one having these types of problems, but after reading these post I can see it's an even bigger problem. No wonder Saturn isn't in business anymore.
  • jmichellejmichelle Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Wow... I can't believe they are not issuing a recall. There is not need to go over what is wrong with my 2009 Saturn Vue XR, you have all done a great job listing the issues in your posts. Electrical meltdowns... Really saddened by all of this! I would like to know what can be done about this. Clearly this part is defective.
    jmichelle,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with your dealer of choice? Have you spoke with Customer Assistance? Please feel free to email me with a description of your concerns, complete contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer. I would be happy to look into this further for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I am updating my previous post. This morning my car was towed to a GM approved service center for my Saturn Vue. The car is still dead. They removed the battery (only 2 months old) and charged it outside of the car. The battery was able to hold a charge. Initially the service technition thought something had happened to the car or the battery was causing the problem. He now thinks the car is drawing on or draining the battery because of some malfunction in the car. He asked to keep it overnight to better assess what is going on. My mom is coming for Thanksgiving and I don't have a car to pick her up in. This is really frustrating. I called the GM Corp. Customer Service Center and filed a formal complaint. I was given a service number. When I inquired about what I can do with that number they said they would have to investigate first. Wish me luck that something positive comes of the diagnostic testing going on at the service center. :sick:
  • hello, my auto did exactly the same thing today and this is the 2nd time this has happened. my husband put a small charger on the battery for half hour and it started right up and appears to be okay. what is happening? just read mia09 post and wonder who else has had this problem?
    After reading all of the postings I am convinced that it is the Body Control Module. I just wish they would be done with this and just recall the cars or the part. It is embarrassing to have taken a risk to buy a car from a company that is no longer producing cars and have it turn out this way. I have a lot of regret. I enjoyed my car for a while, but now I am very disappointed. I am not sure I will ever buy an American car again based on this experience. I would encourage you to report this to the GM Customer Service Department. No one wants to live driving in fear because you think your car is going to fail out of the blue. :cry:
  • Mia09,

I see you are currently working with Customer Service on this. Looking forward to an update on how this progresses for you.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Wow, ok I thought it was me I purchase my 2008 saturn vue back on July 2009. Every since I left Saturn of Mesquite I have had issues with this truck from the check engine light coming on, the tracking light, gas light staying on, my blinker didn't work and them breaking the lash to my hood. I would run to them so much I just got tried. Now today I tried backing up in my garage and I have no power this is no cool and I want to know what do they plan on doing about it. They lied and said the car was never wreck and it was. It probably wasn't reported but you could look at the paint job and tell. Could any one give me any suggestions on what to do? :sick:
  • Wow, ok I thought it was me I purchase my 2008 saturn vue back on July 2009. Every since I left Saturn of Mesquite I have had issues with this truck from the check engine light coming on, the tracking light, gas light staying on, my blinker didn't work and them breaking the lash to my hood. I would run to them so much I just got tried. Now today I tried backing up in my garage and I have no power this is no cool and I want to know what do they plan on doing about it. They lied and said the car was never wreck and it was. It probably wasn't reported but you could look at the paint job and tell. Could any one give me any suggestions on what to do? How can a company just do this to people?
  • Madison06,

Will you please email us more information (including your name/username and the last 8 of your VIN)?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I just email you let me know if there is anything else you need. I just can't believe I am going through this when there were signs back when I purchased this truck and no one helped me.
  • I've just installed a new radio in my 2005 Saturn VUE. The radio powered on and seemed to work fine after install. I put the console back together and tried to start the car. The engine would not turn over and a clicking noise was all that happened. All the other electric seems to work such as power windows, locks, and lights.

The vehicle is a 4 cylinder standard. I think there may be an issue recognizing the clucth is in or the vehicle is in neutral. I tried to disconnect the battery to see if it was a computer issue that could be reset but that did not work. The fuses seem fine as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Car acts like battery is dead but just put a jumper on it and it starts right off. had battery load tested at pep boy and all ok.when the car wouldn't start you can check the car clock and its got the wrong time. the next time you start the car the clock has the correct time without resetting it.
    This has happened several times. After driving the car, shutting it off and trying to start again sometimes it starts and sometimes not. had the error code checked and no code showed up. pulled several of the main fuses to see if there was a drain no luck. Checking the battery voltage when it wouldn't start and it is about 10.5v. When the car starts normally and you drive it you never know if it will start even after being shut off for only five minutes. (too short of time to drain the battery) Could this be caused by the BCM and can a dealer actually pinpoint the cause if it is the BCM? all ideas welcome. Car is 2008 vue with 17100 miles on it
  • I'm sorry to hear about this frustrating concern with your Vue. If you were to bring your vehicle into the dealership and voice your concern about the BCM, they should look into that particular component as they do their diagnosis. Should you decide to visit your dealership, please let us know.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Started to drive my Vue to the store about 2 months ago and the blinkers went out and all the lights on the control panel started to light up. Pulled over to the side of the road and turned off the car and started it again and everything work fine for the rest of the day. About two days later the same thing happened only this time when I restarted it the right blinker quick flashed like the bulb had gone out. I replaced the right rear bulb and it worked but most of the lights came on dimly, not bright and the car started running rough like it was running on three cylinders. I was about three blocks from home so I limped it home. About 4 hours later, I went out to check it out and it started up fine. Drove it about 50 feet down the street and it did the same thing. I took it back to the house and parked it. Due medical issues with my son, I had to use his truck to get him back and forth to the doctor each day. My son-in-law who is a mechanic, came over on Thanksgiving and we replaced the spark plugs thinking it was a bad plug. I started it the car up and it idled higher than it normally did but settled after about 2 minutes of warming it up. Same thing happened again as before, blinker and running rough.
    I went down to the Chevy dealer( former Saturn dealer) and talked to service writer and he stated that it was most likely the on board computer box as did two others that were standing there and listening. He told me it would be $155 to check it out $400 for the part and $165 to program it plus tax. I told him I had never had a problem with the Vue since I purchased it new and only had about 86,000 miles on it. He said "It's 7 years old what do you expect". That kind of ticked me off because I had bought 4 Saturns, 2 new and 2 used, and a used S-10 pickup from them when they were a Saturn dealer.

I came home and looked up for a cause that we may have been able to fix and ran across this tread and than realized I was not the only one having the same problem.

Right now I have a Vue sitting in my driveway that I can't use and another 2008 that my wife drives that I'm worried that may end up doing the same thing. Do to the cancer that my son is being treated for, we can't afford to get it fixed. This seems, according to this blog, to be a major problem.
  • I am sorry that this situation is so difficult. I understand that your son is facing some medical issues, and to add in a vehicle concern is no doubt stressful.

If we can follow up with the dealership on your behalf, we would be happy to do so. We would get a Customer Assistance case established, as well. Please send us an email message with the following information: your name/username, contact information (phone and address), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your current dealership and a description of any visits you have made there (including the one mentioned in this post) for this concern.

We look forward to your response,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • WE ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. NO TURN SIGNALS, NO TACHOMETER, NO FUEL READING, AND LOTS OF INDICATORS ON DASH, SUCH AS THE BRAKE LIGHT WARNING LIGHT (IT'S NOT ON), SO OFF TO THE CHEVY DEALER WHO WILL SOAK US FOR THE REPAIR! I THINK THIS IS A RECALL PROBLEM AFTER I HAVE READ ALL THE COMMENTS ON THIS PAGE! NO MORE GM, BACK TO FORDS!! WE BOUGHT THIS BECAUSE IT WAS AN AMERICAN MADE CAR..THAT WHAT WE GET.
    nancy58,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Have you spoke with GM Customer Assistance? Can you please email me with your VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I look forward to hearing from you! Happy Holidays!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • MILEAGE IS APPROXIMATELY 56000 AND WILL BE TAKING IT TO GEORGE NAHAS CHEVROLET IN WILDWOOD FL. WOULD RATHER NOT POST MY VIN # ON THIS PAGE, BUT SEND ME AN EMAIL THAT I CAN REPLY TO, AND I'LL GLADLY SEND IT. I CHATTED WITH GM YESTERDAY WITH NO SATISFACTION.
  • Good morning,

Please use the email address provided under our Edmunds.com profile (either gmcustsvc or gmcustsvcsarah -- both will be received by us).

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • My car just keeps dying. I took it to a mechanic and he ran a diagnostic on the electrical system but could not pinpoint the problem. He recharged my battery but it was dead again within three days. I bought a 5 volt solar panel to help charge the battery, but this has been ineffective.
    I took my car to a Chevrolet service center once before and will never go back there again. I don't know what to do or where to go to fix my vehicle. It's practically new with less than 22,000 miles on it and its worthless to me as I can't drive it. Please help!!