Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Vue Electrical Problems

Comments

• pocoman54pocoman54 Posts: 4
    I sent an email with VIN to gmcustsvc (socialmedia@gm.com) with the VIN and some other info yesterday. The vehicle is in the shop again today and they were able to give me a loaner vehicle.

Thanks

Dan
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    Dan,

I wanted to let you know we did receive your email. I will be setting up your case today and will email you directly with the case number.

Thank you and have a great day!
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • pocoman54pocoman54 Posts: 4
    After being in the shop from 5/31, having the BCM replaced, dealer drove the vehicle for 250 miles, it again failed (6/4), for the dealer/repair shop, as I was on my way to pick it up.

Back to the drawing board.
  • Last week, on wednesday, while driving home from work the interior lights came on for no reason. They went off but came back on again. I also heard what sounded like the power door locks locking. I tried unlocking and locking the doors again but then the driver side door would not stay locked unless I manually locked it. When I go home an hour later the interior lights did not go out. When I went out the next morning the lights were out. When I started the car and put it in reverse or neutral or drive the doors did not lock. Friday morning I had a dead battery. Got a jump start and had the battery replaced. All was ok then. On Saturday the same thing happened again. I am afraid to go anywhere with it. This is my third Saturn. I had an '94 SC2 and currently have an '01 SC2 with 200,000 miles on it. My VUE has about 88,000 miles. Any ideas? I really don't want to put a lot of money into it.
  • allyb2allyb2 Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2008 Vue. The cruise control is erratic...I had it set at 65, on a flat highway, and it went from 2rpms up to 3-4, and 75 mph. it would stay there for a few seconds, then go back down to 65. This happened once on the way to my friends house (approx 35 minutes away) and FOUR times on the way home. It also happened once on my way to work last week. At first I thought maybe it could sense that I was passing someone and was giving a little extra to pass the car, but when it happened the most was when I was pretty much by myself on the road. I'm afraid I'm going to rear end someone. Has this happened to anyone else? I've only had this a week!
  • laglenn98laglenn98 Posts: 5
    Same car, same year, same problem. I've had it since it was new. Had it in about 5 times while it was still under warranty. They never could fix it. Got the total run around about it. They called down to "Tennessee" at the Saturn dealer....couldn't figure it out either. Mine mostly happens when it is cold outside. The interior lights and locks start flickering on and off out of control. My husband gets so mad driving home from his job in the dark, with the lights in the car going on and off. Sorry it is happening to you too. That was the reason I originally logged onto this site many years ago. VERY frustrating.
  • Thanks for your reply. I am also the original owner. My problem is that when I get home and put it in the garage the lights don't go off when I turn off the engine. I can turn off the dome and rear light using the switch but the map lights stay on. It was fine all winter. Getting close to trading it in now.
    allyb2,

Were you planning on taking the vehicle into your local dealership to be diagnosed? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    laglenn98,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance, have you been in contact with GM Customer Assistance?

Thank you,
  • allyb2allyb2 Posts: 2
    I haven't taken it in to the dealership yet. I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem so I could tell the mechanics...they only recently started selling/services saturns. If it continues, I'll probably take it in soon.
    allyb2,

I understand. Please keep me posted when you have taken the vehicle into your dealership.

Thank you,
  • dyahoodyahoo Posts: 1
    In case it helps someone.....
    My 2008 Saturn Vue has 130K miles and needed a battery last Saturday. Last crank happened to be at Auto Zone. They put a new one in (said I had to also purchase these little pads things and packet of lubricant for posts - 'Auto Zone battery protocol').
    Thru the week lights have been flashing and car seems to lose power while on the highway.
    Car wouldn't crank (no lights no power no nothing) - then it would crank.
    Onstar diagnostic was not helpful (gave me a different answer each time depending on which light happened to be on at the time I hit the blue button.
    I took Vue in where I purchased it (no longer a Saturn place) they tightened some cables but no longer had a computer to perform diagnostic. They said it sounded like a body control module issue.
    The place I took it next wiped all the lubricant off battery and removed the little pad things and now car works fine! ! !
    Auto Zone's $184 battery protocol cost me a rental car, an hour of labor and a week's worth of anxiety plus lost time from work. (They said it had never happened before....)

But thankfully - the electrical issues were not car related they were battery related.
  • cr15tycr15ty Posts: 2
    I just bought my 09 Vue in March, and it has been in the shop twice with blinking lights and alarm bells going off. It is dead now. Did you get yours fixed, or what happened to it? Did GM come up with a solution? I would really like to fix this pain in my bum!
    cr15ty,
    I apologize for your concerns. Has your dealer involved technical assistance? Please keep me updated on your situation.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • dad1311dad1311 Posts: 1
    i just started having the same problem, did you find out the problem
  • goferrisgoferris Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    I have a 2009 Saturn Vue (purchased new from dealership and I am original owner). I treat it well and it's stored in a cooled and covered garage. No battery issues ever before. Yesterday, the battery died (Yes, I got stranded because my car wouldn't start!). I was able to charge it all night and this morning it barely turned. It doesn't charge when I drove it to the dealership (barely made it there!). Now, the dealer says the battery was deffective, but they won't cover replacement even though the battery is only 2.5 years old and I'm still within the 36 months of my warranty. Has anyone else had this problem? Seems like a piece of crap to have a dead battery (that won't be replaced under warranty) already. A dead battery within less than 3 years? What has anyone done? I'm ready to sell the car--I can't drive it now anyway!
  • bbbuffbbbuff Posts: 1
    Yesterday, smoke from the sunroof area started coming in the vehicle. My wife was about 40miles from home taking a summer class and had to call campus police and the local fire department in case of fire. Luckily, the car did not catch on fire and there is no visible damage. We did take the vehicle to the local Chevy dealer and they are looking into the issue. We are waiting on their response. Before the horrendous smell and smoke started, the dome lights and visor lights were flickering and the area around windshield and visor was extremely hot, as well as around the dome area. My guess is there is a major electrical problem and the smoke could only get out through a small opening by the sunroof. The insurance will not say if they will cover repairs due to it might be classified as 'wear and tear.' This is definitely NOT 'wear and tear' as this car is only 2.5 years old and we bought it brand new. Is this a common problem? Has this occurred in any other Saturn Vue 2009? This is a true fire danger as the car could've caught on fire, and most importantly it could've injured my wife!
  • cwinter82cwinter82 Posts: 2
    I was driving when all of a sudden my radio shut off, the lights all went out on the dash, none of the gauges worked and power steering went. My initial diagnosis would have been the bcm or possibly a bad ground. I took it into a local gm dealer. They let me know it was NOT the bcm or any bad grounds but a short in the system. It has been a few days and they cannot trace the problem and I am starting to get worried that there is no light at the end of this tunnel or if there is that they are going to charge me way to much for a car that is 8 years old. I don't have a sunroof like many users have had on here when dealing with an electrical issue. Any help from gm service would greatly appreciated.
  • cwinter82cwinter82 Posts: 2
    I just got a call from the dealership. They found the issue. There was a wire that burnt through in the firewall and shorted out against the frame. They were very understanding and are only charging me less than $300 even though they spent a good 15-20 hours on it trying to trace the short.
  • lmc8lmc8 Posts: 1
    This is exactly what happened to me today on my 2008 Vue. Did you get it resolved? Was it the battery or did it end up being a starter relay, or even something else? Roadside assistance told me today it was the battery after they gave me a jump, but 2 hours later it would not start again. The power is all screwed up - the lights will come on (dim) one time, off the next, the dash board lights the same thing. Makes a clicking sound as well when I turn the key. This car has been this way from the start. I'm ready to sell as well, which is a real bummer. This is my 4th Saturn, and the first 3 were fabulous. This one, not so much.