Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Explorer Door and Body Questions

Comments

• hey i have a 1995 explorer controltrack 4x4 i have the same problem it came with one key it will fit in the back door lock but will not turn it let me know what you find out please
  • Thanks, I am going to try this. I have a '98 EB and the same thing happened, but to the front passenger side door. By lock cylinder, I am assuming you mean where the key goes in, the cylinder on the outside.

My husband is using the car today, so I am going to try it when he gets home.
  • I also have the same problem with my 2006 Ford Explorer. Is this normal???
  • coach8coach8 Posts: 3
    I need to remove the trim on the back hatch door. How difficult is it to get the trim off? Does it pry off ? Is it easy to break ?
  • coach8coach8 Posts: 3
    Any help on trim removal would be a help...as I never did it before.....
  • allyballyb Posts: 1
    My hatchback wouldn't open a couple of times before and now won't open at all,although the window still will. When I squeeze the handle, nothing....Any suggestions on how I could fix it myself or find a schematic of the interior workings so I could figure it out? Anyone else have this problem?
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    This happened to us once on our 04 Mountaineer - turned out to be something that had spilled in the back, and stuck the door to the seal so tightly, they had to kick it open from the inside. The dealer paid to clean it out, very nice of them, since it wasn't their fault.
  • pddws5pddws5 Posts: 1
    Unfortunately that piece is glued onto the glass. If it cracked like mine just did, contact your dealer because they have been aware of the problem since '04. There is a safety bulletin out about it so they should fix it.
  • I am having the same problem. I have brought it in 4 times and they still cannot fix it.
  • I have a 92 Explorer with a moonroof. The moonroof is stuck in the open position and the switch is gone(bought it this way). Is there anyway to manually close this? the wiring that is hanging down from the roof where the switch was has no hot wires. I would like to get it working, but closing it is top priority for now.
    thanks for any help.
  • I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD with 120K miles. I'm hearing air in the front of my vehicle when I hit 45 miles and up. It sounds like the window is partially down. I put in a new windshield and I still hear the air. Seals around the doors look good. But it appears to be coming from the driver side. Any suggestions?
  • I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4 WD. When I reach 65-70 MPH there is a slight humming sound and vibration when I coast or accellerate. I have rotated tires and even bought new front tires. It appears to be coming from the front right side of the vehicle. It vibrates the whole truck. Not that bad but it is noticeable. I don't know if its the wheel bearing, rotors needing to be turned or what? If someone has experienced this pls tell me the resolution! It doesn't need an alignment.
  • I have a 2002 early model explorer. V8, 4x4;
    My drivers door, door lock switch, will not activate the locks only if then key isn't in and turned on. When the key is turned the door lock works in the drivers door. The passenger and lift gate swith works all the time. The key pad doesn't work when I press 7/8, 9/0 to lock the doors. When I use the remote everything works. When I press the lock twice the horn sounds twice. At different times the alarm will sound after unlocking with the remote or the keypad and opening the door.
  • I have a problem with my fan It will go into high mode when I am driving but the auto switch is not engaged. I have noticed when I hit bumps in the road it sometimes goes on to high setting, also if I close the passenger door it will also go to high.
    The message center sometimes flashes on and off, the direction now is showing SW most of the time.
    I have recently had a new alternator and battery changed, at that time my remote key door opener stopped working and the door open switch to the driver side does not work.( I had it put on the passenger side to check the swith and it does work on that side.)
    I also get a lot of static on my radio more times than not.
    Can anyone offer any suggestions?
  • I have a 98 Explorer and the drivers door latch broke last night and the lock is stuck in the open position. I can't get the latch unstuck and the door won't shut. Please help.
  • I had the same problem. new rotor come with racer already installed, push out the racer and install the the racer that came with the new bearing.... and dont forget to torque the center nut that hold the rotor onto the spindle.
  • can someone send me how to enter new numbers in my key pad
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,936
    Your manual should tell you how to change the keypad numbers. If you don't have a manual, you can download one from Ford.

Ford Owner Manuals

The factory code is on a card in your owner's manual. If you don't know your factory code (needed to enter a new code), sometimes you can find the code on a sticker on the computer module somewhere under the dash or behind the radio/cd. The dealer can find the code with their scan tool, but that'll cost you.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• thanks guys yea i dont have a manual
  • fordo4fordo4 Posts: 1
    Hi- I am having the same exact problem with my '02 XLT- did anyone ever solve the problem. I just had it in to the dealer and they think it is a wiring short, but I don't think that is the case, especially when I read someone with the exact same problem as mine.
This discussion has been closed.