Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• luv2nou2luv2nou2 Posts: 1
    We just leased a GT AWD with Navigation/towing/bose audio and homelink rearview mirrow (msrp $39310) with 15,000 miles/year for $478.12 per month for 39 months. We traded in our 2005 Chrysler 300C (hemi) and had about $4000 equity in to throw our lease price down to $35000 and change. We thought we got a good deal? Anyone else have better luck?

This was with no money out of our pocket at lease signing. Also our security deposit and first month's payment was included in the agreement. Our dealership did not break our numbers down with us, so we were curious to see if we really did make a good deal?
  • Do the residuals/MF vary by the region you are in?
  • amcdadamcdad Posts: 61
    They can, but the numbers I was quoted in CT seem consistent with what others in other states have posted. I suspect it is a national program...maybe this board's Host can help?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi jrldrive. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00137 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, suomi8. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00088 and 62%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but its residual value would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Maria. The selling price that you were quoted for the CX-9 that you are interested in looks very attractive to me. The only problem that I have with this deal is the large down payment that you are being asked to make. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they are interested in without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. Those who make one risk losing it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello matthewjohns. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for the CX-9 that you are interested in are right in line with Mazda Credit's current lease program for it. So there is no money factor mark up going on in your deal. This truck's selling price is very good as well (it's nice to be able to purchase through the S-Plan isn't it :) ). This looks like a good deal to me. If you like the truck, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings wishman68. $175 over dealer invoice is a very good price for a 2007 Mazda CX-9. Furthermore, the money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right in line with Mazda Credit's current lease program for this model. This is about as good as it is going to get on a CX-9 right now. If you like it, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey smartshopper9. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Mazda CX-9 GT FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00088 and 59%, respectively. Good luck in your negotiations and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new CX-9, amcdad. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi luv2nou2. You never mentioned the selling price of the CX-9 that you leased. This number will be very helpful when evaluating your deal. If you let me know what it is, I will be happy to give you my opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No, matthewjohns, I don't believe that Mazda's lease money factors and residual values vary by region.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Just leased a CX-9 Touring with sunroof, roof rack and wheel locks from a dealer in Atlanta. Here are the original lease numbers that they quoted me for 39 months/12,000 miles:

GRS CAP COST $32,715.00
    CAP REDUCTN $968.46
    ---------------
    NET CAP COST $31,746.54

ADJ RESIDUAL $18,262.80
    TOT TERM DEP $13,483.74
    MONTHLY DEP $345.74
    MO LEASE CHG $118.52
    ---------------
    BASE PAYMENT $464.26
    MONTHLY TAX $32.50
    ---------------
    TOT MO PYMT $496.76

1ST PAYMENT $496.76
    CAP RED $968.46
    SLS TAX UPFNT $95.79
    1ST YR FEES $39.00
    SEC DEPOSIT $0.00
    OTHER UPFNT $399.99
    -----------------------
    TOT INIT PMT $2,000.00

DUE ON DELIV $2,000.00

This was based on a negotiated sale price of $32,170 ($1700 off of MSRP) and a MF of .00237. The GRS CAP COST includes a $595 lease aquisition fee, the dealership charges a $399 fee as well.

Once they pulled my credit, the money factor went down to .00187 which dropped the payment to $469 per month. I then asked them to give me 15K miles for that price and they agreed.

I feel like this was a pretty good deal and the vehicle is great! Hope this helps...
  • sq71sq71 Posts: 1
    Car_Man

The .00088 MF and 62% Residual quoted above for the GT AWD is listed as 39 month, but isn't that the 27 month program? Just want to be clear so I know what I should be looking for when I purchase.

The numbers I have been quoted by a local dealer her in the Philly area are as follows:

27 Mth
    MF .00118
    15k - 63% (S Model) and 62% (GT model)
    12k - 65% (S) and 63% (GT)

39 Mth
    MF .00187
    15k - 54% (S Model) and 53% (GT model)
    12k - 56% (S) and 55% (GT)

- I know these numbers are pretty good, but they are a little higher than those quoted by CarMan. Is this a simple case of a dealer / bank bumping them up? What are the right numbers?

- Another question: In doing the math, it seems as if it is a bad deal to purchase the 15k miles instead of the 12k because it works out to be about 22 cents per mile. Assuming this to be true, wouldn't I be better of going with the higher residual / lower payment and pay the excess miles at the end for 15 or 20 cents per mile?

Thanks in advance for your insight.
  • This is a great forum and led me to test drive a 2007 CX-9 AWD Sport. It's a little more of a family vehicle than a single woman needs but there are plenty of things that compel me to give it serious consideration as my next vehicle. I was hoping you could give me feedback: 1) how does the following lease deal sound; and 2) is using my "S Plan" benefit better than trying to negotiate the price without it?

Assuming no cash down, here's the deal:
    RG-SP/39 months
    Original MSRP: 33,490
    Base Invoice: 31,158
    Acq Fee: 595.
    Gross/Net Cap Cost: 31,753
    Resid %(Book): 54%
    Resid % (net): 52%
    Reside $(net): 17,415
    money/buy factors: .00137
    Doc Fee: 50
    Title Fee: 22.50
    REg Fee: 36
    Lien Fee/PA Tire Tax: 5.00 each
    Online Regis: 28.70
    Allowable Miles: 18000
    cents per mile start: .15
    security deposit: 475 (this will be waived)
    initial payment: 1,096.36
    Monthly use tax: 39.15
    monthly use tax %: 9
    Monthly payment: $474.16

Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • sssfegysssfegy Posts: 132
    S-plan should be invoice, you can not buy it for less, money factor is at buy rate..they should not charge you a Doc. Fee though, being $50 I would move on, a very upfront deal.Good luck and enjoy they are awesome.
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    they should not charge you a Doc. Fee

fyi....mazda dealers may charge doc fees on S-plan sales.
  • chop2chop2 Posts: 3
    CAR-MAN
    A Philly dealer quoted me this price for a GT AWD CX-9
    They said 299.00 under dealer invoice.It has NAV/SIRUS/
    MOONROOF-BOSE/REMOTE START.Charging me $1,095.00 for remote start and sirus.Please let me know how good a deal this is.
    Can I do better????.

$2000.00- DOWN DRIVE AWAY
    15,000 MILES-39 MONTHS
    $ 36,948.00 total without tax
    MF- .00137
    RESID-53%
    monthly pay- $548.05
  • I gave them the go ahead to call another dealership and bring in the one I wanted to buy. I had to sign something to commit. Now I see that chop2's deal was $299. below invoice. Despite the S-plan, should I have tried to negotiate below as well?
  • amcdadamcdad Posts: 61
    jumpnugly- For $7 a month savings ($300 over 39 months), I wouldn't worry- you should just enjoy your new ride. S-Plan is better than what most people are getting. Just go to one less movie a month. :-)
  • chop2chop2 Posts: 3
    This deal was for cars in their inventory only.
  • tlynnr2tlynnr2 Posts: 1
    How's this look for a GT at Hixson Autoplex in Alexandria, LA?

MSRP: 33270
    Negotiated Purchase Price: 31200
    MF: .00137
    Residual @12k miles: 52%; @15k miles: 50%
    Monthly Payment @12k miles: $483; @15k miles: $500
    Cash on signing: firt month's payment
  • Anyone know anything about a $1k rebate on the CX-9? Does that include leases?
    I got a quote from a dealer for invoice with the normal money factor and residual that has been posted here. Just wondering if I can get it even cheaper. Thanks.
  • steve138steve138 Posts: 7
    I am in South Florida. My wife just got offerred a FWD Touring w/ sunroof. leather, Bose, heated seats....39 month/15K list is $33985. They would "sell" it for $31,800 with a .00137 MF and 54% residual. No money down.

How much should this come to? Is it a fair deal?

Thanks
  • steve - MF and residual look about right. Selling price is $2k below sticker which is not bad. I got a quote for invoice pricing but that's an AWD model and I'm in Wis. not Florida so I don't know how demand is down there.
  • steve138steve138 Posts: 7
    What is this S-plan people are referring to?
  • pesl68pesl68 Posts: 1
    Please tell me (esp. car-man) this is a good deal or not?

CX-9 Touring with rear entertainment,
    MSRP: 34530
    Negotiated price: 31795=invoice
    27 months
    15000 miles annually
    3500 total drive away
    Monthly payment: $349(Tax included)

Regards
  • steevosteevo Posts: 339
    Car_Man..do you have the April MF and Residuals for 15,000 per year? 36 and 24.
    Thanks!
  • wfk21wfk21 Posts: 8
    Here is the deal I signed on 3/21/07 at John Scanlon Mazda in Fort Myers, FL (125 miles south of Tampa);

CX-9 Grand Touring with NAV and RSES/Bose
    MSRP: $37,930
    S-Plan Price: $34,615
    39 months
    LF: .00230
    15,000 miles annually
    $0 out of pocket, they paid the 1st months payment, plus $188 in misc fees.
    Monthly payment: $521 (includes tax)

I waited over a month for the Liquid Platinum Metallic/Sand Interior combo to arrive to port and then finally be delivered. They made me hold the vehicle with a $500 deposit. They did try to get me to throw the $500 towards the vehicle but I said NO and they promptly refunded my money.

At lease signing they had thrown into the deal a tire/wheel guarantee for $299 that covers the vehicle for 3-years.

One mistake I made was not to ask for the original proposal in writing (and I'm a banker) because when I went in the day before the vehicle was to arrive to run through the numbers again the sales manager didn't remember our exact discussion, but we worked through it.

My Progressive auto policy increased about $120/year going from a 2003 Mazda 6 to the 2007 CX-9.

So far, the CX-9 has exceeded all expectations. The LCD screen on the DVD player did not work and the dealer has ordered me a whole new RSES to replace it with.

Gas mileage seems a little harsh but its most likely because I'm working through the first few hundred miles.

Hope this helps

Regards
  • Am currently waiting on delivery of a galaxy gray Mazda CX 9 touring with Bose stereo/6 CD & moonroof, black leather. Apparently need to get local dealers to "trade" as they are so new and none are available at this dealership in this color combo. Quoted for $402/month/12,500miles, including $3000.00 down as well as payng off Mountaineer and still making another $3000.00 I walk away with. Does the monthly sound right? Never leased before...
This discussion has been closed.