Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,403
    The mazda deal is pretty good. The residuals are poor but the money factor is great. Mazda web site is advertising 42 month leases which i don't like. 36 is plenty and keeps you in warranty though the payment is higher. The post I commented on had everything but the cap cost. Found the best price and filled in the blank to figure the lease. Didn't see any 2k down.
  • mtnjmtnj Posts: 12
    Well, the 2K down is not to make the car cheaper, it is to cover required fees and taxes. i.e - bank fee/MV fees/1st months payment and taxes. i assume if i didnt pay upfront it would be rolled into payment, no? Let em know if that seems right! Thank you.
  • Jayrider,

Can you please tell me how you end up with $406? My $429 payment includes Texas 6.25% sales tax. In Texas we pay sales tax on the entire purchase price ( base cap cost) not just on payments. I don't own Mazda.
    Most people who lease roll the tax into the payment. Mazda should make your first payment according to the drive-off promotion. The ad is to the right of the page. Then you have fees of course -- do what you feel suits you.
    msrp = 31305 [%47] cap cost 28605 [overstock] res = 14713 tax = 1787

28605 - 14713 = 13892/42 = 331

28605 + 1473 = 30078 X .00075 = 23

tax 1787 / 42 = 42

Add them up and I come up with $396 Check my math -- if i do it again it might get cheaper. :) Mazda says they make your first payment. I can here them squeal murder already.
    After visiting Mazdas website it seems that the 0 first month payment applies to the CX9 Sport model. It didn't indicate the same offer for the touring or the grand touring models. Just a note you may want to check out.
  • Jayrider,

Thanks for breaking it down for me. Other than the rent charge calculation your math is right. For the rent charge it should be 28605 + 14713 = 43,318 X .00075 = 32.49
    I don't understand what Mazda is doing to the acquisition fee though. I did the numbers on their $399 example on the website and I can't figure out how the acquisition fee is charged. Oh and one more thing, the overstock price for my zip code is $29,584. I know that there is a $1,000 factory to dealer cash incentive but it doesn't seem that anyone was/is able to get that combined with special financing or special lease.
    acquisition fees are extra -- you usually pay those at closing but I guess you can roll them in. Do your lease in my zipcode. Take a cheap one way flight and drive home. Worth the 1k. :)
  • I guess I forgot to mention that the $429/month had the $595 acquisition fee rolled in, which comes to about $14/month ($595/42).
    When you forget stuff then I have to forgive you for the error of your ways. Consider yourself forgiven. :) All in all I don't think the lease is too bad. If you like the cx 9 go for it. My bias though is to stick with 36 months to stay within the warranty. they will try to sell you an extended warranty. Take the cost and factor it into your payments. Then redo your lease based on 36 months vs 42 months and see which is cheaper. Go for that option. Don't forget to ask for 3 years of oil changes to seal the deal. Good luck.
    Hey experts!! can use some help with an offer I received, I have the numbers (hopefully) needed to tell if its a good deal. I received an offer for the CX 9 Touring w/ Bose/Leather model (dealer in NJ).
    It is 441/month. They want $2000 down for taxes, bank fee, tags/titles (nothing toward car). I told them they need to come down on that!, they are getting back to me!
    Here are the numbers:
    invoice - 32,260
    money factor - .00073
    residual - .51%
    buyout price - $17,957.10
    MSRP - 34,960 (according to Edmunds)
    Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you.
  • I just had the 2010 CX-9 AWD Touring with Sunroof/Bose package and the Keyless entry package (MSRP @ $34,177) quoted in Illinois.
    For Zero down, 15,0000 miles per year, 36 months and all taxes AND fees rolled in the lease is $479/month before fighting with the dealer for better numbers.
  • Welcome coog31. I'm glad that you like this forum so much.

There's no wiggle room in the acquisition fee or residual value. Chase (who Mazda runs its special leases through) charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Consumers are free to pay this charge at signing or have it added to their car's capitalized cost to bake it into their payment, but dealers cannot waive the charge. Similarly, dealers do not have the authority to alter banks' published residual values.

The main place that you should focus your energy on in your negotiations, is getting this vehicle's selling price as low as possible. The CX-9 that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,700 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That probably puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $600 to $700 over invoice, which is pretty good. If you have some time and you are in an area that has a decent level of competition you may be able to shave another couple hundred dollars off of this truck's price, but you're in the right neighborhood.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, Don.

Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 GT AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00060 and 52%, respectively.

Mazda is not providing lease support on the 2009 CX-9 any longer. It is however offering the large dealer cash allowance that you mentioned on leftover CX-9s, $4,500 to be exact.

Car_man
    Host
  • That's a good question, fsufan. I have seen the Mazda Drive-Off Event ads. I know that it is waiving its security deposit requirement and that it is rolling its $595 acquisition fee into vehicle's capitalized cost rather than waiving it. I suspect that Mazda is paying or waiving the first month's payment for vehicles that are leased through this program.

Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Sport AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00060 and 55%, respectively. This truck's 39-month numbers are .00073 and 53%.

I left out the 42-month program because it's not really a good idea to lease this car for too much longer than its basic warranty coverage of 3 years, 36,000 miles if I was in your situation. It would be beyond annoying to have to pay to fix some sort of issue out of your own pocket before returning your car.

Car_man
    Host
  • I have a very simple question.
    I have been looking at the CX-9 Touring for a month and have never read or heard the letters "GT". I see this in a great many posts to the forum here. Can someone tell me what the CX-9 GT is? Is it different somehow?
  • GT - Grand Touring trim package (as opposed to Touring and Sport trims) which is the "top of the line" trim (most "luxurious"). notable features include power liftgate, the option for Navigation, and 20" wheels (among other things).
    What you get with a GT may vary with the model year. please see Mazdausa.com for details on what each trim gives you.
    Can any experts assist in the deal I received posted in #708.
    Thanks!
    or anyone experienced with a cx9 purchase!!
  • Just in case anyone is interested, Mazda is waiving the first month's lease payment on all CX-9 models, not just the Sport trim level.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mtnj. Let's take a look at this deal. The lease money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Mazda's current buy rate for a 39 month lease of this truck. That is a good thing.

Besides the money factor, the other important number to focus on when leasing is your vehicle's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and if there is any room left to negotiate. It's excellent that you know both this truck's MSRP and invoice price, but you really need to find out its selling price as well. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • wnukwnuk Posts: 40
    car-man Is Mazda doing any 10K mile leases on the CX-9? If so, do you have m.f and residuals for the CX-9 Sport AWD and or FWD for 36 months?

Thanks.
    Hey Car man, Thanks for the return message. Sorry, I forgot to mention the selling price. The salesperson at the dealer was recommended by a friend and gives him a lot of business and he was told to "do the right thing", so they are pretty much doing the deal at the invoice price. I believe it was 32,260 so lets be safe and say 32,300. Thanks again!
  • Just leased a 2010 Mazda GT CX 9 with Moonroof/Bose and Nav. Stickered about $ 39,915. I lease a couple cars through business and seem to lease one every 18 months. As a reference to those interested this is what it came to $ 265 at signing total, $ 565./Month (includes tax) x 35 Months (Mazda pays first) and 15K miles per year. Car seems very nice so far and happy with transaction.
  • I have a lease offer from a local dealer that seems good, but I don't have all the numbers...can anyone run this and give me an opinion good or bad?

-Turning in a Mazda 6S 4 months early and they are paying it off.
    -New Mazda CX9 Sport AWD with power seat, tow hitch, roof rails.
    -36 month/ 15,000 annual lease is $361 all in, only thing I add is the $29 per month taxes. $0 down, Mazda makes first payment.

Seems good as it is $40 per month less than the ad and it has about $900 in options.
  • Car_man

What are the residuals for 2010 CX-9 SPORT FWD for 12k miles/year on 36/39/42 month leases?

Thanks
  • kokos7kokos7 Posts: 22
    Car_man

can you also check on the residuals and MF for the 2010 CX-9 GT for 15K miles/year on 36/39/42 lease?

thx
  • kegelskegels Posts: 20
    I have the following lease deal for a GT AWD w/ Nav, Moonroof/Bose, Pwr Liftgate and White Mica Paint

- 12,000 mi/yr / 36 months
    - MSRP=39,315
    - Residual=20,050.65
    - Cap Cost=35,935.60
    - Taxes/Fees=595
    - Cap Reduction=1,293.45
    - Net Cap=35,237.15

- Base Payment=455.02
    - Monthly Tax/Fee=42.09 (9.25% tax rate where I live!)
    - Total Monthly Payment=497.11

- Rebate=497.11
    - Cash Down=2,000

Is this a a good deal? Feedbacks greatly appreciated :)
    Hey,
    Just running this lease deal I just got by you guys. I got the 2010 Cx9 touring model with bose/leather, lift gate pkg and keyless remote. 12,000 miles per yr. Its $425/month for 42 months. I just put down my taxes upfront and motor vehicle fees. What do you guys think??
  • mtnj-
    I ended up going with this deal if you want to compare it. I actually paid the taxes up front ($1,000), so ended up at a payment of $368 per month.

-Turning in a Mazda 6S (4) months early and they are paying it off.
    -New Mazda CX9 Sport AWD with power seat, tow hitch, roof rails.
    -36 month/ 15,000 annual lease is $368 all in. Mazda makes first payment.

If you compare that to your deal, you end up paying $4,600 more than me for the life of the lease...but you have the Touring with some extra options.

Too late now to worry about it being a good or a bad deal, but I don't feel like I got ripped off. Who really knows though?!
This discussion has been closed.