Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi cpaman. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 54%, respectively.

You never mentioned the exact trim level that you're interested in so I had to make an assumption. Please let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi gobluejd. Unfortunately, Mazda's January lease program for the CX-9 is worse than its December program was. If you were to lease a 2010 CX-9 GT AWD right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00126 and 50%, respectively.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $38,470, and a selling price of $35,347, I estimate that this truck would have a zero down, pre-tax payment of around $517.

This compares to a payment $525 of for a 2010 CX-7 Grand Touring AWD that has an MSRP of $34,320 and a selling price of $32,072.

It's amazing how close the payments for these two vehicles are. I definitely would go with the 9 if I was in the market for one of them right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Carman,

I was wondering if you had the latest lease terms from Mazda. I am looking to lease a 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD. I only need 10K miles.

Thanks,

Shakeel
  • Hi Shakeel. Here's the information that you need. Mazda's current lease money factor and residual for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00126 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • nickelnickel Posts: 147
    I am changing from a Sienna minivan. What about the difference between 36 and 48 months? I make some calculations and am confused, because pmt looks like the same.

Any help?
  • slockoslocko Posts: 107
    edited February 2010
    Hi Carman,

I haven't been here since my last deal, seems like ages.

Can you give me the money factor and residual for the above lease?

Thanks.

Hans.
  • Hi, I am trying to figure out what the payments should be for a 12k 36mth cx-9 GT AWD. I would also like to know what it would be on the Touring AWD. Can someone give me the money factor and residual and the MFRP vs Sell Price.

I live in nassau county NY. Thanks!
  • Hi nickel. Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 52%, respectively.

This compares with .00180 and 42% for 48 months.

I haven't crunched the numbers, but the 4-year program is not very attractive. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't much of a difference between the payments on 3- and 4-year leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome back, Hans. I'm still here. Here's the information that you're interested in.

Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello jmmommy. Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 52%, respectively.

I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for this truck right now, but if I was in the market for one I personally would shoot for $500 or so over dealer invoice minus the $650 cash incentive that is available on leases of this vehicle in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • shakeel3shakeel3 Posts: 6
    Car_man,

Thanks for all of the info. Will you post March numbers for a AWD Touring, 10K miles.

Thaks so much,

Shakeel
  • 2010 Mazda CX9 Touring AWD
    S Plan
    36 month lease
    15K miles per year
    Black
    With sun roof/ Bose
    Power lift gate
    Auto dim mirror w/homelink
    500 total due at signing
    Payment including tax
    $489.76
  • thanks -- do you mind sharing which dealership? what's the S Plan?
  • jl49jl49 Posts: 33
    That looks good. What was the MSRP and selling price? Can you also provide the money factor & residual along with your local tax rate?

Thx.
  • bella20bella20 Posts: 1
    I live in NJ and have attempted with 2 dealerships (both NY for proximity) to purchase a white CX9 touring AWD Bose and Power liftgate $2500 down and $452/mo.
    The first dealership said they could get the vehicle and never returned my calls,
    the second said had it in stock took my downpayment and never had vehicle apparently sent it to another dealership.
    Is there something with the white CX9 touring AWD with above packages, and if anyone has had a good experience with a dealership in NYC area please recommend.
    I am ready to call it quits on a Mazda, it appears no one wants to sell me a vehicle!
    Thanks
    Also are these good numbers 3yr, 12,000mi per year.
  • Trying to figure out a good lease deal for a mazda cx9 awd sport. I only have the Msrp- 31,525 and invoice of 27525. How can I figure out MF residual value etc? Was given a price of 425/month for 42 months with 3k down?? Seems high for a base model with AWD. Help!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    No problem Shakeel. Here's the March info. Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00145 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • shakeel3shakeel3 Posts: 6
    I currently lease a 2008 CX-9 that goes back in April. For the past few weeks I have been trying to get a quote on leasing a 2010 Touring with Moonroof package + Rear Power + Backup Cam and this is the best I could come up with (from Wayne Mazda):

36 month, 10K miles per year
    MSRP: $35,627
    Cap Cost: $30,915
    Residual: 55%
    MF: .00145
    Total Due at Signing: $2000
    Monthly Payment: $448.99 (includes taxes)

Based on my calculations, the numbers did not make sense. If I believe what the salesperson was telling me, the payments should be much lower. Plus, I could not get the salesperson to tell me definitively what is included in the $2K payment at signing. The lack of transparency was very frustrating. After several back and forths, the salesperson told me that “the computer” tells him what the numbers are and this is the best he could do. He could not tell me how the lease rate is calculated.

I thought I would share to the extent it is helpful to anyone else looking in the North Jersey area. I am going to extend my lease for 2 months (the max allowed by Mazda credit) and hope for better deals to come.
  • mas3372mas3372 Posts: 1
    I was trying to get a lease wrapped up by the end of March. There were not great incentives but the residual was good at 54% for the grand touring AWD. We are now in April and the new incentives have not been posted yet on edmunds. Does anyone know what they are going to be as well as the money factor and residual.

Thanks, Mike
  • I had a similar experience at wayne mazda. I could not get to the bottom line on what the numbers were adding up to. He kept asking me what I wanted to pay. Here is what I got from them

CX9 AWD sport
    12kmiles
    3k down
    $410/month

I am returning a cx9 in May. When I asked for an explanation of the 3k i got nothing except "lets do the deal today and let the incentives take care of your lease. I am heading to another dealer and also investigating other vehicles. Very frustrating
  • buyer101buyer101 Posts: 80
    That is why I steer clear of leasing.
  • gobluejdgobluejd Posts: 29
    I know rates are the same for AWD Touring 15k/yr. (0.00165 / 53%) ($685 Lease cash and $500 Owner Loyalty)
  • nom2nom2 Posts: 13
    Car man,

I am considering both a CX-9 Touring FWD and Grand Touring FWD, both with moonroof and liftgate package.

Could you please tell me the April MF and residual for these two vehicles at 36 months and 12k miles?

Thank you
    Nom
  • dhearschdhearsch Posts: 5
    Could somebody please post the May rates (residual and MF) for a CX-9 Touring (with Bose/moonroof if it makes any difference) with 15K miles per year for both 36 and 42 month leases? Just went to the dealer for initial numbers and now need to start negotiating. FYI they included $1250 in rebates ($500 loyalty for lease turn in, then an additional $750 for something). Here is what they gave me out of the box (rounded):

42 month / 15K miles
    MSRP $34,427
    Rebate: $1250
    Preferred Customer Discount: $1,530
    Total Cap Cost: $31,646

Service fee: $400

First payment: $915 (service fee plus first month)
    Monthly payment: $515

Thanks,
    Darren
    Sorry - forgot to note that this was an FWD vehicle and the payment listed included Georgia sales tax.
  • krt3krt3 Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

I'm looking to possibly lease a CX-9 GT AWD w/ Nav for 36-39 months at 10,000 miles per year. Could you provide me with the May money factors and residuals for these two lease terms?

Thanks!
    As a follow-up, the dealership quoted me the following residuals and money factors for the lease mentioned above (CX-9 FWD Touring, 15K per year)

42 months - .00165 MF, 45% residual (ouch)
    36 months - .00134 MF, 49% residual

Car man - can you confirm that these are the official numbers?
  • starikstarik Posts: 3
    Hi dhearsch,

What as the payment calculated based on these numbers?
    It seems that 36-mo should be around 480/mo including tax, right?

Thank you.
    Not even close...here is the deal they offered me (haven't negotiated anything yet):

42 month / 15K miles
    MSRP $34,427
    Rebate: $1250
    Preferred Customer Discount: $1,530
    Total Cap Cost: $31,646

Service fee: $400

First payment: $915 (service fee plus first month)
    Monthly payment: $515

For 36 months, the payment is $532
  • ccracinccracin Posts: 3
    Hi carman, I have to say the information you provide is outstanding. I currently have an Outlook XR AWD lease coming to an end in June. I am interested in the current lease factors and residuals for the CX9 Grand Touring AWD. I would be interested in 12K and 15K 36 month lease. Any information you can provide would be helpful. I am in southwestern PA. Any incentives? Thanks for any information you can provide.
This discussion has been closed.