Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• davichodavicho Posts: 190
    edited May 2008
    "REQUIRED"

Totally snake oil. Nothing is required when purchasing a new vehicle besides the normal tax, license and doc fees. Sounds like dealership wants to make some money of you.

LO-JACK = USELESS
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    I would not call LoJack useless. It is the best theft recovery system available, however, it is not required by law to have one in your car.
  • jl49jl49 Posts: 33
    Hello Carman,

Just wanted to ask you if you thought this was a good lease offer:

2010 Mazda CX 9 Touring AWD
    MSRP $32905
    Selling Price $30910
    Rebate $1000.00
    Money Factor .00095
    Residual 49%
    Taxes @ 8.875% $1525.11
    Residual Value $16123.45
    Total Due at Signing $2035
    Monthly Payment $413

Thank you.
  • dagotdagot Posts: 10
    I am looking at a lease of the CX-9 Touring. We are coming off a 2007 model Touring. At that time I put $1500 down paying $465/mo. I suspect with improved residuals I can do better. In addition, Mazda provides a loyalty discount of $500.
    To my surprise the lease is more. Although I have not yet really started questioning (residual, money factor, etc) the options presented were -
    $0 down - $524/mon
    $1k down - $492/mo
    $1,500 down - $477/mo ($12 more than my current lease for the same down).
    $2K down and $469/mo

Perhaps, I should wait until end of Sept. I am paid up for the month since this payment came out of my down payment 3 years ago. So no payment really. Which is another thing this dealer didn't seem to factor into the quote. I technically have not made a payment since the end of July.

Also, are 2011 expected soon? I imagine that would further improve the lease I could get on a '10 model. That's what I did with my current Touring. Got an '07 when '08's were rolling out.
    Also, are 2011 expected soon? I imagine that would further improve the lease I could get on a '10 model.

The 2011's are not due here until October / November. I don't expect the lease to get any better on the 2010's since they are depreciating, unless there is a big lease rebate available. Only time will tell. Since you have time, I would wait.
  • my_suv_dealsmy_suv_deals Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    OK Here is the deal I got today from Cerritos Mazda in Southern California.
    36 Months, 30,000 Miles. Tax Rate:8.75%

Rebates Received:
    $1000 Mazda (available to everyone)
    $500 Loyalty (available to current mazda owners)

MSRP $31,475

I gave them $800 out of pocket plus the $1500 in rebates. This of course includes all fees, dmv and first payment.

My payment is $350.67 + $30.68 tax = $381.35 for 35 months.

Purchase option for $15108 + $150 fee at the end of 36 months.

My lease agreement reads as follows:

Gross cap cost: $27432.00
    Cap Reduction: $1346.17
    Adj. cap cost: $26085.83
    Residual value: $15108

Depreciation: $10977.83
    Rent Charge: $1646.29
    Total base of payments $12624.12
    Number of payments:36
    base monthly payment $350.86
    monthly sales tax: $30.68
    total monthly payment: $381.35

Negotiation tip:

I got the deal from cars.overstock.com where the dealer came in at $3500 below invoice. I went to the dealer test drove the car and we worked the numbers both for purchase and lease. Leasing made more sense to me, but I could have bought the car for $800 down and $464 per month with the zero apr offer. I chose the lower monthly payment and the $15108 payoff option because it gives me more flexibility.

One final thing: I can't say enough good things about my experience with the dealership and salespeople at Cerritos Mazda. The experience has been the best we have had at any dealership, and this is the 20th car deal for us. We were in and out in less than 90 minutes. Nader, Alaa, and the finance guy were super fast, and I highly recommend them.

Tony

PS: I want to thank this board and all the contributors here. I learned about overstock cars website on these boards and have been lurking for a couple of months as my lease was ending. It was really tough for me to find a good deal, because I was paying $269 + Tax for a 2008 CX-9 touring that had a $ 32,575 mSRP on a 24 months lease. Back than I got $7000 off MSRP and no acq. fee worked into the deal. They were giving the cars away on labor day weekend two years ago. Anyhow, again thank you all.
    Tony,

I don't think you mentioned if you added any xtra's to your package. Thanks for the help. I have been trying to determine what the September promotions are. My lease is up on the 30th and they have to wow me to start payments on a lease any earlier than I have to.

Thanks,
    Dgot
    Today I got an offer on a CX-9 AWD Touring, Bose/Moon package in NJ

MSRP - $35,977
    Sale Price - $31,200
    Residual - 57% or $20,506.89

$0 down $493/mo for 36 months and $10K miles option of $457/mo with $1563 down.

Any thoughts? Need more info?

Thanx, Dgot
  • No I didn't add any options. All I wanted was the CX-9 Touring basic. However, if I wanted any options then it would be discounted by 20%. My deal from overstock was $3500 below invoice and options are priced at 80% of msrp on the invoice.

By the way, the 57% residual seems extremely high for a 36 month lease. Make sure you double check that.
  • Hi jl49. The dealer invoice price of the CX-9 that you're interested in is $30,508. The dealer is only charging you $400 over that and then subtracting the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of this model. This looks like a very good deal to me.

Just make sure that the dealer uses Mazda's September buy rate lease money factor of .00061 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car man can you tell me if this is a good lease deal or not? 2010 CX9 GT AWD NAV/bose moonroof package. NET selling price of 35k, residual of 47%, money factor as you stated before of .00061 15k miles per year for $463.00 a month. They want $1000 down plus all the normal fees ie:1st payment, bank-fee, taxes, and dmv.

thanks for your help
  • Could you tell me which dealer you went to?

That's in fact great deal.
  • Wantagh Mazda Long Island New York
  • Hi joeyd5oh. The money factor and residual value that you were given look great. I can't tell how large a dealer discount you were given without knowing what this vehicle's full MSRP is, but The payment looks attractive as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks for the response. The MSRP is 40k
  • Hi CarMan. My wife's 2008 CX-9 Touring AWD lease will expire 11/12/10. Looking to get into another CX-9, as we both love driving it. Wondering current MF and residuals for both 2010 Touring AWD and Grand Touring AWD, 36 mo/10,000 miles/yr. Thanks for your help. I tried to find this info within this thread, however, am having a hard time. Also, any idea when 2011's will show up and any changes to expect from the 2010s. Thanks again.
  • Can you guys please let me know if this is a good deal or not?

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring MSRP is $31,755
    36 month lease, 12K miles/year
    0 down payment
    $359 a month + tax

Seems good to me, but I didn't go through the usual negotiation process, so I don't know what the purchase price is etc. I'm assuming MF of 0.00061 and Residual of 47% (from lease guide).

Thanks.
    edited September 2010
    It seems to me that the selling price is around $28,000, which is about $1,500 under invoice. I think that is a good deal.

What are the fees due at signing? I'm guessing somewhere between $1,300 and $1,600.
  • According to the sales person I'm dealing with, there would be nothing due at signing, but 1st month's payment and title. So, no cap cost out of pocket.

The deal seems good to me too, but do you think something is missing from that quote that I need to ask about?

Thanks.
  • gusbufgusbuf Posts: 23
    CarMan, it would be much appreciated if you could let me know October residuals and MF for Touring and GT AWD's with 10,000mi/yr for 36 months. Thanks!
  • My wife and I just leased this same exact vehicle 2 nights ago. CX9 Grand Touring without Nav. 39 mnth lease (3yr 3mth). 12k a year for $490 a mnth. As far as the fees are concerned we couldn't get out of them. The car is extremely nice with the 20's for tires, bose, interior, and many other features. We put 4k down. I would definitely suggest getting this. Have to wheel an deal the guy and stick to what you want. They'll bend. :)
  • chuchumouthchuchumouth Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    Hi All,

I just pick up my newly lease of white mica 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD (with Sand leather, Bose, In Dash 6 CDs changer, 6 months free Sirius Radio, Power heated seats of driver and passenger, Backup Camera, Remote Starter, Sunroof, Power lift trunk) on 9/30/2010 (end of quarter so the Sales guy really wanted to close the deal... and I keep pushing him to give me some freebies successfully such as All weather mats (cost $150 value) as I live in Boston and it will have snow.)

I think I got a good deal, but I just want to share my info with all of you to see if you agree?

It is a 42 months lease, 10K miles/year, the MSRP of this car is $36,466 with all the nice options. My monthly rental fee before MA tax is $359/month (+$22 tax). So in total out of my pocket when I picked up the car was around $1,450 including all the acquisition fees, first month rental fee, titles, dealer fees, Mazda $1000 incentive (by the way I didn't have the $500 as this is my first Mazda). I didn't really care about the residual value as I know that I will not take the car after the 3 1/2 years lease.

What do you think?

Thanks

Chuchumouth
  • No problem joeyd5oh. So you're getting a $5,000 discount on the CX-9 that you're interested in. That sounds like it's below dealer invoice after the available cash incentives are taken into account, which would be an outstanding deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey gusbuf. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00061 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD are .00061 and 49%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey gusbuf. Please see my response to your earlier post in message #872. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • gusbufgusbuf Posts: 23
    Car Man, thanks for the info. My local dealer, however, has quoted me 1% lower on each Residual vale you quoted. They told me the residual for 2010 CX9 GT AWD is 48%, not 49%. And for a 2010 CX9 Touring AWD 50%, not 51% as you say. Who is right on this one? Please let me know. I told them I think their numbers are wrong, but they insist they are correct. AND BTW, per Edmunds and confirmed with my dealer, there is actually $2000 in marketing cash to dealer iincentive, not $1000. So I do have that going for me. Look forward to hearing from you RE: Residual value confirmation. Thanks.
  • jaydocjaydoc Posts: 11
    Hi
    Carman what do you think about this deal;
    MSRP:$39440
    Adj cap:$ 36660
    Lease rebate:$ 1500
    39month lease
    12k/year
    MF 0.00061
    Residual 46%
    start up: $895
    Monthly $515(including 6%tax)
    he claimed that the lowest price I could get is what is offered to the S plan customers.( i work for Ford)
  • maradagmaradag Posts: 85
    I am shopping around for the above vehicle from dealers in both NY and NJ. If the money factor discussed here in previous posts is correct (.00061) then I think they are trying to pull a fast one on me.

I know the residual changes depending on annual mileage allowance but does the money factor go up?

for a 15k p/y lease 42 mos, they said the money factor is .00084.

Appreciate anyone's input.
  • Not sure wha the money factor was but they said .00061 was not right. I just picked up a 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring fully loaded with 20 inch wheels, navigation, power lift gate etc. With roof rack as well. I was desperate to get out of my Audi Q7 lease early because we were over miles. Dealer bought back car and all i had to do was put up inceptions ($1500). 39 month lease 15k miles was $550 with tax. How does that sound.
  • Car Man, what do you think about these offers:
    Wantagh, NY Madza
    CX-9 Touring AWD
    48 month lease
    10k/year
    $0 down except 1st payment and DMV fees ($65)
    Monthly $399 a month

Also offered:
    CX-9 Touring AWD
    48 month lease
    10k/year
    $0 down except 1st payment and DMV fees ($85)
    Monthly $389 a month
This discussion has been closed.