Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• mvelosomveloso Posts: 9
    Yep, just drove home today in the CX-9. The quote was for blue, but we got white one for a few dollars more.

The dealer was Royal Moore in Hillsboro, OR. Shane, their internet sales guy, really seems to be able to get these deals that don't exist anywhere else.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here you go, Michael. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00052 and 43%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,550 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi dima1. Chase now officially handles the captive finance business for a number of brands, including Subaru, Mazda, Jaguar, and Land Rover. While Chase may not have the incentive to be lenient when evaluating the lease-end condition of vehicles that a pure captive finance company like Honda Finance would have, I have always heard that Chase is very fair in evaluating the end-of-term condition of leased vehicles. I personally would not be afraid of leasing through Chase.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem collman. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 GT AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00052 and 47%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $1,550 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi garonoff. To be, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate the lowest possible selling price that you can on the model that you're interested in and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If I was in the market for a 2009 CX-9 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice...which would really be equivalent to around $1,000 under after the $1,550 cash incentive that is avaulible on leases of this truck right now is taken into account.

I would be happy to use Mazda's current lease program to calculate a sample lease payment on the truck that you are interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • lsnhclsnhc Posts: 11
    I was just quoted $565/mo (incl CT tax) for a GT w/nav and sunroof. I would put out $2000 up front. Based on what I have seen here, this seemed very high. The salesman volunteered that there was a $1500 incentive for the buyer, but when I asked about the $4000 dealer incentive and whether he had applied that, he stated that the full amount could not be applied in a lease deal.
    Is this accurate?
    Garonoff
    Did you end up doing the deal? Based on my post, your offer is significantly better than what I have been able to get here (in CT): 565/mo with $2000 cap cost reduction, so obviously, 540 with only $950 paid for fees is substantially better.
    Please let me know!
    Well...we ended up doing the following deal:
    2009 CX-9 GT w/nav and sunroof
    Sticker $40300
    39 mo - 510.78/mo w/2500 down (incl CT sales tax)
    12000 mi

I shopped this very aggressively and this was, by far, the best deal I could find. Given how bad leases are on other competitive models, I think we got a very fair deal for a very nice vehicle.
  • glh205glh205 Posts: 9
    where did you get that deal?
  • I was quoted yesterday the following lease:

CX-9 Touring
    Includes stereo system, speakers, etc.
    MSRP = $36875
    residual .48
    12,000 miles
    .00081 money factor
    no down, $499/month.

I thought he could go lower, and he told me that 12k miles was now standard. Really?

Dealer told me I could buy the car for about $30,000 (including a $1k trade), which I'd consider.

Would love someone to tell me their opinion.
    Hi lsnhc. What you were told is correct. The $4,000 dealer cash that Mazda is currently providing on the 2009 CX-9 is not compatible with its special financing or lease programs. Having said this, there is a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Been offerred cx-9 touring with 6 cd changer and sunroof
    15k miles per year
    first month + $595 down at signing
    $515 per month

good deal?
  • walktofastwalktofast Posts: 10
    This is posted on the web site of the Mazda dealer in Massachusetts. I am looking both the 7 and 9. (will post the lease info under 7 as I am not sure which way to go) I really don't have the 3k to part with so trying to figure out what I could do to lower the down payment and still keep payments low. They don't have any 08 models.

New 2009 Mazda CX-9 Sport FWD
    BUY FOR $23,683

Lease for $329
    Per Month
    Stk#M90496
    MSRP $30,540. Automatic. Price plus tax, title, registration fee, and $295 administration fee. All dealer and factory rebates and incentives due to dealer. Vehicle must be paid for at time of purchase. 36 month lease, 10,000 miles per year. $26,183 cap cost. $3000 due at inception, plus tax, title, registration fee, and $295 administration fee. All lease payments include destination. Subject to Chase Mazda tier 0-3 approval. 0% APR financing available for qualified customers. Cannot combine offers. Vehicle shown for illustration purposes only. Subject to prior sale. Offers end 7/31/09
    CX-9 Touring Moonroof MSRP $35,795 39 month lease
    Selling Price $32,250 15k per year
    Monthly payment $506.61 Residual 45.
    Money factor 00100 Plus DMV
    595. bank fee
  • dockydocky Posts: 11
    Does anything change when it comes to CX9 2009 Touring demo? Didn't buy, but got down to $28,500 for a demo with 4K miles (I think they would have made a few bucks with the trade, but it paid off my note), it had remote start and moonroof/bose pkg.

What would a lease look like with 15k miles per year?

Thanks
  • hooopshooops Posts: 64
    Car_man,

Can you please post the CX-9 Sport and Touring models for 2 and 3 year leases, each with 15k mi / yr. If there's any lease cash or other support, can you list it as well,

Thanks
    Hey hooops. Here you go. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 CX-9 Sport AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00009 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00081 and 46%.

Its money factors for the '09 CX-9 Touring AWD are exactly the same, but its residual values for this model are 1% higher at 55% and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
  • hooopshooops Posts: 64
    Car_man, Thanks a lot for the numbers. Do you know if Mazda is offering any incentives (lease cash) that can be applied?

Thanks again
    No problem, hooops. Yes, Mazda is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the '09 CX-9 using its special program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Want advice on following deal offered please.

2009 CX-9 Touring
    Black/Sand
    Only added option is Roof Rack
    36 month lease
    15k miles per year
    Sales Tax and 1st month at signing = $2,200
    Dealer is making my last 3 payments on my current car ($342/month) and is covering the $450 in over-milage fees on my current lease.

$483/month

thanks in advamce
This discussion has been closed.