Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• You're very welcome mbalt. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00056 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 CX-9 Touring AWD are .00056 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • i negotiated a price over the phone for my cx-9 touring, then went to the dealership to sign the papers on my lease. After three hours when i go to sign the papers, they then infrom me i didn't qualify for tier 1 financing, and jacked up my price $30 more per month. My credit has always been good, but they are quoting me a score of 700 and are telling me that doesn't qualify for tier 1. Does anyone know what the tier 1 financing number are, and how i can verify they are giving me accurate info?
  • joec1210joec1210 Posts: 10
    edited January 2012
    I am officially boycotting Mazda. I have never leased or bought a Mazda before, but I really liked the CX9 GT. I have leased Audi, Lexus, and currently have a Mercedes. It was so easy to work with the aforementioned when leasing. I would tell them what I'm looking for and speak to several different dealers. They would fight for my business and even offer me LOWER deals than what I proposed to them. Don't think I'm just stupid. I don't know anyone that leased a fully loaded RX350 in 2008 for $525 a month including NJ tax with $1,250 out the door and 15K a year for 42 months or currently has a 2009 Mercedes C350 4-Matic loaded with MSRP of $48,500 for $478 a month with $1,278 out the door with 15K a year for 39 months. BUT Mazda is a different story as I have been to or contacted 8 dealerships in NJ. I can't even get them to call me back! And I get quoted ridiculous prices when I do. I want a 15K lease and open to term which the dealerships tell me 39 months through Chase Bank offers the best rate (Tier 1 credit). Ok.....$525 a month with $525 due at signing! $513 + tax a month with $2,100 due at signing! Those are my only 2 offers. Are they freaking kidding me? I am an accountant and worked for Toyota financial through college. I know how to run residuals and money factors LONG hand. The guy that offered me $525 a month was actually a MANAGER. We had identical money factors and residuals. He offered me a negotiated sales price of $35,511 (original MSRP $39,900.00) + $500 dealer cash off for a negotiated MSRP of $35,011.00 (I am paying TTT of $1,200 - not factored in lease). I will not settle for less than 11% off MSRP on this car. He was in awe as I wrote out the calcs on his desk and came out to under $474.00 a month WITH tax. He said he had to "see another customer" and walked away never to return!!!!! The other one that offered $513 a month with $2100 down won't even tell me the selling price of the car. I give up. I have been battling for 1 month today on this car. I don't mean to sound like a snob or anything, but I am going back to where I am familiar and getting either an RX400 or Mercedes ML350. Even Mercedes (who I don't like) offered me $515 a month with $1,000 down with 15K a year on a $56,000 MSRP ML350 for 39 months and they will take my current Mercedes (3 payments left) and waive disposition fee. SCREW MAZDA!!! Oh and to make things worse, I also wanted a Mazda 3 lease too for my sister and told every salesman this. FORGET IT!!!!
  • I agree. The lease deals for some cars are just not good. Your Mercedes deal sounds awesome, please share the details once its done. I'll be in the market for a lease in about a year but good to know what's going on now.

For the CX-9 GT AWD with Navigation, etc. -fully loaded- (which I was looking to buy), the best price I got was 35,500ish. Ended up with a Subaru Outback - the dealer was very upfront there and said "We just dont have good lease deals with this car right now" - so I ended up buying at 0% interest. Surprisingly, the fit and finish of the CX-9 was not as good as the subaru and is definitely as good as MB.
  • I just wanted to clarify that I misspoke. The Mercedes is $515 PLUS NJ tax and it only have the navigation option. I won't be taking it though. I am going for the new Infiniti JX. Good luck to all.
  • ejzinnejzinn Posts: 12
    I had the same problem with Mazda dealers in NJ but just got one this week at a Mazda dealer in NY.
    2012 cx-9 AWD Touring with moonroof Bose and auto tailgate package for $600 out of pocket including first month and $444/month for 36 months and 12000 miles per year. The car lists for over $36000. The dealer was great and did not try and sell me any packages or pull any bait and switch tactics
  • Just an FYI - leased a 2012 CX9 Touring AWD for $390 / month.

Here are the details:
    sticker - $33,500
    36 months / 12k year
    $550 out of pocket including first month
    $390 / month includes tax (9%)
  • jklugjklug Posts: 1
    Car_man - have the residual value and money factor changed for the 2012 CX-9 GT and Touring AWD 36-month lease for January 2012?

Thanks for the info!

JKlug
  • Can I ask what dealer? Seems like a great price.
  • hbqhbq Posts: 13
    hi Carman, thanks for all your help. Can you give me the lease terms for a 2012 CX-9 AWD Touring (w/mrf/bose if that matters), 36 months, 15k/year, and for an AWD GT (w/mrf/bose/nav), also at 36/15k?

Thanks
  • hbqhbq Posts: 13
    hi Car_man, just wanted to see if you can provide the Feb lease terms:

2012 CX-9 AWD Touring
    36 months, 15k/year,

Also, AWD GT at 36/15k?

many thanks,
  • Hello jklug. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are either .00039 or .00004 (the program varies depending upon what area you are in) and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for Chase's top credit tier.

The money factors for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 CX-9 Touring AWD are the same, but its residual value would be 52%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it. In addition to this cash, Mazda is waiving the first month's payment as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi hbq. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • hypnoticshypnotics Posts: 28
    Good Day Car_man,

Would you have the numbers available for CX-9 Grand Touring AWD 36 month lease?

Thank you!
  • Wanted to run this buy the forum-
    Im in NY and only need 10K, so I am signing a 36 month with 10K
    on the CX9 Touring for $395/mth. First month and 650 bank fee.

This sound good?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    G'Day hypnotics. Mazda's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00036 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This vehicle's money factor is slightly lower in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • alcapalcap Posts: 24
    Hello all,

How does this deal sound...I live in northern NJ and was offered for 2012 CX-9 GT AWD w/ Bose/Pwr Moon Roof, Power Life Gate MSRP 38,435. 36 Month lease 550.00 per month 15k per year sign and drive 0 out of pocket. Sounds like they are ripping me off.

What do you guys think?
  • rsf222rsf222 Posts: 4
    Sounds expensive. I'm going in Saturday to lease a 2012 CX9 touring with bose/moonroof, rearview camera, power liftgate for $345 a month (36 mo/12k miles) with $3k equity down from my trade in.
  • rsf222rsf222 Posts: 4
    Just leased a 2012 CX9 from Royal Mazda in SF. It's a touring edition, liquid silver, with bose/moonroof/backup camera option, as well as auto liftgate. Got a great price -- $337 a month for 36months/12k miles -- with a trade in net equity value of $3,200. Monthly payments bumped up to $352 with the Mazda care included -- covers all oil changes and maintenance for the next three years.
  • Hi Car Man. Can you tell me Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 36-month, 15,000/yr lease on the CX-9 Grand Touring? thanks.
    Hi superdavec12. Mazda's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00001 to .00036 (they vary by region) and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mazda is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • fugaziscfugazisc Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

Good morning! Can you please give me the current May lease numbers for a 2012 CX-9 FWD Touring (w/mrf/bose), 36 months, 15k miles/year, and also for an FWD Grand Touring (w/mrf/bose/nav), also at 36 months and 15k miles/year?

If you have them, I would like to get the money factor and residual values please. I live in South Florida and have Tier 1 credit.

I see that Mazda is offering $500 loyalty bonus cash and $1500 dealer cash. I know I can count on the $500 but what is your opinion about Mazda dealers going behind invoice and digging into their dealer cash? Is it something I can expect to split with them?

Thank you in advance for your assistance! Happy early Memorial Day!
  • azshortyazshorty Posts: 4
    edited May 2012
    Hi Car Man. Can you tell me Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 36-month, 12,000/yr lease on the FWD CX-9 Grand Touring? Thanks.
    Hi fugazisc. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Touring FWD in Florida with 15,000 miles per year are .00006 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mazda is currently providing a $2,250 cash incentive on leases of the CX-9 in the Southeastern U.S. Make sure to take this cash, along with the loyalty cash, into account during your negotiations. If I was in the market for this model right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over invoice minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi azshorty. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD in Arizona with 12,000 miles per year are .00041 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dmunizdmuniz Posts: 16
    Hi Car Man, can you please tell me the money factor and residual value for a 2012 CX9 Touring AWD, 10,000 miles in Nassau County, Long Island, NY

I was quoted today $393.57 for 42 months, taxes and fees down (about $3500).
  • dmunizdmuniz Posts: 16
    can you tell me for 42 and 36 months?
    edited June 2012
    Hi dmuniz. Mazda's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year in the New York area are .00006 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area.

I haven't seen the 42-month information, but I'll look into it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Carman,

Can you please tell me Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD in DC/Northern Virginia with 15,000 miles per year? Also, can I use the Mazda Owner Loyalty of $500 combined with manufacturer rebate of $1,750 to lower the capitalized cost? Also, what selling price should I shoot for prior to applying and incentives?

Thanks!
  • Hi Carman,
    Can you tell me a good lease deal on this car in Houston, TX?

2012 GT CX9 FWD MSRP $40,425 with these options
    ¡TRAILER CLASS II HITCH RECEIVER[TTH]Price:$425.00
    ¡GRAND TOURING PWR LIFTGATE PKG[LG2]Price:$400.00
    ¡REAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM W/BOSE AUDIO PKG[1EP]Price:$3055.00
    ¡NAVIGATION PKG[NV3]Price:$1665.00
    ¡ROOF RAILS
    ¡TOWING PREP PKG

Dealer is willing to sell the car for $34,910. Will use the same figure to calculate a lease. I just would like to know how much would a good deal for a lease be for 36 months with either 12K or 10K a year.

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.