Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• rdolfanrdolfan Posts: 1
    Hey 96gator,
    I just got the same car last week. It's a 42 month, 42,000 mile lease. I traded in a car (got 2000 bucks for it) and had a total of 1200 due-in (first month + tax, tags, title,etc...). I chose a package for warranty + car maintenance (oil change, tire rotations, fluid level). My total monthly payment is about 390/month.
    Hope that helps.

P.S. CX-9 drives great
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I'd be happy to take a look at this deal, 96gator. The money factor that you were quoted looks perfect. It's right in line with Mazda's current factor for this vehicle.

Let's take a look at the other important factor, the selling price. The CX-9 that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $2,700 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. In the majority of the country there's a $750 cash incentive on leases of this model. Add that cash to the $2,700 and there's a total of around $3,450 to play with during your negotiations. You were quoted a dealer discount of $3,277. That looks like a very attractive price to me.

If you like the CX-9, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • johnrp001johnrp001 Posts: 2
    My Mazda CX-9 Lease from Mazda of Wesly Chapel, Florida has come to an end. I called the dealer to find out what fees I will be charged since I want to purchase the car as I ended up putting a lot less miles on it than expected. They told me that I would have to pay the residual value, tax and tag which sounded reasonable. Then they hit me with a $595 Inspection fee and $595 dealership fee. Now I feel I am being ripped off. Of course I am sure that with the inspection fee they will require that I replace the tires and charge me their rip-off price for that as well. Is this normal when trying to purchase a car at the end of the lease?
  • delta737hdelta737h Posts: 603
    edited June 2010
    johnrp001,

I suggest you contact the fund provider about purchasing your CX-9 directly from them negating the need to pay a $595 dealer fee. Does your state require an inspection? If not, you do not need to pay a $595 inspection fee which sounds a bit high. It seems to me that if your state does require an inspection, the fee would be regulated by the state. If an inspection isn't required, you won't have to replace tires unless you choose to do so. You're buying the vehicle; so why should anyone care whether or not you replace the tires unless a state mandated vehicle inspection requires you to do so.

You should only have to pay the residual value plus tax and DMV fees. I'm assuming that there is no purchase option fee. However, if there is such a fee, ask that it be waived.

Hope this helps.

John
  • andre1andre1 Posts: 78
    CarMan,
    I am about to purchase a CX-9 and I was hoping you could provide me with the money factor and residual for the following. Also, do your numbers only apply to Tier 1 credit and what score is considered 'Tier 1'. Thanks!

2010 CX-9 GT AWD
    36 months/ 15K miles a year
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    what score is considered 'Tier 1'

To qualify for the Mazda lease special, you need a 660 FICO Transunion per Chase Auto Finance's guidelines. This is the case for the North East Region. I doubt it will differ from where you live.
  • johnrp001johnrp001 Posts: 2
    I called Mazda Finance, they told me they are not in the business of selling me a car and would have to go back to the deal to settle the lease. They did say that I could try another dealer and see what their fees would be to purchase the leased car. I'll post back with the results. - Thanks - John
  • dagotdagot Posts: 10
    Dear CarMan or anyone with knowledge,

We are coming off a 36 month lease on the CX-9 Touring. We were very pleased with our experience and are considering another lease of either Touring or Grand Touring. Currently, we are in a Touring, 10,500 mi/yr (under by a smidgen), w/ tax tag, title and 1st month our payments are $464/mo.

Do you know for June 2010 the current lease factors and residuals for the CX9 Grand Touring AWD? Any incentives for retention with Mazda?

Assuming top of the line credit score in NJ, what lease payment can I expect per month with as little down as possible for either Touring or GT? Wondering if lease values have improved over last 3 years with better data on residuals.

Thanks,
    dagot
  • bigsbigs Posts: 4
    I just had a similar expeirence. The salesman told me they were charging a $500 fee on top of the taxes and doc fees. Said they could charge what they want and most dealerships charge more, upo to $1500. Thought this was excessive considering that they were forwarding a check to Mazda American Credit. The pruchase option language is pretty clear "official fees, taxes and a reasonable documentation fee". He handed me an internal sales contract with a purchase price $500 more that my purchase option amount. I walked out and contacted the NJ AG's office. Waiting for a response.
  • cruiser54cruiser54 Posts: 5
    Hello,

Can I recieve current money factors and residuals on a Mazda CX-9 (Touring FWD) @ 15k and 36 months?

Thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for, dagot. Mazda's July lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00083 and 49%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello cruiser54. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Mazda's July lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a CX-9 Touring FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00083 and 46%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • lost23lost23 Posts: 1
    i want to lease a 2010 FWD touring CX9, 12K miles a year max 36 months max 42. can you please give me the residual value and money factor (july or august). Can you also recommend any dealer? i'm in, miami-dade, FL.
  • I have a quote from a NJ dealer for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 AWD Grand Touring with Bose package (no nav, no dvd)

msrp = $37,450
    Selling price = $34, 370 ($630 below $35,000 invoice)

$2000 down payment
    36 month lease with 15 K miles / year

They're coming in at $525 / month with all taxes and fees **

** fees:
    $595 Bank Fee(Chase)
    $398 Documentation Fee
    $134.64 State Gas Guzzler Tax(State)
    $319.50 State DMV/Registration/Tire Tax(State)
    $299 Security Guard(Vehicle Theft Insurance/VIN Etching. *** I WILL FIGHT THIS ONE *** )

Are you guys finding better deals out there???
  • dkquinndkquinn Posts: 4
    $134.64 State Gas Guzzler Tax(State) <<<<< I believe this may be illegal.
    You may want to look deeper into this. I am also in NJ and fed up with dealer add ons.
    I believe this may be illegal. You may want to look deeper into this. I am also in NJ and fed up with dealer add ons.

I believe this is legal. See the link below...

http://www.state.nj.us/njbgs/luxvehs.htm
  • dkquinndkquinn Posts: 4
    But not for the car that he was to purchase!

Effective July 15, 2006, new car dealerships are responsible for collecting a 0.4% surcharge on the new sale or lease of vehicles priced $45,000
  • buyer101buyer101 Posts: 80
    Effective July 15, 2006, new car dealerships are responsible for collecting a 0.4% surcharge on the new sale or lease of vehicles priced $45,000 or greater or on vehicles having an EPA rating of less than 19 miles per gallon.
    You forgot to read the part when it talked about that surcharge for getting lower than 19mpg combined....
  • zak43zak43 Posts: 2
    I'm looking at leasing a Mazda CX9, Grand Touring, and they are requiring that I purchase the LOJACK system. I'm in California; is it actually a requirement? Or is it that the LOJACK is on all of the Grand Touring models already?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

ZAK43
This discussion has been closed.