Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• You're very welcome, mpr90. Congratulations on getting your new ride. Thanks for taking the time to let us all know how everything turned out.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • No problem lucky931. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Sport AWD (this truck's lease program varies by trim level) with 15,000 miles per year are .00075 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00056 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

Can you please give me the 2012 lease rates for a 2012 CX-9 Touring with out Navigation.

Thanks
    Andy
  • Hi Car_man

I just realized my previous post was incomplete as I forgot to include the term and mileage, sorry about that.

Can you please let me know what the money factor and residual are for a 2012 CX-9 Touring for 36 months with 12,000 miles.

Thanks
    Andy
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    edited November 2011
    Here you go Andy. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00056 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • hi Car Man, here's my situation, hopefully you can give some insight. In a nutshell: times are tough, gotta save $ and have smaller monthly payments.

I want to trade in 2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L (20k miles, owe about $25k)
    -AND-
    2011 Scion XD (2000 miles, owe about $16k)

To lease a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD (not sure what options are avail, have to research). Want to lease for 36 - 48 months. I plan to drive it for 12,000 miles/yr.

What kind of rates, etc can I expect to get? Credit 800+
  • alcapalcap Posts: 24
    Car_man, could you let me know what to expect as far as mf and residual on a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD w/Nav and RES? 39 months, 12/15k miles/yr.
  • I completely understand about wanting to cut your payments, gutompa. Hopefully you're not upside down on either of your vehicles, though without looking up their values I suspect that there is a very good chance that you are.

Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00056 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00091 and 42%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi alcap. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00067 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • mbaltmbalt Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    Thank you for all this incredibly helpful information.
    Can you provide the mf and residual on a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD? 36 months, 12k miles/yr? And the same info for a 2012 CX-9 Touring AWD?
    I am comparing as I prepare to lease later this month.
    Thank you
  • You're very welcome mbalt. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00056 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 CX-9 Touring AWD are .00056 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • i negotiated a price over the phone for my cx-9 touring, then went to the dealership to sign the papers on my lease. After three hours when i go to sign the papers, they then infrom me i didn't qualify for tier 1 financing, and jacked up my price $30 more per month. My credit has always been good, but they are quoting me a score of 700 and are telling me that doesn't qualify for tier 1. Does anyone know what the tier 1 financing number are, and how i can verify they are giving me accurate info?
  • joec1210joec1210 Posts: 10
    edited January 2012
    I am officially boycotting Mazda. I have never leased or bought a Mazda before, but I really liked the CX9 GT. I have leased Audi, Lexus, and currently have a Mercedes. It was so easy to work with the aforementioned when leasing. I would tell them what I'm looking for and speak to several different dealers. They would fight for my business and even offer me LOWER deals than what I proposed to them. Don't think I'm just stupid. I don't know anyone that leased a fully loaded RX350 in 2008 for $525 a month including NJ tax with $1,250 out the door and 15K a year for 42 months or currently has a 2009 Mercedes C350 4-Matic loaded with MSRP of $48,500 for $478 a month with $1,278 out the door with 15K a year for 39 months. BUT Mazda is a different story as I have been to or contacted 8 dealerships in NJ. I can't even get them to call me back! And I get quoted ridiculous prices when I do. I want a 15K lease and open to term which the dealerships tell me 39 months through Chase Bank offers the best rate (Tier 1 credit). Ok.....$525 a month with $525 due at signing! $513 + tax a month with $2,100 due at signing! Those are my only 2 offers. Are they freaking kidding me? I am an accountant and worked for Toyota financial through college. I know how to run residuals and money factors LONG hand. The guy that offered me $525 a month was actually a MANAGER. We had identical money factors and residuals. He offered me a negotiated sales price of $35,511 (original MSRP $39,900.00) + $500 dealer cash off for a negotiated MSRP of $35,011.00 (I am paying TTT of $1,200 - not factored in lease). I will not settle for less than 11% off MSRP on this car. He was in awe as I wrote out the calcs on his desk and came out to under $474.00 a month WITH tax. He said he had to "see another customer" and walked away never to return!!!!! The other one that offered $513 a month with $2100 down won't even tell me the selling price of the car. I give up. I have been battling for 1 month today on this car. I don't mean to sound like a snob or anything, but I am going back to where I am familiar and getting either an RX400 or Mercedes ML350. Even Mercedes (who I don't like) offered me $515 a month with $1,000 down with 15K a year on a $56,000 MSRP ML350 for 39 months and they will take my current Mercedes (3 payments left) and waive disposition fee. SCREW MAZDA!!! Oh and to make things worse, I also wanted a Mazda 3 lease too for my sister and told every salesman this. FORGET IT!!!!
  • I agree. The lease deals for some cars are just not good. Your Mercedes deal sounds awesome, please share the details once its done. I'll be in the market for a lease in about a year but good to know what's going on now.

For the CX-9 GT AWD with Navigation, etc. -fully loaded- (which I was looking to buy), the best price I got was 35,500ish. Ended up with a Subaru Outback - the dealer was very upfront there and said "We just dont have good lease deals with this car right now" - so I ended up buying at 0% interest. Surprisingly, the fit and finish of the CX-9 was not as good as the subaru and is definitely as good as MB.
  • I just wanted to clarify that I misspoke. The Mercedes is $515 PLUS NJ tax and it only have the navigation option. I won't be taking it though. I am going for the new Infiniti JX. Good luck to all.
  • ejzinnejzinn Posts: 11
    I had the same problem with Mazda dealers in NJ but just got one this week at a Mazda dealer in NY.
    2012 cx-9 AWD Touring with moonroof Bose and auto tailgate package for $600 out of pocket including first month and $444/month for 36 months and 12000 miles per year. The car lists for over $36000. The dealer was great and did not try and sell me any packages or pull any bait and switch tactics
  • Just an FYI - leased a 2012 CX9 Touring AWD for $390 / month.

Here are the details:
    sticker - $33,500
    36 months / 12k year
    $550 out of pocket including first month
    $390 / month includes tax (9%)
  • jklugjklug Posts: 1
    Car_man - have the residual value and money factor changed for the 2012 CX-9 GT and Touring AWD 36-month lease for January 2012?

Thanks for the info!

JKlug
  • Can I ask what dealer? Seems like a great price.
  • hbqhbq Posts: 13
    hi Carman, thanks for all your help. Can you give me the lease terms for a 2012 CX-9 AWD Touring (w/mrf/bose if that matters), 36 months, 15k/year, and for an AWD GT (w/mrf/bose/nav), also at 36/15k?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.