Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car_Man:

Do you have the February numbers handy for the 2012 trucks? I'm curious about a 2012 Grand Touring AWD in Colorado. 12K miles is fine...appreciate the help!
  • Car_Man,
    I forgot to mention that I was interested in the FWD. I noticed that edmunds is no longer listing the $1600 lease cash for the truck, only the $1500 dealer cash. Do you know if lease cash is still good?
  • aliciafaliciaf Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Hello,
    Would you be so kind as to give me February's Money Factor and residual value for a 2013 CX-9 Touring, for a 36 month lease with15K miles per year in the Central New Jersey area? Thanks so much appreciate your knowledge on this also where do you obtain your info from?
  • cr40cr40 Posts: 15
    I am leasing the CX-9 Touring w/tech package this weekend. I live in Ft Lauderdale, FL area. I have several quotes, The best so far is as follows:

375 tax in. $1200 inceptions. CX-9 Touring with technology package. 36 month lease, 10,000 miles.

Does anyone know the residual on this vehicle, as well as the factor and any other incentives? How does this quote sound?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
  • Hey drdrakeramore. Mazda isn't providing lease support on 2012 CX-9 models any longer. If you really want to lease, you will be better off going with a 2013 model.

If you're set on getting a leftover 2012 model and don't care how you get it, you could always finance one at 0% for 5 years or 0.9% for 6 years AND get $1,500 dealer cash. That's a really attractive offer, though the payment will be higher than it would be on a lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Certainly aliciaf. Chase's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year in New Jersey are .00006 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • How's this for just in time inventory er um responses, cr40 ;).

Chase's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-9 Touring FWD in Florida with 10,000 miles per year are .00006 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,600 cash incentive on leases of this truck right now that you should take into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • I also live in Florida and am getting the run around by local dealer acting as if Mazda Capital is the only provider of Leases available to Mazda dealers. i am assuming i could use chase since you are quoting there numbers not mazda Financials. Please explain process o lease through Chase please.
  • Got it. Thanks much!
  • Mazda Capital is Chase.
  • Car Man,

I got an offer in NYC for a Touring w/ tech package for a 36/12K lease for 459 with zero down. Is that a good deal? Should I now try to use a trade in to get that monthly payment down?
    Thank you for your reply Car_man. I'm also wondering what an appropriate expectation is regarding the negotiated price in my area. Edmunds shows the invoice on the vehicle at $33,867. I know you mentioned the $1600.00 cash incentives. I also qualify for Mazda loyalty of $500.00. Are these vehicles selling for below invoice? Can you give me an idea of a decent deal re. negotiated price? Thanks. Going in today...don't know if you can respond today! Doing my last minute preparation.
  • AS PER YOUR REQUEST
    Dealer claiming the residual value of only 51 vs 53 . I have top tier credit. is this a good deal

MSRP $38420.00
    2013 MAZDA CX-9 GRAND TOURING
    36 MONTHS
    10K PER YR
    0 TOTAL TO START
    PAYMENT $447.67 PLUS TAX OR $479.01 INC TAX
    RESIDUAL 51%
    MONEY FACTOR 0.00050
    CAP COST $35611.04
    :confuse:
  • The numbers don't quite line up for me. When I plug those numbers in I get ~$473/mo (without tax). If I use 53% I get $452, so he's probably using 53% or thereabouts. Assuming the cap cost is derived without any contribution on your part, that looks like about 7% discount, or only 3% if you assume the $1600 dealer incentive.

I am not sure what folks are getting for the 2013 GT right now, but it looks like the AWD were going for ~12% discount from MSRP earlier (http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1131db/3637#MSG3637).

Might be able to work on the sales price?
    Here's the final deal I got this weekend:

2013 CX-9 Touring with Tech Package
    $1000.00 out of pocket total towards incentives (including first payment, tax, tag, etc.)
    $359.00 a month (tax in)
    36 months/10,000 miles

I was able to take advantage of the $500 loyalty money and $2600.00 in incentives.

I also sold my old lease (which was at the end of the lease with 0 payments left) to CarMax. They offered me $2500.00 more there than Mazda dealer did, so I made money instead of paying money.
  • acbklynacbklyn Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    I also got the CX9 with entertainment package (plus roof rails+cross bars) yesterday. Don't think I got a great deal though looking at above #s.

paid all taxes/acquisition fee/doc fees up front - total about $2400.
    $266 per month, 36 months, 10000 miles
    $6500 trade in for 2004 Volvo XC 90

Including tax it would have been $319 a month. With the trade in though it should have been lower no? I must have miscalculated somewhere. MSRP was 40k and we agreed on $35250.
    If you have an iphone, you can download the tool I used during my negotiations. I think it cost me approx. $1.99. It's called iLeaseCarPro. It is a good lease calculator. You can plug in all the numbers.
  • Doesn't look all that bad to me if residual was 54% and MF was .00134. I calculate $266 using the trade in amount ($6500) to lower your cap cost to ~28,750.
  • Thanks - they told me the residual was 53 and money factor was .0006.
  • Hey Car_man,

I wanted to thank you for your posts above, they greatly helped me in analyzing the CX-9 and Ford Explorer which I compared.

Yesterday, I actually leased the CX-9 (and while it might not have been the best deal), I think it was a fair deal. I wanted to know what you thought:

From Wayne Mazda I received the following deal for a Sport CX-9 with the automatic seat package and wheel locks at 12K miles for 36 months.

$1,550 down - included all fees, 1st month's payment, etc.
    335 per month.

FYI, I was given $1,600 in incentives, the money factor was .ooo6 and the residual was 53%. There was no trade in.

By estimation we would up negotiation a cap price of approx $30,200 after incentives were deducted, which was a little higher then I though it should be.

Let me know what u think and I hope others will benefit from this info.

I have to say my initial impression are that the car is fun to drive, it lacks a little in the pick-up department but has great sightlines and handling.

Bobbyd
This discussion has been closed.