Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Wet Carpet from Leaks

13»

Comments

• cooldeezcooldeez Posts: 6
    What is the best way to send the photos to you?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,971
    If you'll put your pics on Flickr or tinypics or some other photo hosting site and link to them, then anyone visiting here in the future will be able to find and view them.

Thanks!

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Any chance I can get those pictures as well? Here's my email address: jakehodgkin@hotmail.com
  • Can you post the pictures for all of us. Thanks.
    I would love to...however I cant seem to figure out how. I have tried repeatedly to post a link but I doesnt seem to work on this forum. So instead of sending people on links to nowhere I figure I can send the picture pretty easy too...
  • cris45cris45 Posts: 1
    Hello Shooter, I have the same issue with my 05 pilot.. Any chance you can send me those pics too? criss42@live.com. THANKS!
  • I've got the same wet carpet issue. If you still have pics, can you send them to me?
  • My leak was caused by leaves coming in from the non-sealed engine compartment and piling up in the fender well just in front of the driver door (some on the passenger side, but not nearly as bad). Some genius engineer decided to run the drain for the sunroof down into the fender wells. Not all the way to the bottom - that would have actually made sense. The tube comes out several inches above the bottom of the well. Sooo, when the leaves filled up the bottom where the drain hole was - of course the water from the sunroof couldn't drain out so it backed up and into the floor of the passenger compartment. We cleaned all the leaves out and, cause we couldn't think of another way - used the expanding spray foam to seal where the leaves were coming in from the engine compartment. Yeah, it looks pretty hokey when you open the hood - but the carpets are dry and the car no longer floods or stinks! :-)
    edited October 2012
    Here is a link to the pictures I took during the repair process. I can still say that even now, my repair is still keeping the interior dry. I live in the NW so needless to say we have plenty of opportunities to test my repair. If you have any further questions please feel free to message me.

link">http://sdrv.ms/Tmrk4T
  • cooldeez - Could you send me pics/info on your leak repair please Thank you imaduner@yahoo.com
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,971
    The pics are still up at the link posted above.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

13»