Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,896

Well I always have my Sheetz card to get 3 cents off, and today the wife filled up at Giant using our bonus points and got 50 cents off B)

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,009
    edited March 15

Nice, I saved like $6 with my grocery credit back home. Heading for Buffalo via Niagara Falls, weather permitting, on Monday and want to try to get across Ontario without having to get petrol.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,755

@Stever@Edmunds said: Nice, I saved like $6 with my grocery credit back home. Heading for Buffalo via Niagara Falls, weather permitting, on Monday and want to try to get across Ontario without having to get petrol.

If you are in Tonawanda, don't ask a cop for the location of a gas station, He'll tell you there aren't any. :@

The nav is pretty good about finding them.

Gas stations, not cops.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Heh...Tonawanda is an interesting place when you're wandering around side streets.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 29,035

The good times are here for diesel owners. Prices for diesel have come down and gas not so much.

http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/ARCO_Gas_Stations/Carlsbad/23330/index.aspx

edited March 18

@gagrice said: The good times are here for diesel owners. Prices for diesel have come down and gas not so much.

I saw a sign the other day: RUG $3.659 Diesel $4.519

@explorerx4 said: I saw a sign the other day: RUG $3.659 Diesel $4.519

I would have to move. I just read where a large number of people in the NE are switching to wood for heat as fuel oil (diesel) is so expensive. Should make the air better to breath. :'(

Wood as a main heating source in homes has gained popularity in many areas of the country in recent years, but the increase is most notable in the Northeast. All nine states in the New England and the Middle Atlantic Census divisions saw at least a 50% jump from 2005 to 2012 in the number of households that rely on wood as the main heating source. As the use of fuel oil and kerosene in this region has declined in recent years, many households have turned to lower-cost alternatives, including wood.

http://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.cfm?id=15431

Haven't filled up yet, but the tank is getting low, here in NE Virginia at my sister's house. Regular is running $3.26 so that's a nice surprise. Quite a bit cheaper that it was in Pennsylvania. Sitting in a Denny's getting some work done but can't make out the diesel sign at the Shell next door - never buy a stone house in the country and expect to have any indoor cell coverage. My sister really needs to move. ;)

5 cent drop yesterday to $3.65 here... of course it happened AFTER I had to fill up in the morning at $3.69

As soon as 100 pennies stop being a dollar, I'll stop picking them up

And we have THIS going for us too

States with highest gas taxes

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,859

I noticed yesterday evening a local Chevron had PUG for 3.99, diesel for 3.95. Same trend as a year ago, before it fell apart in the summer.

@PFFlyer@Edmunds, our gas taxes are high in Michigan because salt isn't cheap.

Our taxes in CA are the highest and our roads among the worstest. Just because our politicians are inept and never met a tax they did not like. CA is leading the race to the bottom.

The Connecticut picture (#4) was taken very close to where I work.

edited March 21

We still have a "temporary" 10 cents on ours that was added to deal with all the extra snow removal in the winter of '94

I'm still looking for the dictionary with that definition of TEMPORARY

I prefer driving an SUV as protection from poorly maintained roads in CA. Others may just beef up their tires as protection.

$3.25 on the road, running about $3.17 for RUG around Chattanooga. Diesel has been between $3.81 and $4.09 along I-81 in VA/TN.

Maybe our prices have stayed up because it's tougher to move gas through the snow!

Another 2 cents to $3.63

Those savings are gonna add up fast now...uh huh

Got gas in Ducktown TN this afternoon for $3.25 at an Exxon. Wondered if I should have waited until we crossed over into N. Georgia, but was surprised to find higher gas prices in GA so I done good. Cheapest around the Helen area (outside the tourist "trap") was $3.35 for regular.

So, we must be a REAL tourist trap here since we're still at $3.63 B)

And it's not even a football weekend, lol. Gas in the tourist town is $3.55. Did stumble onto a homemade sausage and biscuit for $1.69 and fifty cent coffee while hunting for milk for the cooler, and got a morning hike in, so it's not all bad.

@Stever@Edmunds said: And it's not even a football weekend, lol. Gas in the tourist town is $3.55. Did stumble onto a homemade sausage and biscuit for $1.69 and fifty cent coffee while hunting for milk for the cooler, and got a morning hike in, so it's not all bad.

Cheapest RUG here is RONCO at $3.78. ARCO cash RUG is 3.95 and ULSD for $3.79

http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/ARCO_Gas_Stations/Carlsbad/23330/index.aspx

Ronco? You'd buy gas "as seen on TV?" B)

@Stever@Edmunds said: Ronco? You'd buy gas "as seen on TV?" B)

I wonder if that is the same guy? First time I saw that name attached to a gas station. Maybe you get a free Popeil Pocket Fishing rod with every fill-up.

edited March 29

Costco RUG took a big jump this week. I filled on Monday for $3.73 and today it is at $3.86. I can still get Chevron diesel for $3.89. No name diesel is $3.79. Still cheaper than last year this time.

$3.59 at the moment. An "event" weekend coming up, so I expect one of those "it's just supply and demand" bumps... even though the bump always seems to anticipate the demand

Up to $3.79 for regular here. Really snuck up there pretty fast. Must be getting close to summer driving season.