Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,927

Got some out of town for $3.19 and filled up a rental car near LAX a few days ago for $3.55.

In town, regular is still $3.39, diesel is $3.99 and premium is $4.09. Higher than lots of California, in other words.

• Michaell@EdmundsMichaell@Edmunds ColoradoPosts: 1,109

Here in Colorado,RUG at my local grocery store is $2.899/gal. Has bounced around quite a bit in the past couple of weeks. Was low as $2.849 then jumped up to $2.929 before settling in at $2.899.

michaell@edmunds.com

Moderator, Prices Paid and Leasing Experiences

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• I played gas price roulette and won. A few weeks ago, I filled up for the last time this year at $2.75. I kept watching the prices and figured that was probably the low point, and two days later, prices started creeping up again. I know I only saved a few cents, but it's about the game. :)

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808

Still hanging at $3.45 for RUG here in Happy Valley

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,680

Costco RUG lowest in San Diego is $3.41. Cheapest diesel is $3.85

edited December 2013

@gagrice said: Costco RUG lowest in San Diego is $3.41. Cheapest diesel is $3.85-

We bumped up from $3.35 to $3.49 just before Thanksgiving and haven't really looked back yet :(

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Prime football season for you eh?

They constantly deny that angle, but I've been here since 1974 and - what a coincidence - it seems to happen EVERY year

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Ours was $3.45 prior to Thanksgiving a dropped 4 cents after. The other Costco has stayed at $3.43 since before Thanksgiving. Around here you can have 50 cents difference in a couple blocks. Many stations charge another dime for using CC.

edited December 2013

Filled up the Subie last night in Marquette for $3.13 a gallon. Nice, because the cold has hammered my gas mileage. Saw Premium for $3.79 and diesel was $3.99.

I'm HOPING to get to 2014 with only one more fillup between the two cars!

PFFlyer@Edmunds

"Several weeks after gas prices in Michigan made a momentary dip to under $3 a gallon, they jumped to an average of $3.42 a gallon on Friday.

The increase, petroleum analysts said, was caused by production problems at a couple of Midwest refineries.

Michigan gas prices surge to average $3.42 a gallon amid production woes (Detroit Free Press)

Cheapest gas spotted driving home Thursday was $3.20; most stations around us are $3.39.

"Production woes"... nice one

Paid $3.39 in Clarks Ferry, PA (Harrisburg) this morning

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Had to head out of town again today - the locals popped a dime to $3.49. Managed to fill up (10 gallons) for $3.35 down the road. The cheapo place in Marquette fell a penny to $3.19 - definitely the outlier station this winter.

I'll be taking the northern route back home in the morning up the NE extension of the PA Turnpike and across I-80. My bet is that I'll see something more like $3.45

PFFlyer@Edmunds

You all should be thankful you got a little reprieve from high prices. Our bottom was $3.43 now back up to $3.49 at Costco with the discount stations at $3.59. That is about 10 miles away. We are seeing RUG at $3.67 and diesel at $4.29. Cheapest diesel still $3.87 at one station. All prices here in San Diego headed up.

Big bump from $3.39 to $3.55 here in Happy Valley :'(

PFFlyer@Edmunds

• fintailfintail Posts: 32,896

RUG at local Chevron went up a dime to 3.39, diesel still at 3.99 where it has been for maybe 6 months.

Had to chuckle this morning at a radio news report. To find money to repair roads and bridges in PA, they've passed a 9 cent per gallon tax on the wholesale price of gas, and the reporter said, "those costs MAY be passed on to consumers starting in 2014"

Really? Ya think so???

PFFlyer@Edmunds

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,696
    edited December 2013

@PFFlyer@Edmunds said: To find money to repair roads and bridges in PA, they've passed a 9 cent per gallon tax on the wholesale price of gas, and the reporter said, "those costs MAY be passed on to consumers starting in 2014" Really? Ya think so???

Not a doubt in my mind.

The real question is about how the current gas taxes, state and federal, have been diverted to other uses rather than roads and bridges, such as bike and hiking trails, parks, streetcar in Cincinnati, etc.. I'm not against bikes or trails, but they should be based on use of taxes that voters and users know are earmarked for such.

This message has been approved.