Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,678

A very safe bet on the part of that reporter. If it is like the raises in CA to the highest tax in the Nation on gas, don't count on getting your roads fixed. Here they use it like the general fund. And our roads get worse and worse. I really can see the difference when I make my trips cross country. I avoid the Interstates and take the roads less traveled. I should start a log on which states maintain their roads best. TX does a very good job.

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,663

The lowest price today in Alamogordo, NM, is $2.99 for RUG at the Texaco on N.White Sands Blvd. I might go grab some of that today because I have today and tomorrow off from work. I want ta go the 70 miles west to Las Cruces and enjoy some shopping. Won't be hard to convince my wife.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

Isn't the shopping better in El Paso? They have a Costco. Only a few more miles.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,449

in central ct... RUG is in the 3.60-3.70 range.

gaggrice...you're right, El Paso has many more stores, it's a city about 6-8 times larger population-wise than Las Cruces. But for some reason my wife doesn't like or perhaps "trust" us going to El Paso. We did visit the Zoo in El Paso, however, and we both enjoyed it a lot. I may present the idea to her again about going to El Paso. I'd rather head the extra 20 miles south and go to El Paso. I won't be going to Juarez for cheaper dental work, though. Too scary!

I am not fond of El Paso. I don't even like driving through there. I was just thinking of more shopping available. Las Cruces is probably a lot safer place to visit. One of our local Shell stations is up to $4.19 for RUG and $4.29 for Diesel.

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,964

Funny, we were skimming crime stats yesterday. Las Cruces is pretty high for property crimes. El Paso is one of the safest cities in the US on some other survey we read last year.

Iluv, I'm assuming that your regular is mostly 85 octane?

Stever, it is a lot of 85 octane but not all. Not sure of the percentages on that, I've just noticed a lot of 85 octane out here for sale. Yeah, we will go to Las Cruces if we go anywhere out of town tomorrow.

• Michaell@EdmundsMichaell@Edmunds ColoradoPosts: 1,155

Bump here in Colorado. Today RUG was $3.119 at the local grocery store. Paid $3.439 at Shell for PUG for the wife's SUV.

A couple of weeks ago RUG was $2.829 at the same grocery store station.

michaell@edmunds.com

Moderator, Prices Paid and Leasing Experiences

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808

Our wholesale tax bump here in PA is pretty solid, and SURPRISE, it looks like ALL of it got passed along to consumers. What a SHOCK.

9.5 cents on RUG, and almost 13 cents on diesel. And more increases planned for 2015 and beyond! Oh BOY

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

edited January 2

@gagrice said: You got another 20 cents to go if you want to keep up with CA. Correction 11 cents to catch us.

http://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas-overview/industry-economics/~/media/Files/Statistics/state-motor-fuel-taxes-report-summary.pdf

It's coming over the next few years. Planned increases nexgt year and two years after that for a total of at least 30 cents. It's also tied to inflation I think

PFFlyer@Edmunds

• jae5jae5 Posts: 1,205

We're averaging $3.50 for 87 octane, with stations near the xpress / highways $3.70. Must be the derailment in ND, perhaps the Bears losing last week, maybe b/c they forgot to make winter blend,

I think the underlying price of the gas dropped a bit as we're back down 4 cents to $3.55... at least until the next excuse for a bump... like the sun coming up :)

PFFlyer@Edmunds

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,964

Heh, we're holding at $3.49. Have a .21 cent per gallon grocery credit I need to take advantage of before the end of the month.

• jae5jae5 Posts: 1,205

I'm expecting another pump due to being buried in the snow up here and the -45* wind chill. We're being called Chiberia :'( due to the weather...

@jae5 said: I'm expecting another pump due to being buried in the snow up here and the -45* wind chill. We're being called Chiberia :'( due to the weather...

9 below right now in central PA with wind chills in the mid -30's

Glad I don't have to get out and fill up today!

PFFlyer@Edmunds

• Michaell@EdmundsMichaell@Edmunds ColoradoPosts: 1,155

Prices have not moved much here in Colorado. Local grocery store station is at $3.119 for RUG and $3.699 for ULSD.

And, we seem to be just outside the bubble of cold air affecting much of the US - our temp today is expected to be in the high 40's or low 50's. Everyone needs to stay safe and stay warm.

michaell@edmunds.com

Moderator, Prices Paid and Leasing Experiences

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited January 7

The lowest price for RUG here in Alamogordo, NM, is holding steady at $2.99/gal. That's at the Texaco on White Sands. Nice Texaco, groceries and goodies of pert-near all kinds plus a restaurant connected to it, too. Good place - it's at the north end of town near the Highway 82 intersection.

Yesterday the Mrs. and I finally took our little day trip. We passed the Aguirre Springs Park on the east side of the Organ Mountains and took note of it for another time. Soon. Great hikes there I read about on the net - one is 6 miles I believe, and the other one, the more popular one and with better views of the Tularosa Basin below, is about 4 miles. Pine Tree trail or something like that. Anyway, that destination will be on my list for the next set of 4 days off.

BTW-we went to the movies in Las Cruces. Saw 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty' starring and directed by Ben Stiller. Great movie, sort of like 'Forrest Gump', but set in NYC. His adventure ends up taking him to Greenland, Iceland and Afghanistan (a very mountainous part of that nation, complete with guides to take him to his destination) on his quest to find a LIFE photographer (played by Sean Penn) and locate a film negative and save his job in NYC. Wonderful, playful movie with some beautiful nature photography and entertaining story line.

I am surprised that Walter Mitty finally made it to the big screen. This is a remake from the original in 1947. It was first proposed in 1994 with Jim Carrey. Now 19 years later it finally comes out. Have to watch for it on DVD at the library. Cheapest RUG here is Costco $3.49 diesel at Union76 is $3.91