Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti QX4

Comments

• Did anyone purchase and install those front and bumper gurads on their QX4 2001 and above? 1-Do they enhance or distort the look of the car?
    2-If good then which looks nice on a silver colored QX4?
    Any idea what would be the best brand? Thanks.
  • jiaminjiamin Posts: 556
    I saw one 01 or 02 QX4 in a parking lot with the front Grille & Bumper guards. Watched it slowly drove out and hit the road. Forgot its color, but remember it's not black. To me it looks very good, agressive. It gave me a more solid feeling.
    The grill & Bumper guards itself is black and I think it's genuine Infiniti's.
  • Jack44Jack44 Posts: 221
    Unless you are hearding cattle and need to push the cows around...they look stupid...Especially those folks with their Range Rovers...
  • lcwoslcwos Posts: 35
    THIS IS FOR qx4guy and this October 5th post regarding hard starting/ cold weather.

the 1999/2000 model had a ton of TSB'S on it....and one was about hard starting in cold weather or at high altitudes. I have pasted the site for you below. I myself got sticker shock when I went to get a new drivers side seat belt for my 2000 Infiniti......my dog chewed half of the strap... well, they want $286.00, PLUS TAX, PLUS INSTALLATION!!!!!!! ARE THEY NUTS??? I have been trying to find some place on the web to check prices.......naturally, you cant find any. I just cant believe the price. Anyone out there have a "replacement seat belt site for Infiniti????...I can get fenders, radiators, headlamps, and everything else, but cant get a lousy " Infiniti" seat belt. It is a Lease and we must replace it before we turn it in. Anyway here is that link for the hard start problem.....FOR WIND NOISE....I also saw a TSB on that for the 2002. You would have to go to a different link at www.alldata.com for the specifit TSB number and date issued.
    hope this helps some other owners out there
    http://www.alldata.com/TSB/76/99760110.html
  • 29632963 Posts: 37
    The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has a great web-site with valuable information regarding technical service bulletins (as well as other safety-related concerns) for vehicles.

Their address is: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/

Click on the TSB portion, and you'll be prompted to input specific info. regarding your vehicle. The best part is that you don't have to pay a subscription fee (as you would for info. available through the "Alldata" link above). Additionally, NHTSA is now scanning the actual bulletins in PDF format, and you can view and print these items from your own computer (assuming you have Adobe Acrobat installed).

Check it out; there's some good info. related to the QX4...

• 29632963 Posts: 37
    Forgot to mention that in reading up a little more on the benefits of Infiniti's "all-mode 4WD", I think I'll be upgrading from the 2WD to 4WD version when it comes time to purchase.

Seems to make sense from a safety standpoint, as well as being able to enjoy the benefits of 4WD when needed (which in my case, probably won't be that often). Given the rainy season and general road hazards found at any given time on Southern California freeways, I like the idea of leaving the drivetrain in "auto" mode and letting the technology kick-in when needed.

Of course, when it comes time to purchase (early next year), Infiniti will be introducing the new FX45 "cross-over" sports car / SUV; hmmmmmm...
  • lcwoslcwos Posts: 35
    It is a nice site,but it does not give you ALL the service bulletins relating to a vehicle....That's why I like the "alldata" site. You can at least get an overview of problems immediately, for any make or model......and the NTSB site wanted $35.00 for a copy of a bulletin, so it is not all free...... Anyway, the more sites with TSB and RECALL info that you can research, the better.....too many times the dealership gives you that " I dont know of any problems.....or "we have not been advised of any problems"... yet there are TSB's out there.
  • I am 2002 Pathfinder owner,but I was just wondering if any of infinti owners have problem with dash rattling noise.If it does than I don't wanna buy QX4. It's really annoying.
    A pretty good site for Infiniti information, recalls, etc. is www.infinitihelp.com....
    I posted before that my 02 QX4 had only one rattle, the long piece of vent next to the front windshield. When it was rattling, I pressed it down and no more rattle. Squeezed some sponge into the gap between this vent piece and rest of the dash just deep enough not to been seen. After that NO rattle at all. Infiniti should take care of that but it's a piece of cake for anybody to fix. Overall in terms of rattle, my QX4 is better than my 00 RX300.
  • bigorange30bigorange30 Posts: 1,091
    With the prices they get for parts, they should be able to pay you handsomly for it. You could probably make a living off of just that part.
    Infiniti will buy my sponge.
    There are many plastic pieces that butt together where rattle could occur. Sponge or the like as an interface work well. In my gone 96 Maxima, I used to apply sponge, tape or so in many places, and it made almost all little rattles and squeaks go away.
  • I am thinking of buying a 1999 QX4 but it sounds like the engine is a little bit loud. I have a Lexus and the engine is so quiet. I just have some reservations and was hoping for some feedback from any 1999 QX4 owner.
  • I would difinitely go for a QX4 2001 and above models. The engine is much better (240 Hoirse power as opposed to 170). I am sure you will be able to find used one by now. Cheers.
  • spudgalspudgal Posts: 35
    on my '02. The dealer has ordered the part and will call me when it comes in. They told me it had warped. Only tracked the culprit down when we took it off-road.

Even if you don't take the Q offroad, 4wd is really nice. Water on the roads in Vegas turns the streets really slippy, and the auto system works seamlessly. It's nothing like the 4wd on the pickup we had. Being rear wheel drive, I could imagine the backend getting away VERY easily without it.
  • How is everyone's gas mileage? I have 700 miles on the car and the last two tanks I'm only getting around 11-12 mpg. That seems extremely low for a V6, especially when I'm pretty gentle with the gas pedal.
  • bigorange30bigorange30 Posts: 1,091
    I now have 13 K on my 2002. I got about 14 average city mpg for the first 3.5 K. Then I changed to Mobil1 synthetic oil and I went to 15.5 mpg. I would consider myself not so easy on the gas pedal.
    Just filled gas and calculated last MPG, 100% city drive, with 89 octane gas. It's 14.4 mpg.
  • couimetcouimet Posts: 130
    I have 3500 miles on my new QX4. With 50/50 City/Hyway, I'm averaging 16.9 mpg (US gal) on 92 Octane. Roughly 18 mpg on the Highway on roughly 16.5 in the City ...
  • I purchased an 1999 Infiniti QX4 six months ago and have been very pleased. HOWEVER, I seem to have the same mysterious rattling in the front passenger-side dash (reference conversation between JIAMIN and PATHFINDER13). Unfortunately it is not from anything being loose on the dash (ie vent- so sponge will not work...) or anything in the glove box. I have taken it into Infinity and they said they removed "something" and all should be fine. It's not......the annoying noise persists...Am I alone?
    Yes recently I found rattle from front passenger side. Recalled I tried removing the glove box thing to take a look at the microfiltration but didn't go all the way into it. Maybe I developed it.
  • I have 3600 miles on my new QX4. With 50/50 City/Highway, I'm averaging 16.5 mpg on 92 Octane. The only problem that bothers me is that when the gas tank reaches 16 gallons (empty) the empty gas tank light goes on. I counted and with light on I have about 5 gallons left, which is about 82 miles of driving that I could still do. In all my other cars empty light goes on when 2 or 3 gallons left.
  • I have a 2002 Black QX4. I love the car, great price, ride and dealer experience. My question is does anyone know if Infiniti sells extender straps for using the "Latch" system to secure a rear facing child's car seat? The child seat works great but the Latch system makes it a no brainer to secure and remove if needed.
    Thanks
  • Hi,

Need your help please. Both of my 1998QX4 tail lights need to be replaced(both cracked). If anyone knows any reliable dealership or website which sells original parts for a very good price.
    Thanks a lot.
  • yoeddyyoeddy Posts: 46
    Hi Folks,

I have a '01 QX4 w/ Bridgestone Dueler HT tires w/ 40k miles. I'm pretty sure I can get another 10k out of them but they are horrible in slick/snow conditions (always have). So, I'm thinking of purchasing some Michelin Cross Terrain Tires $133/ea thru Tirerack. Use the Cross Terrains thru the winter, maybe switchback to the Duelers in the spring and switch back to the Michelins when the Duelers have to be replaced.

Anybody have the Cross Terrain's? Any opinons?

Thx
    Can't directly comment on the Cross Terrains but I have a '01 QX4 bought in July of 2000 and it came with Michelin LTX tires [245/65 17]...Have about 22,000 on them and can hardly see any wear....Reasonably quiet and a nice ride and work great in mud ...I would go for the Michelins over the Bridestones...
    When I turn fog lights on, either looking on the road from driver's seat or looking into the lights from front of the car, the fog lights are not bright at all compared with the HID.
    Is this fog light really useful when it's very foggy? Or, has anyone upgraded it to some HID type?

Thanks.
  • In response to Erick's post #1402; Campaign ITB97-026 provides FREE rear shocks & springs if you complain to the service writer that your Q bottoms out when fully loaded. Mention that and the campaign number and it's your's FREE.
  • My wife drives our 2001 QX4. We bought it new and have had no problems until now. A few weeks ago, it started pinging on 89 octane. She brought it to the dealer and he installed what he called a coil...A0001 and fuel injection cleaner..999MP-AM103P. She has had no problems since but the work was just recently completed, so there is no way to tell for sure. There were also a few other parts listed on the service receipt record.
    Has anyone else had this happen?
    Never heard of it...But, you may want to use premium gas as it will run better...and not screw up the computer...