Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Eos Navigation System

2»

Comments

• patyoungscpatyoungsc Posts: 4
    Can you still use the iPod controls with this connection? I have found that other systems just don't actually work as well as the touch controls on the iPod touch. It would be nice to be able to use either interface.

Thanks
  • ikramericaikramerica Posts: 95
    No. You must use the headunit. Now, if you have the Nav system, it works very well. There is no need for using the iPod controls (except there is no On The Go).

If you insist on using it the old fashioned way, hook it up via mini-stereo cable to the aux input, connect a power adapter to the power port, and voila. But I don't know why you'd want to do that.
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    Navteq has released version 2M for the RNS-510. You can't use this in a MFD2 nor can you use a MFD2 map disc. It's about $199 but there is no copy protection and you can resell this disc to another owner fairly easily.
  • My wife and I just picked up our 09 Eos. We are very happy with this car but it was the only one on the lot and we didn't want to wait so we took it! The only problem is that we do a lot of traveling and it did not come with the nav system. We are thinking about having a unit by Rosen installed. The cost is just under the dealer price for the factory system (1799.00). Anyone out there have any experience with this system?
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    Changes are coming to RNS-510 that will greatly enhance it. Changes include SDHC support for newer units, HD Radio Subchannels, Speed Limits, displays a clock when not in use, and maybe voice command.
  • Any idea when this will happen? I just got an '09 Eos but got an "IOU" to have nav added. I'm tempted to put off getting that done if this'll be sometime soon....
2»