Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Discovery and Discovery II

Comments

• buroskyburosky Posts: 89
    Is there a hood deflector or bra available for the DII? Does anyone know where to get it? The paint on the front side of the hood on mine is getting a lot of chips from road debris. Worst yet, the windshield is getting messed up as well. I know the deflector may not help much but at least it will take care of the lighter, smaller stuff. If possible, please include websites. I've searched quite a bit on the web but couldn't find a shop that carries either. By the way, anyone know where I could get a great deal on side boards (preferrably L/R original equipment)?
  • tincup47tincup47 Posts: 1,508
    Has Bra's and Hood deflectors.
    www.roverparts.com
  • cwigintoncwiginton Posts: 14
    When we used our infant seat (rear facing), we didn't have a problem with it fitting behind the front seats. However, now that Junior has gotten too big for his infant carrier, we have switched to a convertible rearward facing Britax seat and I have had to put it in the middle of the back seat.

I guess my answer to your question is if you can get away with using an infant seat, you should probably be able to make it fit on one side of the back seat and put the forward facing on the other side. If you are having to use the convertible seat for rearward facing, you may have to see if you can fit one in the middle and one in one of the outboard rear seats.

Hope this helps.

Christopher

P.S. The infant seat that my wife and I used was the Century SmartFit Plus
  • grover4grover4 Posts: 10
    tincup
    we are looking at buying a new discovery with
    vin #1A292277.

thanks for the info.

grover4
    It was built on 07/11/00
  • phefferpheffer Posts: 4
    Any issues with this year? I have found a 96 discovery SE7 loaded with only 22,000 miles and a price tag of 17,900. The vin is 1546963.
    I need the last eight of the vin, what you posted does not come up. For a 96 MY it should Have the letter T (96) then 7 numbers.
    Tincup,

Its SALJY1244TA196020.

Thanks for any information you might be able to provide.

Jeff
    Well, the vin description I gave shows I'm human. Oops. It is 2 letters then six numbers. The Discovery you're looking at was built 03/20/96. No major repairs under warranty, just a few leaks and adjustments.
    Tincup,

Its SALJY1244TA196020.

Thanks for any information you might be able to provide.

Jeff
    Should I be concerned that it was built about 1 year ago. Also the car has front guards which we do not want (the dealer will take it off). Should we take this one or try to find a different one without the guards on?
  • odiopusodiopus Posts: 47
    Anyone hear anything on the Disco '02?

Could not find any info. confirming any changes for the Disco '02, but I did find a nice Pic of the 2002 Range Rover...

http://home.online.no/~rolfmm/grafikk/2002RR.jpg

Paul

• mdimeomdimeo Posts: 1
    Hi all,

In case you are wondering what is happening to Land rover here is the latest news I got from my dealer.

Production on all models is being delayed...

The defender is having an update because it did not meet the latest safety standards any more, production stopped at the moment, will also get a 7% price increase.

The Freelander, delivery is 8 Months, 3.5% price increase.

Discovery: Delivery time is now 7 to 8 Months (was 4 Months) so something seems to be changed on the model 2002 line. Price increase of 4% more info not known.

Range Rover: no news heard.

this was from an official Land Rover letter to all Belgian dealers.
    This has no bearing on NAS vehicles
  • sr96sr96 Posts: 3
    Tincup,

Someone just told me that my '98 was actually built in '97. Could you please check?
    SALJY1247WA759680

Thanks a lot!
    Your's was built 11/04/97. Remember automobile model years do not follow calender years. Look at all the 2002 models you can buy now.
  • janssen99janssen99 Posts: 2
    Tincup, could you please chech the vin number for a DII I am close to purchasing. Looking for the birdate and to see if there are any historical concerns on it's record? Thanks

XA212663
    I am new to Land Rovers and am in the market to purchase one used. Is there a place that I can go to look at the various years and get information on problems and the various descriptions of the different models from year to year?
    It was built on 02/23/99, no major repairs done.
    What is the average time from build date to sale?

Also wondering whether removal of the front guards will cause any damage to the car?

Thanks in advance for the info.