Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Town Car Electrical Problems

18910111214»

Comments

• bartbarterbartbarter Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Perhaps the IAC (idle air control) valve? Common problem, but I don't know if it's ever intermittent.

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00187.html

Your car doesn't have any wires but I believe the unit is in the same place.

Couple of bolts, clean with carb cleaner or wd 40 or replace with Motorcraft unit.

Hope that's it, good luck.
  • nwraaanwraaa Posts: 159
    Suggest that you clean the mass air flow sensor. Be careful while cleaning it. A squirt of electrical parts cleaner is usually enough to clean the little wires in the unit.
  • All lights work.....all fuses are fine. When I try to use the turn signal it doesn't flash. My mechanic says the LCM needs to be replaced...$750 at dealer...or junkyard then extra to have it re-programmed.

Is there anything simpler and cheaper to try first? My dash lights have been flashing on/off for a few years now also.....so if the LCM is indeed bad and more problems will soon happen...maybe I should replace the LCM anyway?

Also...is there anyway to determine if a used LCM is compatible or working....BEFORE I install it and pay the additional re-programming fee?

THANKS!
  • found a used LCM....$200 later all is good......so far
  • javpjavp Posts: 1
    Yesterday i was changing a fuse on my 01 TC, everything was fine until a few minutes later, all my interior lights started going on and off and now i am unable to turn the car on, and all of the dashboard switches went crazy, (odometer, gas reading, temp) I can hear a noise coming from one of the relay fuses, may that be the problem??
  • w9r1w9r1 Posts: 15
    Usually stuff like that in my experience has been the result of a bad battery OR a bad battery connection. Carefully check and clean the battery cable connections if they're corroded.

Good luck...Ed
  • Where can I get a replacement for the driver's side door pull with fake wood decorative backup. My fake wood is all scratched up from my fingernails, and the leather-coated pull is wearing thin. 2003 Town Car.
  • nwraaanwraaa Posts: 159
    You may be able to find a good one in an auto salvage yard. Also one may be listed on E-Bay.
  • I have a 2011 Town Car Signature Series and the low beam headlights stopped working. I have high beams that work and parking lights but no low beam. What could cause this?
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,305
    When you have less than 50,000 on the odometer, the factory warranty should be excersized.
  • That is out as an option. currently have 80K+
  • dc4bamadc4bama Posts: 4

I have a 2001 Town Car and my speedometer stopped working. Tachometer not working either. Anyone know how to remove and replace speedometer cluster.... Any help would be appreciated....

18910111214»