Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 772
    Unless GM has changed the incentive over the last two weeks, the amount varies by model. It was only $500 for the G6 as recently as Feb 20th.
  • aroxasaroxas Posts: 10
    I located a loaded SLT2 AWD in dealer inventory (Norther NJ)in www.gmsupplierdiscount.com. I have a supplier discount.

The MSRP comes to $44,965.00. The supplier Price right under it is $42,047.03. When you click on the Window Sticker, a lower supplier price $40,092.90 shows up. At what price can I get the car?

One dealer tells me that I have to pay the 42K number because it includes advertising fees, etc for the dealership. Is this true?
  • michigalmichigal Posts: 11
    So far, I know about Costco, Autoantage, Edmunds, & Gmbuypower as ways to compute invoice & MSRP costs, and to invite or acquire competitive dealer quotes. I am ready to buy an Acadia SLT-2, & I wonder if it makes sense to use more than one, or if there is a 'best' one to use?
  • Ordered a carbon metallic with ebony leather AWD Acadia SLT 1. Additional options include dual skyscape sunroof, convenience package, trailering, cargo package, power liftgate, heads up display, 8 passenger seating, cargo area audio controls, 115 v 3 prong power outlet, XM radio, heated windshield washer and 2 years of Onstar.

Net of incentives, $34,513.83. dealer profit $225 ordered price of $34,738 versus MSRP of $39,024 (plus $399 for 2nd year of onstar)
  • ppalonskyppalonsky Posts: 34
    What incentives did you qualify for on this deal? Based on Edmunds pricing, invoice (without advertising fee) is $36,215.
  • michigalmichigal Posts: 11
    Sounds like an exceptional deal! did you get an employee discount? who was your dealer? Please give us some more info, if you don't mind.
    For the Acadia that I am interested in - AWD Acadia SLT-2 with tow pkg, prem paint, & 8-pass seating (-$411)- the Edmunds TMV, is a paltry $72 under MSRP (invoice is $2544 below MSRP of $38780 (Invoice is $36,236.)
  • mannymrmannymr Posts: 2
    Anyone hear that Diamond White is on restriction? What does that mean: i.e. did they have problems with that color?
  • hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    Blue gold is on restriction as well.
  • aroxasaroxas Posts: 10
    What does "on restriction" mean? I can't put in an order for that color?
    You can order it, but it won't get scheduled for production until the restriction is lifted.
  • loachloach Posts: 246
    According to someone on another forum, the blue-gold restriction was lifted and white-diamond is the only color that is still not being produced. I have seen pictures from Acadia owners in every color except white diamond.
    My restriction information was about a week and a half old, so it may well have changed by now.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,014
    A reporter with a national newspaper is hoping to talk to consumers who currently are or just recently purchased a new vehicle and factored or will factor in where the car was made (i.e. made in the USA). Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, March 16, 2007 with your daytime contact info.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• sox83sox83 Posts: 2
    For everyone's reading pleasure... here's the deal I got this morning on my Acadia. Spent about 4 weeks waiting for a decent amount of inventory in the Atlanta area before feeling like I had a few options.

Carbon Metallic with Titanium interior - SLT2 with nav, dvd, hud - front wheel drive.

MSRP $42,965
    SELL PRICE: $40,373
    PLUS DOC FEE: $395
    LESS $1,000 CONQUEST REBATE (GOT BLACK BOOK FOR MY TRADE)
    LESS $2,200 GM CARD

Also purchased the GM Extended bumper to bumper (60mo/60k miles) warranty for $1000.

Thoroughly enjoyed all of the people I came in contact with at Capital Buick, Pontiac, GMC.
  • selooseloo Posts: 606
    Congrats.

Looks like you did well.

I really hate those Doc Fees ,it is just plain BS!

Enjoy your new car.

I am still not sure why others would pay MSRP for the Outlook?

Very odd.
  • zplnfanzplnfan Posts: 18
    I just saw a Diamond White at the Reno dealership when checking the inventory online. Apparently, they are now out there.
    Yep, just saw pics from a new owner on another forum.
  • hschehsche Posts: 9
    I had been told by GM Card that the max GM card earnings you can use on an Acadia is $1,000. Is that information wrong, or is there away around the maximum? Thanks and Enjoy!
    I had been told by GM Card that the max GM card earnings you can use on an Acadia is $1,000. Is that information wrong, or is there away around the maximum? Thanks and Enjoy!

It depends on whether you have the original or "old" GM Card or the "new" GM Card. The "new" GM Card (which is not really new, it's just newer) has maximum allowances for each vehicle. It also doesn't limit how much you can earn in any one year.

The "old" card is limited to $500 earnings per year, up to a maximum of 7 years or $3500 total at any one time. You can apply these earnings to any eligible vehicle - no allowances.

I got my card in 1990 and never switched it to the new card, so I have the old card. GM Card customer service can tell you which card you have.
  • sox83sox83 Posts: 2
    I was able to apply $2200 from an old GM Gold card on my Acadia... it took the dealership a phone call to GM Card Services before they sorted it all out.
  • jrocco001jrocco001 Posts: 17
    I have the "old" Platinum card...they only honored $1000 in my earnings (I only had $1023 anyway), but they did allow me another $1000 in "bonus" earnings that were part of a marketing campaign.
    Buyers on another forum who have the "old" GM Card are all reporting that they were able to apply the full amount of the their earnings (up to the $3500 maximum that can be on the card at any one time) on the purchase of their Acadias - no limits. "New" cardholders are subject to the $1,000 limit.
  • flyboy8flyboy8 Posts: 2
    I was wondering if anyone has purchased an Acadia lately and has gotten the Edmunds invoice price or the Edmunds invoice plus $500. Or if they are going for the dealer invoice( which include advertising fees etc) plus $500 or so.
  • winedogswinedogs Posts: 102
    I am curious to see what kind of pricing new Acadia buyers are getting?
  • metmdxmetmdx Posts: 255
    The question of the day is; do you all think that getting something better than GM Supplier pricing (i.e. about 500 over invoice) is possible on the Acadia? :confuse:
  • cravenfancravenfan Posts: 11
    I think supplier pricing is about $148 under invoice, at least on the SLT1 I priced out today with the dealer. :shades:
  • Negotiated an SLT-2 AWD for a shade under dealer invoice (w/o rebates,etc.)...and even that took a while.
  • lsouterlsouter Posts: 13
    Has anyone had experience purchasing the ACADIA using GM Supplier pricing AND getting the $1000 conquest cash available? I think I may have a delaer who is pulling my leg - as they say you can't combine the supplier discount and the conquest cash. Thanks!
  • sboyd1sboyd1 Posts: 13
    Mine told me the same thing, and I tend to believe him. He was trying to give me supplier pricing + Conquest and the computer wouldn't let him. Could it have all been a big game? Of course, but since we had already agreed on a price for the car that was about $70 higher than supplier pricing it didn't bother me too much.
    I've heard the way some people have gotten around this is that their dealers were willing to give them a deal at or near supplier pricing without calling it "supplier pricing". Then they were able to give the Conquest cash as well.