Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Blazer/GMC Jimmy

Comments

• Did anyone ever figure out what this is? Roughly the same thing minus the speedometer is happening in my 96 Jimmy.

Its a thing of once its good and warmed up (driving more than 10 miles) and you stop and then start to go and make a turn..the ABS light comes on and its like you have it neutral instead of drive. If you downshift to 2nd you can go. Once you turn it off and park and let it cool off the light is gone and it drives normally.
  • 86jimmy86jimmy Posts: 3
    As for my problem with the 86 jimmy I figured it out it was the throttle position sensor(TPS) hope this helps someone else :shades:
  • eli98eli98 Posts: 3
    I have a 1995 Chevy S-10 Blazer with a 4.3L V6 VORTEC. The SES light has come on and it is idling rough. Could it be my EGR valve that has gone out? I am also having trouble with my brakes. I have to literally stand on them to get the pedal to budge. My wife took it to a mechanic and they adjusted the idle, so now it is idling at 3000rpms but the brakes work. What do I have to do to adjust the idle back down? I am at a loss, any input would be greatly appreciated. :sick:
  • Hi I just bought a 2002 Blazer and the morning after I brought it home.
    I started it up and when I started to drive away I noticed a roaring in the engine & there was no pep in the truck. After the truck warms up everything is fine. The Dealer said that this was normal, Blazers do that....He also said that his 2004 trailBlazer does the same thing.
    Now for my Question,,,,,, Is this Guy on the level with me or is this a known problem. :confuse:
  • mich1mich1 Posts: 1
    Is this car reliable? No - read the postings.
    How is the gas mileage? Second Mortgage, I've recently heard that the larger SUV's are easier on fuel.
    What's the fair market value? GM is practically giving them away. Buy new. That way if anything goes wrong you have the warranty to fall back on.
    Is there any common problems I should look for? Please do your research before buying. This is not a cheap vehicle to fix.
    How does it handle in the winter? Hmmm, in the snow... imagine a crazy carpet with wheels.
  • cjn1111cjn1111 Posts: 1
    I have a 1997 Jimmy and It will shift to second but will not shift to a higher gear. Can anyone shed some light on this problem
  • timbemistimbemis Posts: 6
    I too have the exact same issue man only difference is i own a 96 blazer it can go through reverse 1st and 2nd but no higher? Anybody?
    I just have the strange feeling this is a common problem.
    Well i Didn't see a answer either so I dropped mine off at the local transmission shop today.
    They are charging me $325.00 just to pull it out and tell me from there what is wrong with it.
    I'll keep you posted bud of what they found and how much it was to fix.
    Ok heres the bad news there is internal damage to this transmission.
    Aamco transmission is rebuilding it for a flat fee of 1295.00 thats labor and parts.
  • nyblazernyblazer Posts: 2
    I have the roar too. I see no problem with it It seems to be coming from the air intake. After about a block or so, it mellows out. Dealers will tell you its normal... The fact is that if it did it on a new blazer, it would be in service and repaired or I'd sue the dealer! Something tells me that its the heat riser, but im not even sure the truck has one! And yes, there is no pep during this interval.
  • Hey,I have a 2000 chevrolet blazer and every morning when I get up to go to work my blazer does the same thing so yes it is normal and yes your dealer is on the right track...

I hope this helps,
    Jared :shades:
  • turbo5turbo5 Posts: 2
    when sitting over night and started the following morning, a white puff of smoke comes out of the exhaust. for the next fifteen minutes the engines roars when i accelerate .....(loss of power), the rpms stay normal but it feels like the transmission doesn't want to shift. drives fine other than that except when trying to merge into traffic. Is a problem with the tranny. or is something i'm overlooking
    Bad news man the thing is smoked it cost me 2476.00 to have them rebuild it too.
    And i have to bring it back beccause the upper transmission line going to the radiator is leeking to the point i can see puddles anywhere i go now.
  • ckercherckercher Posts: 1
    I am unable to open the rear hatch. The solenoid appears to be working because when you press the hatch release button it makes the normal sound. However, the hatch does not open. I removed the inner panel on the tailgate and the latch does not move when the button is pressed. I followed the directions in the owner's manual to "manually" release the hatch, to no avail.

Any suggestions?
  • geri123geri123 Posts: 1
    well the brakes work on a power assist module that works off your manifold. I had the same thing with the back pressure and the part is easy to replace. Hopefully you have already gotten this fixed by now.
  • qreboundqrebound Posts: 1
    We have been having similar problems, and we ave already diagnosed it (dont have time to read all the posts in this thread, as we are in the middle of a move to florida) and we need to know where the Speed Sensor is located. Thank you for your time.
  • johnny14johnny14 Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 blazer and i can put it in fourwheel drive and it all works but the frount hubs want lock. Has anyone had this happen and can tell me what is wrong :cry:
  • frogskinfrogskin Posts: 1
    I'm having the same problem...
    Get this. i bring it in to a transmission shop,,Thinking it might be transmission problems. Right!

They call me back saying my alternator is fried and can't do proper tests.
    I knew my alternator was in need of a change so I tell them to go ahead (I had no time to get to this so I told myself what the heck).

They call me saying all is fine and it must of been related to this alternator.
    I pick up the truck and sure enoughas soon as it gets hot my speedo goes out, My abs light turns on and it feels like I only have 2 gears... ?

Take in consideration that previous to this I had just noticed that my transmission fluid was dangerously low and then I went ahead and over filled it.

If anybody can help... It would be apreciated.
    I wont spend 1700$ on a transmission. I'll sell the truck as is before anything else, unless I can figure out what the problem is. (when it's cold it runs great)
  • casprtfgcasprtfg Posts: 1
    I also have the roar, I just purchased My 2002 blazer a few days ago and I intend to bring it back to the dealer in a few days to get this checked out. Doesn't seem to me that this would be a normal condition, power loss and loud engine noise? I doubt chevy sent them out of the factory that way, or intended them to in any case.