Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LX 470

Comments

• ichiban470ichiban470 Posts: 45
    Hello Everyone,
    Just a note for all of you LX owners on what Japan's LX has and what our LX's do not. There are not that many differences except headlamp washers, a left front quarter panel side mirror, and cooler inside the center consul (that is why we have a power outlet there!). I do wish they would have offered them here as a option but to late now!
    Japan also offers a aftermarket aero-body kit for the LX but my opinion is that it makes the LX look like the "HULK" and not the upper class vehicle that it is. Saw the "Navigation" for the 2001 and it look good for those who would need navigation. No "Xenion" lights on the 2001's and I could not find any kits offered yet. I go back every other year so I'll keep checking with my contacts and post if I locate some.
    For those interested in purchasing the Edmunds #1 rated SUV, contact Brad Salyers @ Longo Lexus (El Monte, California) (800)92-LONGO. Bought my LX470 from this man with every option listed! Check my old posts and see how much I saved !
  • circacscircacs Posts: 1
    Mac,
    You asked to e-mail you....let's see what you got.
    I'm ready for under $54K. Let me know ASAP...I'm ready to rock & roll!
    Circacs
  • gluonggluong Posts: 1
    I am looking for lx470. please let me know and my email address is gluong@iwon.com
  • rewyllysrewyllys Posts: 24
    I'm wondering whether anyone here has had experience with installing a radar detector in an LX470. I'd like to know where you placed it--on the dash, on the windshield, behind the grill--and how it has worked.

Thanks in advance for your information.
  • I highly recommend the K-40 radar for the LX470. I've seen it installed in many customers vehicles here and it works GREAT! Uses a license plate frame device in front and rear detectors as well, it's pricey, but my customers say definitely worth every penny! It's a complete custom installation with LED's placed into the dash!

You must check it out!
    Bill Mullen

If you want advice regarding pricing information please call or e-mail. Availability at the end of year is your only obstacle.
  • gbhoppergbhopper Posts: 9
    Bill do you have any inside info or thoughts on what we will see on the 2001 LX470. Price and options ??
  • hayabusahayabusa Posts: 26
    Got these pics from the Japanese Toyota website. I think these are 2000's and not 2001 models.
    These are from the Aristo(GS):

This is from the Windom(ES):

And these are from the Land Cruiser Cygnus(LX):

Thanks for the pictures.I see lots of changes if you study them.
  • ichiban470ichiban470 Posts: 45
    2001 will get this but I don't know if the Nav screen will look the same? Diff. programming.
  • DVD based Nav...? Wheels? We will not have any pricing info till x3wks before LX's arrive...

Bill
  • netmiaminetmiami Posts: 13
    Bill,

Looks like we will see you later on this Sat. to finalize the paper work and pick up the 2000 LX 470. So far....you make it buying an LX 470 online PAINLESS......I look forward to have the same PAINLESS process when we show up at your dealership Sat. to complete the process.

See ya,

netmiami

p.s. By the way Bill had the LOWEST price of all and the FASTEST RESPONSE (just in time for my wife's birthday present)......even the other internet buying services and ALL OTHER LEXUS dealers in FL and elsewhere.
  • vbentleyvbentley Posts: 21
    Thanks to all of you for providing some great information!

Until seeing pictures of the Sequoia, we had decided on the LX470 over the Landcruiser for its ride and more refined feel. With the Sequoia, it would appear that Toyota is creating a real product positioning and relative value dilemma. Upon seeing pictures and specs of Toyota’s new Sequoia, I was wondering if others who might be considering the LX470/LC are having similar thoughts:

Specs of Sequoia vs. LX470/LC:

* Length: 203.9 vs. 192.5 (Sequoia by 11.4 – The LX/LC really could use a few more inches of middle/rear seat room)
    * Width: 78.0 vs. 76.4 (Sequoia by 1.6)
    Height: 74.0 vs. 72.8 (Sequoia by 1.2)
    * Wheelbase: 118.1 vs. 112.2 (Sequoia by 5.9)
    Ground Clearance: 11.0 vs. 9.8 (Sequoia by 1.2)
    * Horsepower: 240 vs. 230 (Sequoia by 10 with identical engines)
    * Torque: 315# vs. 320# (LX470 by 5#)
    * Appearance: I give this to the LX470 but is it enough to justify such the huge price difference? There are several sites on Edmunds, which have Sequoia pictures/specs.
    * Price: Approx. $35K vs $60K (Sequoia by $25K!)
    * Ride: No doubt the LX470 will be smoother and quieter but is it worth $25,000? I can buy a lot of after market sound deadenng material for this much money!
    * Safety: Sequoia will have side airbags and 2000 LX/LC does not. 2001's should correct this oversight.
    * Availability: November or December for the Sequoia at MSRP vs. now for the LX470 (as a 2000 with some discounts or in a couple months as a 2001 with side airbags, GPS and who knows what else - to differentiate it from it’s less expensive cousins).
    * First year problems: Sequoia could experience these as it is built in USA. LX470 is built in Japan and has the bugs worked out.
    * Dealer network, service and customer care: Advantage Lexus here, no question.

Thoughts of those who own or are also considering a LX470/LC purchase or are on a Sequoia "wait list" would be very much appreciated!
  • edwardt1edwardt1 Posts: 20
    I too am debating the same question. Is the LX really worth the additional twenty to twenty five thousand dollar difference. I especially like the fact that the Sequoia will be a little larger. I use to own a Expedition Eddie Bauer and liked the larger size. I personally think that the question for me will be iss the legendary Lexus service worth the premium price. I have never purchased a Lexus, but my friends who have love the service. Most of them have been repeat buyers. I test drove a Tundra several months ago when I was in the market for a full size pickup. The truck drove very well. I'm sure that the Sequioa will drive and ride very well.
  • netmiaminetmiami Posts: 13
    I guess it depends on what you are comfortable with and need (want????).
  • mghmgh Posts: 43
    Take a note on this, the Sequoia is going to be 2WD @ this price (35k) A good reliable source says that 4X4 is not going to be available right away. And the price is going to be different.
    Remember that the Sequoia is nothing more than a Glorified TUNDRA. I hope this helps vbentley and edwardt1.
    Sincerely,
    MG
  • edwardt1edwardt1 Posts: 20
    I know what I most likely will do and that is purchase a 2001 LX 470. My wife will probably settle for nothing less. She currently drives a 98 Eddie Bauer Explorer. It does not even begin to compare to the 470. She loved the 470 with the exception of the price. It is quite expensive when compared to the competition but in truth there is very little comparison with the exception of the Land Cruiser and the Range Rover. I have not considered the Range Rover because of it's lack of reliability. As for the Land Cruiser I will gladly pay the difference to get the Lexus service. That is the same reason I probably want purchase the Sequoia.

Edward
    This is form Inside Lexus.com Summer 2000 Vol 11

Electronic Compass
    Running-board puddle lights
    Touchscreen DVD navigation system
  • vbentleyvbentley Posts: 21
    Just committed to the 2000 LX470! Pick it up on Monday the 31st of July. Can't wait!! Everyone's comments in the LX/LC/Sequoia topics really helped me decide. There were a lot of points brought up that I had not considered. Yes, the LX is a little more $$ than the LC but you also get that active suspension, lots of quiet/luxury and that great TLC, both inside the vehicle and at the dealer. Comparing the LC to the LX is the same as comparing the Exped to the Nav. The gap is less dramatic but still there and large, none the less. I won't disparage the LC or Sequoia. The LC is a fantactic machine and I am certain the Sequoia will be the same (when it finally gets here). Must admit I was a little concerned about how the 2001 LX's will differ but the killer deal I got made it all worthwhile. I plan on having this vehicle a very long time, so end vs beginning of model year matters little. The heart of an LC but the manners of an LS400. What a combo! Once again, thanks to everyone!!
  • rewyllysrewyllys Posts: 24
    Dear V. Bentley,

Congratulations, and many, many happy miles of motoring in your new LX470!

Those of us who are still dreaming of acquiring an LX470 would be interested in knowing where you got your killer deal. Is your dealer located in your home town, or did you have to go out of town or out of state to find a dealer willing to offer a good deal?
  • gteach26gteach26 Posts: 576
    I just recently test drove an LX 470. The drive feels like pure silk. The car feels great on the road.. 70/80 mph feels like standing still! BUT!!!!! I'm 6 feet 4 inches tall with a pretty big build and I found the interior too tight and crowded -- especially the back rows. I know I won't be sitting in the back much at all but I'm almost certain friends and relatives would find it cramped. I turned down a decent deal to go test drive the Lincoln Navigator. I LOVED IT! The nav has a great interior feel (it even had dealer installed wood trim throughout the entire console). It has TONS of room throughout and a greaat bumper to bumper warranty. I also liked the compass and trip computer (which lexus doesn't offer yet). In my opinion the Lexus wins out in ride quality by a little bit (the lincoln feels like a floating cloud whereas the Lexus feels firm and glued to the road). To be honest, it wasn't a big enough difference to justify the $$ difference as well as the cramped feeling I had in the 470. Owning an ES 300 I know lexus quality and service is top notch.. now I'll get to see if my Lincoln dealer can match the experience. My suggestion to those considering an LX 470: test drive a Navigator and see if you like it. If not, go with the 470.. had it felt as roomy as the Nav, it'd be sitting in my driveway right now. As it is though, I am VERY happy with my Nav purchase. I PRAY this Ford product turns out reliable. By the way, this post has been a great source of info for me.. I send out a big thanks to all of those who have contributed.