Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LX 470

Comments

• lenscaplenscap Posts: 854
    There are three official photos of the 2003 LX at wieck.com. Once on the home page, click on public. Then enter "Lexus" and "LX 470."

You can also see some 2002 photos and compare. The new interior looks nicer, but it seems they dropped the optitron gauges for the more conventional style - just like those that will be in the GX. Although, I may be wrong as it is hard to tell in the images.
  • gkexecgkexec Posts: 6
    I just noticed some whitle clouding in the paint on the hood of my 2000 LX 470 up near the winshield and in the center, of the hood. Has anyone else had any paint issues with their LX 470? When I telephoned the dealer, he said it was the first he had heard of this and it is going in for them to look at next Tuesday. He seems to feel it will be covered under the warranty. It was quite a surprise given the total quality and experience I have had with this vehicle over the last 45,000 miles.
  • britton2britton2 Posts: 305
    we have a 2000 (golden pearl) LX 470 - have not noticed any clouding of the paint - we do have several paint chips however - please keep us posted as to what your dealer says about it -
  • Has anyone had this done? How much should it cost? How long did it take? Any problems afterwards?

Thanks
  • I've checked the official Lexus website but perhaps I'm overlooking the following:

Does the 2003 LX have HID lights? and,
    Does the truck come with parking assist that beeps when you are too close to hitting something? (the LS 430 has both).

Thanks to any knowledgeable Lexus folks out there for the answer.
  • well, i paid 59400$ for a 2002 lx 470 with everything on it. it was three monthes ago, what is the current best deal?
  • 9411794117 Posts: 39
    The 2003 Land Cruisers are at 6500 as were the 1998-2002 LX470s.

There was a deal before where the tow receivers that came from some dealerships were rated at only 5000 lbs. but my 2001 can handle 6500 lbs., I think.
  • I got this from carsdirect.com:

MSRP $63,700
    Invoice $56,282

Click an underlined option to get more information about it.
    Powertrain
    Engine: 4.7L V8 DOHC SMPI
    8-cylinder engine with 4.7-liter displacement, dual overhead cam valvetrain, sequential multi-port injection STD
    Transmission: Electronic 5-Speed Automatic w/Overdrive STD
    Wheels and Tires
    Tires: P275/70HR16 Mud & Snow BSW
    Heavy Duty tires with 275mm width, 16.0" rim STD
    Wheels: 16 in. x 8.0 in. Alloy STD
    Seats and Seat Trim
    Heated Front Bucket Seats STD
    Leather Seat Trim STD
    Audio
    Radio: AM/FM 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer & Cassette STD
    Mark Levinson Audio System $1,280
    Other Options
    Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 6,860 lbs STD
    4.30 Axle Ratio STD
    Monotone Paint Application w/Painted Lower Accents STD
    Night View $2,200
    Lexus Link $1,215
    Rear Spoiler $280
    Roof Rack w/Cross Bars $220
    Destination Charge
    Manufacturer's Destination Charge $575
  • jma7jma7 Posts: 10
    The gas pedal on my LX 470 (2001 model) is much harder to press compared with my Toyota Camry. My right leg becomes tired after driving for a while since I never use the cruise control. Does anyone else feel the same way? Is there any way to adjust the gas pedal so it's a bit easier to press?

Thanks!
  • Does anyone know if the 2003 lx will have:

1. HID lights?
    2. Parking assist (beeps when you're about to hit something while backing up)

and..

3. An in-dash cd loader/changer instead of a cartridge.

The LS 430 Ultra has all these features and I'm wondering if the Lx will offer them. I couldn't find these answers on the official lexus site. I've heard that these options will be offered but haven't gotten a good source to confirm this.

Thanks to any knowledgeable lexus folks for the answers.
  • ljflxljflx Posts: 4,665
    I don't know about parking assist - it certainly would be nice. Halogens are standard and the 6 disc in-dash cd has been on this truck for several years now. The Mark Levinson just upgrades that system. The old model had the box/player at the back-end bottom of the center console. There is also a factory installed dvd entertainment system as an option. But any Lexus dealer can do that as well to most Lexus cars and SUVS.
  • Thanks ljflx..do you know where the cd's are loaded? Is it a cartridge based system (like the one I've seen on the 2002) or do they slide in individually into the dash like in the LS? Personally, I don't like cartridge systems because they use up space in the armrest and because to me they're harder to load and unload quickly (like in my navigator). Also, any clue why halogens are standard and not HID's? My wife's rx has HID's and I like the illumination they provide at night... the bright white light makes things seem clearer to me. Does anyone here like halogen's better (are they a better light overall)? Again, thanks to all.
    On mine I slide them right into the dash just like on the LS430. There is no cartridge holder.
    I can see why you (and me also now) are confused about the CD changer. I took one of the last 2000 models and it has the Nakamichi stereo (also a great stereo system). My cd's go right into the dash in the same manner as the LS430. But in Edmunds and on the Lexus.com site it seems they reverted back to a casette holder. I can't imagine why they would do that. When you looked at the 2002 model was it in the center console?
  • The Cd changer/cartridge on the 2002 was in the center console under the arm rest. It's my brother-in-law's truck and I was going nuts trying to figure out where the cd's went until he showed me the changer under the arm rest. While not my preffered method of storing/using cd's I can live with that system. I'd REALLY like to have parking assist and HID lights on the truck though. I'll be in the market for a new truck within the next year and I figure that for the $$ this truck should offer every option known to man.
  • jma7jma7 Posts: 10
    Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the angle of the gas pedal on LX470? Should the relative position of the brake pedal and gas pedal be kept constant if the gas pedal is adjusted?

Thanx!
  • On August 27, I posted a message about some clouding and fading of the paint of my 2000 LX 470. Lexus has now finished investigating the manner and has no firm conclusion of the cause. In other words, it could be an environmental issue, a factory problem or something else. Personally I believe it must be a factory issue because I keep all my cars immaculate. The bottom line is that they will repaint the areas where it is happening. As many of you may know, Lexus and Toyota are very closed and silent about admitting any wide ranging problems and rather elect to settle the matter quietly. While I am satisfied that the problem is being solved, I posted it here so others may be alerted to the paint issue. Since the problem is now documented, if I have further issues with paint, it will have to be dealt with by them. I must say that Lexus was very pleasant to deal with on this issue and is working to keep me a satisfied customer. I also credit my local dealer for seeing to it the matter received the proper attention. While it is discomforting to have something like this happen, it is good to know Lexus stands by their products. The vehicle is terrific in every other way, and I would buy another one in a blink.
    no such problems for me but glad to see you got a satisfactory response.
  • glaslaglasla Posts: 1
    I recently noticed exactly the same paint condition in exactly the same place on my 2000 LX470 with 49,700 miles (presumably mileage has no bearing on paint). My closest dealer is 2 hours away so I probably will not see him for another couple of weeks and will by then be over 50,000 miles and out of warranty. Any tips on how to approach this with the dealer?