Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LX 470

Comments

• marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,670
    the LX 4.7 235 HP engine...I have not yet driven a used 2000-2003 vehicle yet, but considering how much it weighs, are you all pleased with the engine performance, 0-60 acceleration onto the Interstate, 25-50 acceleration on local roads to avoid other idiots, etc...in other words, are you impressed with the luxury but annoyed at engine performance, or does engine performance please you as much as the interior luxury???
  • mercaramercara Posts: 291
    I have a Landcruiser, same 4.7 litre engine. Don't be fooled by the BHP. This engine has oodles of torque 320 lb feet at about 2000 RPM. This is the power you need to merge and pass on highways, Did a 2200 mile round trip from NJ to TN to GA. Performed flawlessly with ample power.
  • mikeivanmikeivan Posts: 42
    The thing weighs 5400 pounds, and when you floor it, nothing happens. I love the ride and the lux but the power sucks, as they say, nothing like my wife's 430.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I have to agree. Between the power deficit, the joke of a third seat, and lack of other features, I have taken the current version off my list of potentials. Hoping the next version is updated significantly to modern specs.
  • oacoac Posts: 1,594
    Sorry for the late response. I don't check this site much.

But to your question: "Hey, did you find your LX yet?" Well, Yes and No. Yes, I did find a lightly used (16K miles) 2003 LX beige/tan, loaded and listed for $46,900. I offered full price. No, I don't own it now because the owner decided against selling. Said she received too many low-ball offers and got upset, hence she decided against selling and pulled the ad. I told her if she ever changes her mind, she should give me a call and I'll take it off her hands at whatever her asking price was. This truck was everything I wanted. Tough luck for me ! So the search continues....
  • carnutincacarnutinca Posts: 35
    Power on the 06 has been increased to 275 hp. Plus in 04 Lexus went to a new 5 speed tranny that is flawless. Power is no longer a concern. Granted, the 3rd row seat is indeed a joke but the LX470 is a mid size SUV not full size. The LX is actually 1" shorter than the LS430 and easily fits in the garage. I don't know what other options are missing that you are complaining about. The Mark Levinson stereo is now standard and is integrated with bluetooth.

I totally agree that a major exterior design change is needed.
  • skramaswskramasw Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 LX 470.

This started about a week ago. I get an annoying possibly a "warning" noise from the dashboard. None of the indicators light up. After iturn on the ignition,this noise starts after about 15 secs or so. I checked all the fuses and they all seem fine.

This noise is a high frequency "continuous beep". I am trying to avoid going to the dealer. Any ideas?

Thanks
  • fla528fla528 Posts: 17
    Has anyone here converted the factory headlights to Xenons??
    I have a 2000 LX 470 and would like to change to xenons..

thanks for any input...
  • sracesrace Posts: 2
    I am on my second LX470. My firsts was a 2001 and now I have a 2005. I did own a Navigator (98) before these and there is no comparison. I didn't want to trade in my 2001 because I loved it too much. The 2005 is just as wonderful. the most reliable car I have ever owned and the best service of any. The drive, pickup and comfort is by far the best on the market. I did try to buy another car simply because there was no change in the 2005. I tried hard and just couldn't do it. I would have been terribly unhappy. Yes, Lexus is stale, but it is still the best. I do want a better third seat system that works with the touch of a button and a tailgate like the smaller version which opens two ways. Another 6" between the second and third seat would be great. Then this car would be perfect. Can't go back after having a Lexus!
  • sracesrace Posts: 2
    I bought my new LX 470 in December and had them install the XM radio right at the dealership. I love it!
  • carsatancarsatan Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 LX470 (outside USA) with regular halogen low beams but Xenon-HID high beams(!!!). Not sure of the value since I rarely use high beams. I definitely would consider a conversion for low beams if it is a simple procedure.
    By the way mine has what is called VGRS (variable gear ratio steering). Anyone has info on this system? It sounds like an active steering (sort of)?
  • ace8ace8 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know where the air conditioner cabin air filters are on a 2001 lx470?
    The owners manual has a picture indicating the glove box area, but I can't find them! Help!
  • njpaguynjpaguy Posts: 55
    I have an 01 Land Cruiser. Owners manual indicates same, but Toyota parts people indicate they do not have a part number for the filter. It's possible the filter is available in markets other than the US.

If you find out otherwise, please let me know. Thanks!
  • This is what i think should happen....I wouldn't mind seeing a 4th SUV added to the Lexus lineup....ie VX. The VX would go against the Escalade, QX56, and Navi. While the LX would go against the Range Rover, G-class. I can see the VX more of a RX than a GX or LX....meaning like not much off roader....highway and city use. The LX would still stay...the awesome 4-wheeler it is now. And then I would make the GX more 'sport' oriented, less off roading...to go against the ML, X5, Range Rover Sport. The RX will still be the same, the good car based SUV it is.
  • boat2boat2 Posts: 4
    Just took delivery of 2006 LX470. I had driven the 2005 but waited and ordered the 2006 as it comes with more horsepower (275 hp) It's a awesome vehicle and I couldn't be happier owning it. A pleasure to drive.
  • mgreenemgreene Posts: 32
    I specced out an 06 LX470 over a 06 Land Cruiser (sounds ridiculous, but I want the rain sensors, electroluminescent instrument panel, memory seats, and Mark Levinson) and I noticed on one of the pages that Lexus Link will be available 08/05. I guess I have no reason to doubt that, but on the other hand I have not found any press releases confirming it's return.

I also wonder if the return of Lexus Link will bring back an integrated phone system (not just bluetooth enabled, but a system that also is tied into the charging system and external antennae.

mgreene
  • bradespbradesp Posts: 21
    Guys,

I'm looking to buy a used LX 470 year 1999 or 2000 or a Sequoia year 2001 or 2002. Aside from the Sequoia being newer, are there any other pros' / con's to looking at purchasing one of these two vehicles?

Thanks!

bradesp
  • spelgspelg Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what might be causing this grumbling sound when I apply the brake between 15-10mph. It just started after a massive rain storm, but has persisted for the past few days. What is it, and how much will it cost?
  • yrbenderyrbender Posts: 25
    They are 2 very different vehicles and depends on your needs. If you need the room the sequoia is the way to go. But, you will sacrifice the ride. There is no compairson with the ride of the 470 and sequoia. The latter was built on a truck platform and you can really tell. If the cabin room is not an issue 470 is the way to go. I have had one for 1 year and there is no compairson I have a 2005 model my only complaint is no hill decent control! I have no idea why nor does the dealer it came on the GX but not LX. Its not a big deal because you can lock the diff. and put in 4 lo but my wife has trouble with all the steps and it is a pain.
  • mgreenemgreene Posts: 32
    So , does this mean you will no longer be posting to a board dedicated to a vehicle you will not be purchasing?

mgreene

btw....that is leisure suit.
  • We bought a 2004 LX recently.
    We felt the two front seats are not very comfortable. We felt the metal string across the seat in the 'Lumbar Support' area is hurting our low back. Regardless how we adjust the lumbar support, the string appears to be too tight and hurts our low back.
    Does anyone have same feeling? Is there an easy fix or is it covered by warranty to have it fixed/adjusted?

Thanks,
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Posts: 252
    Best way to go about this is to go sit in another LX470. That'll tell you if there is something wrong with your seats. My guess is that you are probably not used to sitting in SUV vehicles. They have a slight different feel compared to a sedan.

Just my two cents.
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Posts: 619
    I have a 2004 LX470, and I don't notice any of the problem you describe with the seat. No one is more critical of seat comfort than I am, and I think the LX seats are better than most. I like them better than those in my '05 LS430.
  • nad1nad1 Posts: 2
    Hi all ....

Does anyone know when is the re-desigened model of LX 470 will be released ???

Is it in 2007 or 2008?
  • dc661dc661 Posts: 71
    Automotive news is reporting the the LX will be replaced by the new JX model. It will be a new body-on-frame SUV, "arriving for the 2008 model year." Most likely with a 5.4 liter V8 as the only engine.
  • nad1nad1 Posts: 2
    thank you indeed ..... now I decided to buy the 2006 LX 470 .... hhhh
  • yrbenderyrbender Posts: 25
    The lx 470 does not have a current redesign set the JX 470 will be a new model added to the line up in 2007
    I doubt very much that with this current trend of high gas prices, Toyota/Lexus will introduce yet another SUV. If anything, they could drop one from the lineup. In my opinion ...
  • Per Autoweek, JX will replace LX....

JX: JX is the name given to Lexus' new body-on-frame SUV, arriving for the 2008 model year. One engine likely will be offered, a 5.4-liter V-8. The JX will share a rwd platform with the upcoming redesigned Tundra pickup. The JX will replace Lexus' LX SUV.
    So the long held belief is turning out to be true .. that LX replacement will be based on Sequoia platform and no longer tied to the LC chassis. It kind of makes sense considering target audience of LX replacement will be those who WILL NOT take their trucks off pavement. Why sell them a more expensive (to Toyota) vehicle when they can sell them a cheaper to make (again, to Toyota) chassis and still charge the same price.