Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LX 470

Comments

• fj100fj100 Posts: 97
    The rumor is that Lexus/Toyota is going to try and pull a fast one on the US consumer and offer a modified sequioa as the top dog LX or VX550 to compete with the navigator and escalade. This will be a sad day indeed however there are to many US consumers that are concerned with the bling, bling image and not real SUVs. Real suvs are going to be a thing of the past. Also, imagine the profit margin on a lexus built in the states on a shared platform.

I hope this does not happen!

The real LC/lx470 replacement will be sold in the rest of the world however we will probably not see it.

Regards,

fj100
  • nyhacknyhack Posts: 8
    Do you have the dealers name in FL or whatever state you bought yours in who did the deal. I can pay cash
  • I purchased my '00 LX470 from the largest Lexus dealer in Florida and from what I was told the #1 volume Lexus dealer in the US. I think it is not important which dealer I bought from. Because that same dealer may not be able to offer the same deal at this time due to various reasons. The important thing is to email all the dealers in Florida for their best offers. To give you an idea of how many states I emailed, draw a line south starting from Michigan and than color in all the states east of that line except the states north of New York inclusive. The three best offer I received came from dealers in Florida. From my experience and others on this board (read the earlier posts), if you lived east of the Mississippi, the Florida Lexus dealers offered the lowest prices. However, don't bite on their first offer. The dealer I purchased my vehicle from emailed me his second lower offer after a couple days of waiting. Keep two things in mind when you email. One, be very PRECISE in describing what you are looking for. Don't email and tell them that you want the upgraded sound package. Find out the manufacturer's option code from Edmunds and ask for that option by CODE. Two, keep voice communications to an absolute mininum. Can you imagine having to call up 8 or 10 dealers on the phone and negotiate this deal. Be precise in your email and the dealers can get all the information there. If there are any clarifications needed, do it through email. If any of the dealers will not respond to email, just skip over them. It is more likely those dealers are the ones that will play games. Please keep all of us on this board posted on your progress. Personally, I think you can do better than $1,500 or $1,000 over invoice. With this economy we are having, paying invoice or better is more like it! :-) Good luck!
  • tdo123tdo123 Posts: 102
    Has anyone heard what the real changes will be for this year? Lexus has shown the updates for all of their cars except the LX.
  • tdo123tdo123 Posts: 102
    Well, I ended up answering my own question. It seems the new feature for the 2004 LX are a "rear view" camera that is displayed through the DVD system. Also a new "bluetooth" technology that will allow your BT enabled phone to upload the phonebook into the DVD player and make 1-touch handsfree calls.

Nothing else very notable on changes.
  • Does any one have any recommendation for Lexus dealers who give good discounts on New Lexus, I live in Chicago Land area, but I am willing to buy it out of state if I get a good deal. Dealers in Chicago area won't go more than 2 or 3 thousand below MSRP, I know I can get better deal then this.
  • JPhamJPham Posts: 148
    How do you know?
    If all your local dealers are offering roughly the same deal then doesn't that indicate the market condition for your area?
  • Have you contacted the fleet departments? That's the way I usually start and unless it's a new or rare model I've never been quoted more than $1,700 over invoice for anything, including the LX470. I've never paid more than $500 over for a Toyota or a Lexus. Given that the LX is an older style in a competitive segment I can't see paying that much for it unless Lexus is really managing the supply of them. If it matters I'm in So. Cal.
  • a brand new '03 you can get them at or near invoice in S.Fla.. if not now, FOR SURE during December to Remember.. only '04 change (I think) was the rear view camera.. so if that isn't a big deal for you I'd get a brand new "leftover" '03 -- last year many dealerships around here had one or two '02's sitting around unsold.

I think you can get a good deal at JMlexus (jmlexus.com), County Line Lexus. or Lexus of Kendall here in S. Fla... there are some inherent risks about doing big money, long-distance transactions but for the most part (unless you are one of the unlucky few who encounter problems) these dealerships will take care of you.

If it HAS to be an '04, you'll have better selection and the rear view camera, but the price will be higher, but in either case, I'd wait 'till Holiday time to deal. This is a NICE suv-- you'll love it!

Good Luck!
  • My wife's 2003 Land Cruiser is equipped with the Navigation system. I feel like the system is the same in the LX470. Every week or so it will show your location somewhere else besides where you are; normally within a 75 miles radius. I'll recalibrate it manually, then the problem will return in a week or two. Thanks for any help.
  • Hi all...anybody have a source for a hood bug deflector that can fit on a 2003 LX 470? Nothing by Lexus seems to be available. Prefer not to drill into the hood. Thanks!
    Alan
    P.S. Does anyone know if deflectors availble for the 2003 Land Cruiser will fit the Lexus?
  • Anyone installed a remote starter for this vehicle? What Brand and how much did you pay for it? What are the pros and cons of installing a remote starter? I am thinking about getting it installed and want to get some opinion first. Thanks
  • I put a remote starter on my 2002 Landcruiser right before winter 2002 -- and I was very glad I did. We park out on the street here and it was nice to jump into a warm vehicle on cold days. The system has a great signal distance --for example, while riding in a Dulles Airport shuttle bus (to a remote parking lot) I was able to turn on the TLC as we approached (had enough distance/time so that the vehicle was already warm inside when I jumped in). This past summer, I haven't used the remote starter as much but every so often will turn it on to cool down the TLC on a hot day. I went to Circuit City and had them put in the top of the line Viper system (integrated security system and remote starter).

Would do it again in a heartbeat!
  • Well, I was taught by a very respectable teacher in the past how to buy car and so far it worked very well for my 2 cars. Go to the dealer test drive the car you want, check it out completely, ignore the saleman, go home. Then look up in the phone book and call several dealers around your area and make sure you tell them you want to talk to the fleet manager. To each of them you will ask how much over the invoice would they willing to sell. After talking to several of them you will know the true invoice. Another tactic is to tell one guy the other guy go for a lower deal and if this guy can beat that you will come over today and pick up the car. Save you a lot of time and headache from the saleman.

I bought my SC430, 2003 1 month a go at South CA, Longo Lexus from a nice lady (nona)for 1,500 over the invoice. You could do better. Their services is the best. These people go to the extreme to make sure you are happy. And of course who is not happy driving a lexus. I will never drive any other car if they dont match Lexus comfy. I plan to upgrade my wife sequoia to LX470 at the end of this year. Any wisdom out there?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,971
    Some dealers don't have a fleet person and will just put a salesperson on the phone, so don't necessarily believe a fleet pitch either. I guess that another reason you call several.

And please, no names of individuals.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• That's how I buy all my cars. I did get suckered by a Mercedes dealer who claimed to have a fleet department. Once I got there I got turned over to a regular retail person. The car stinks, the dealer stinks. No more Mercedes for me.

Just bought a Tahoe on a Sunday. The fleet mgr. was out so I spoke with the Sales manager by phone. I confirmed that they had the car I wanted, told him the price I wanted to pay. He agreed and my only warning was that I would turn around and walk out if he tried to re-trade me when I got there. It was a great experience. Now I have a 2nd option to going through fleet.
  • sta2sta2 Posts: 19
    Hello all,

No towing package on my 00 LX470, and I'm not ready to spend $1,400 for a lexus part.

I've looked into briefly:
    Hidden Hitch (best so far)
    Putnam
    Curt
    Reese
    Draw Tite
    Sure Pull

I know many of the above are made by the same company, but need a recommendation. Anyone? No HD towing at this point.

Dave
  • Are you guys serious? You are talking Lexus and not Ford. But, I'll learn from it. Next time I am shopping at Sak's I'll remember to ask for the Fleet manager. There is no such thing as a fleet manager in Lexus. They are probably laughing all the way to the bank.
  • kjack100kjack100 Posts: 133
    Check out a Reese hitch. This is what the southeast U.S. Toyota distributor puts on all their Land Cruisers. Very high quality.
  • bluestar1bluestar1 Posts: 112
    Of course Lexus dealerships have people amnning their internet sales division. Certainly in both new and used car sales. Otherwise, how is it that Lexus dealers will take e-mail and phone requests, provide quotes, and generally work with you to get a deal done WITHOUT you having to step into the dealership. In fact, they'll even deliver the car to your door. All of these transactions can be conducted all from the friendly coziness of your house. If that ain't fleet sales, then what is it ? There are internet (fleet) managers for used car sales as well.