Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LX 470

Comments

• Looks like the Land Cruiser replacement - not a Lexus
  • Exciting stuff!!

The autospies shots do seem like a new LX!! The interior shot of the dash is pure lexus -- looks very similar to the new LS460-- that's a heckuva HUGE screen!!!

This is the first definitive sign that the LX will live on. Cool.

My biggest questions will be -- how did they handle the third row (current design is awkward) AND will it have all the techno goodies of the LS (for the $$ they charge it better!)
  • Here's a link that shows a couple good interior shots of the new Landcruiser. Assuming the LX will be similar (except with the Nav and lots of wood/leather, etc), this should give an idea of what the new LX interior will look like.

Scroll halfway down to see the interior shots:

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/13/spy-shots-toyota-land-cruiser/
  • The new LX is not going to look like the Land Cruiser--inside or out. Toyota made that clear several months ago--look at one of my older posts.
  • Interesting.

Autospies is reporting the "first" spy pics of the new LX 470 on their site and they show an SUV that looks very similar to the new lancruiser but with a different interior. The LX 470 on autospies really does look like a lexus-type interior -- very similar to the Lexus LS sedan interior.

Take a look at this link and tell me which suv you think this is -- Sequioa? LX470? It can't be the Landcruiser because the interior is way different. The shape and dimension of this truck is very similar to the landcruiser.

Click on the link and scroll down a bit to see the pics.

http://www.autospies.com/news/SPY-SHOTS-AutoSpies-com-breaks-the-first-spy-photo- - s-of-the-next-Lexus-LX470-8688/

What do you think?
  • I think that is the inside of the new Land Cruiser. Toyota is making the LC more upmarket (more Lexus-like) I see a Toyota steering wheel.
  • Those autospies pics have stirred up many different angles.

Some say it is a "test mule" for the new GX coming out in 2009.

Some say it is the Lancruiser with the navigation system -- and the other pic floating around is the landcruiser without the nav.

Others insist this IS the new LX/JX/VX whatever the new 470 will be called.

Your post (message#1314) has a Toyota executive stating the LX is DEAD.

What's the real deal here?!?!?!?!?!?
  • Not a JX--the JX is due mid 2007 as a 2008 crossover off the GS platform.
    I think the LX will return in 08 as a 09 model to compete with mercedes g class.
  • psyranpsyran Posts: 30
    I realize this is not a 470 question - but does any body know whether the 1997 LX 450 had a key fob for remote locking? Just bought a 450 as a run around vehicle but it has no remote fob. Thanks
    psyran
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Posts: 1,289
    Yes, the LX450 came with a key fob for remote locking features. The buttons were not integrated into the key though, it had a key chain.
  • Does anyone know if the Adaptive Cruise control will be available on th LX470 as it is on most of the lexus line? If not, can it be installed after market?
    Thanks
  • cwilbscwilbs Posts: 14
    What exactly is that?
  • vchengvcheng Posts: 1,284
    AFAIK, the LX does NOT have the adaptive cruise control, and I think that it would be cost-prohibitive to add one, especially if using OEM parts jury rigged together to work. The laser or radar emitter/detector unit alone is about 1700 to 2000 dollars, plus any other parts thatwould be required.
  • The Adaptive Cruise control reads the distance from you to the vehicle ahead and maintains a constant distance as the car speeds up or slows down. It will also brake and decelerate if another car or object suddenly appears in your lane. I had it on my briefly owned 2005 Sienna - it's a great system! Other Toyota lines also have it.

Phil
  • gteach26gteach26 Posts: 576
    The lexus LX makes me scratch my head at times.

This SUV "should" have EVERY single option known to man.

It "should" have keyless entry, adaptive cruise, HID headlights, parktronic, rear camera, FOLD FLAT third row, etc. etc. etc.

Instead some of these features are not available. WHY?

It does have an expensive "nightvision" option that to me doesn't seem like a very useful item to most drivers. Again, WHY???

From all accounts this is one of the best built automobiles EVER made. I've driven it a few times and it is buttery smooth and OOZES quality.

Yet looking at it during the car show the other day it just seemed outdated and "forgotten" by Toyota.

Why?????

Toyota, make it an 80K suv if you have to but THROW EVERYTHING into it!!!!
  • nedzelnedzel Posts: 787
    Because the replacement is around the corner.

And it can't have a fold-flat third row because of the solid rear axle -- no room for it.
  • Does anyone have reliable info on the replacement LX 470? Due date -still built in Japan - equipment - anything?
    Thanks
    You bring up a great point.

I would think if you could fit a fold flat third row in smaller suv's (like an MDX for instance), why can't Toyota figure out how to do it on the LX/Landcruiser?

I'm thinking it has to do with the landcruiser's main design purpose (rough, go anywhere suv). Does that make a solid rear axle a "must have"? Still, I've gotta believe it can be done.

Also, the LX redesign is way overdue. I guess it goes to say how well built this suv is that even though it is outdated and priced at a premium it is still considered one of the best.

I'm a fan of the truck, too... but it really needs an upgrade -- pronto!

So far all we have is speculation -- I can't wait for some definitive news of an upgrade!!!
  • Last week my Lexus dealer showed me an information brief indicating the replacement for the LX470 will be called the LX570 and is due out in Dec. 2007. Other posts have speculated whether the JX vehicle will be out mid-2007...does not look like that is going to happen next year but you never know.

The LX570 will be larger with a new 5.7L V8, 8000 lbs. towing capability and vehicle height can be raised/lowered by a total of 5.5 inches. Some of the new interior features of the LS460 will be available for the LX570 such as the 8GB hard drive for music and hard drive based navigation system. The LX570 will also have power folding 3rd row seats. I did not hear if this is a unibody style vehicle or not. The repeated theme is that this is going to be a very fast SUV.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    Hi, everyone. As you've probably noticed, we have been trying to refine the discussions into more narrowly focussed topics. Our objective is twofold. We want to make it easier for people seeking specific information about their vehicles to find it easily and without having to wade through hundreds or thousands of postings.

To those ends, we will be shutting down the general make/model discussions and work exclusively with specific issues. This requires us to populate the make/model subsections with relevant, interesting and timely topics. Rather than having the hosts simply create boilerplate topics for each make/model, we feel that you, the owner, the make/model enthusiast and the prospective buyer can best judge what those topics should be.

You can help by adding a discussion (it's easy!) or suggesting one here.

To add a discussion, click on the last link in the "You are here" line at the top of this page. That will take you to the topic page for this make/model. Review the list of topics and click on the "Add discussion" link when you've decided what topic you'd like to add. Follow the directions and you're done! Feel free to add more than one. Just avoid duplicating existing topics and try not to make it TOO specific!

Your help and continued participation in the Forums is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    Hooray!!!

December 07 seems like a strange time to release a new car, no?
  • Does anyone has any further details on the upcoming LX570?

I have heard it will be bigger than the 470 and assume that it will be somewhere between its current length of 192.5" and 200" so that it can fit the power folding 3rd row seats. The MB GL450 is a hair over 200" and I would expect Lexus to come close to matching MB in size and power - particularly with MB rumored to offer a GL550 next year.

Anyone heard if Lexus is creating a unibody version of the LX or will the 570 be the same body-on-frame as the 470?
    I think we're all waiting for some definitive news on the new LX. Rumors range from "the LX will die" to "a new and improved version with ALL the bells and whistles" is coming out next year.

The Autospies pics created a stir as did the new landcruiser pics... but so far I've yet to see a single definitive news item on the LX.

I guess we just have to keep waiting.....
    Please go to the group top level and create a discussion that fits your comments/questions or post in an existing discussion.

Lexus LX 470/GX 470
    Enjoy!

tidester, host
  • Glad to have this back--Now does anyone have any new info as to when we will get a new LX and what it will be like????
    I was at the top of my dealership's list to get an 07 LS460, but turned it down because I like my LX470 much better than my previous LS430's. But I would like a new vehicle--don't need one (my LX is an 06) just want one!
  • mercaramercara Posts: 291
    I hope lexus would *leak* some news about the LX replacement. I am leaning towards a GL320 CDI, but would like to see the next LX before I decide.
  • mercaramercara Posts: 291
    Thanks sid. Lots of useful info there. A chap called jjbodean had posted some good info based on a Lexus production meeting he attended. His exterior descrition seems to match the spy pics floating around. However, I don't think it is an all new platform. It is a significant remodel of the current platform. Looks like I will wait out most of 2007 with my 2002 Landcruiser until the new lx/tlc is released.