Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LX 470

Comments

• dc661dc661 Posts: 71
    will actually be based on the new full size (think Ford F-150 size) 2007 Tundra platform that the Sequoia will also use in it's 2008 redesign.
  • Last week I traded my 04 LS430 for an 06 LX470, so I started monitoring this site, but no one is posting. I was told by dealership that this LX is to be redesigned for model year 2008 and that is also what AutoWeek said (they name it JX).
    I had to load my entire phonebook one number at a time--just like in 04--Next time I'm going to find a better way. Still getting used to the car, but am very well acquainted with Lexus, as this is my sixth. My wife drives an RX330. For the next few days I'll be driving this LX in the Northern New Mexico mountains. The manual says to place the vehicle in Sport mode when on winding roads or at high speeds. That seems like it will be a very rough ride if I do. How do you'll set the suspension for high speed highway driving?
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Posts: 619
    I leave the suspension in my '04 set at the softest setting for all kinds of driving.
  • Hi,

I also traded my LS(2005), my thoird, for the 2006 LX and love it. I regret not doing it sooner. After 3 months of ownership, I've put 7000 miles on it and it is just great. I have a bad back and find the LX very comfortable for travelling. I too tend to just leave it in the comfort mode. I don't find any need for sport. When in the mountains it feels a little too soft, try the sport mode.

The phone features are a little disappointing as I too hve to load one at a time. The same phone loads automatically in my BMW X5 each time I start. Other than that, though, the electronics in the LX is superior to anything else I owned.

Good luck with your new vehicle. Keep posting. I too would like to see more here.
  • We r buying the 2006LX. The color of our choice is pearl white from prior models but in 06 lexus is offering crystal white rather than pearl white. Need to know if there is a sig difference in the new color from the old pearl white. I have not yet seen the crystal white on new 06 models yet. Would appreciate any input on this.
  • "bennych": You are correct!!! Just returned from a 1,450 mile trip to New Mexico in my 06 LX and was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it was. I have made the trip at least 4 times in my 04 LS and my legs would go to sleep, my back would ache and I would be very tired out from the drive--But no so in the LX! The LX does not have the zip that the LS did and the gas mileage was terrible (14.3 mpg), I was still able to maintain an average speed in excess of 75. I only had 400 miles on the LX when I started the trip, so I obviously didn't follow any recommended "break-in period" . Anyone know if I have damaged the car by putting so many highway miles on it when it had so few miles?
  • sidgriggssidgriggs Posts: 122
    Anyone have any suggestions on improving gas mileage on an 06 LX? Is there an air intake kit or exhaust kit that has proved effective at increasing mpg?
  • Glad you enjoyed your trip. I don't have a break-in answer but I seriously doubt you could have hurt it. Most dealers have told me to just drive and enjoy. The only thing BMW says is vary the speed, stay away from cruise control, and keep you speed under 106 mph during break-in! Given your average speed, it wouldn't seem you had any problems with that.

The only thing I've been able to do about mileage and pain at the pump is drive conservatively around town and think about how much pain at the pump is better than pain in the back.

Keep posting.
  • Don't drive 75 and you'll see much better stats.
  • nedzelnedzel Posts: 787
    slow down, use the cruise control, check the tire pressure, and don't carry anything on the roof.
  • I just purchased a k & n air filter about a week ago. It appears to give me an increase of 1-2 MPG.
    Thanks, Did you get just the replacement filter or an air cleaner kit or induction system?
    Does anyone know how to play the DVD while driving? I have found a way to use the Nav while driving, but it does not override the DVD. (this is on an 06 LX--gen 4 nav)
  • navigator89navigator89 Posts: 1,080
    Funny thing, when checking out the Most Significant SUV over $45,000 I noticed this year they featured the LX 470 and Land Cruiser. Back in 2003 the Range Rover was introduced, and since then it has made the lists in 2004 and 2005. Why not 2006?

The LX 470 and Land Cruiser are old vehicles, so I'm wondering why the editors chose them this year as most wanted. There are other good competitors, the Navigator, QX56, Escalade.
  • Most Significant SUV over $45,000 Where????
  • how do you use the nav while driving? i have tried and cannot seem to get it done. i would really appreciate finding out. thanks
  • A set of button pushes can override the lockout on most 2004,2005, & 2006 Lexus NAVs until the next time the vehicle is restarted by pushing the buttons in the following order: menu > volume > top left of screen, bottom left, top left, bottom left > override ((hold for several seconds until override is highlighted and beep occurs) > back. Destinations can then be entered while moving.
  • :confuse: I guss I am not that luky. my LX 2001 rarely driven (35000 Mile). suspension just failed to LO. and want come up at all. Dealer asking for $4500 to repair.
    Did anyone have any experance with this. this is just too much to think about.
  • Starting to research the '06 LX470 so that I can purchase. Can you tell me appx. what you paid compared to MSRP? Was it considerably lower? Higher? Same? Wondering if I should wait until December to purchase (re:year end sale numbers). Any thoughts?
  • I paid low $60's for an O6 LX Dallas area dealer