Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LX 470

1666768697072»

Comments

• blutoeblutoe Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 LX that the transmission, ( I am guessing ), made a pop noise on the highway.. then freely revved but no go.. coasted to the side, would not go into Park. When I tried a light grinding noise occurred.
    It is at a dealer, waiting to be seen Monday July 1. Anyone, had this issue? Will I have to buy a new transmission? How much are they?
    thx
    tom
  • Tom, We have a 2000 Lx 470 with 227k. at 72k, the transmission IMPLODDED! Wife came home and said the car was behaving strangely (Don't remember any mention of a "POP" though). I took the car lout that nigh and within 5 miles, the car made a ghastly grinding sound and would no longer move.

After some back and forth ("Lexus Regional Director involved), Lerxus paid for the transmission ($2,300?) and we paid for the labor ($ 700?). This was around 2005?

Had we fought a little longer I believe Lexus would have stood the whole bill. Absolutely NO problems since. GTheir argument was that we had not had the car serviced (Fluid changed). The replacement transmission has now been in the car 7-8 years, never changed the fluid and the current fluid is still bright red/maroon.

I BELIEVE WE WERE NOT THE ONLY OWNERS WITH THIS PROBLEM.

Tim