Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• danyc1danyc1 Posts: 11
    Just received following e-mailed quote for AWD SLT-1 Acadia in Black ($495 premium) and with just Navigation ($795 add-on):

MSRP: $43,965
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $41,694
    Residual Value: 57%
    MF: .005 (1.2%)

$493.16/month, $0 due at signing (I'm in CT so tax rate they used would be 6.35%). This is without any negotiating at this point.

Seems like there is $2000 of base incentives out there, but any thoughts on this?
  • jb2ujb2u Posts: 8
    For reference, the end of last month we picked up a fully loaded Acadia Denali AWD (Blk/Blk)(chrome wheels & DVD NAV&Ent) for $499/mth (39mth, 12k) with $0 down. [MSRP $52070]. I would think you can do better....
    JB2u,

Helpful, thanks. Did you have any trade-in/special incentives? Also, what is your state's tax rate? I agree there's wiggle room, as I was originally thinking $450 or so...
  • elcamelcam Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me what dealer you went to? I have been trying to make the same deal for only 10k miles/year on a denali $51080 MSRP and the lowest anyone will go is $520/month for 39 months and $1200 total out of pocket.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here you go joeystiffs19. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Acadia SLT AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 59%.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck. Make sure to take it into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi procter5117. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 GMC Acadia Denali AWD wit 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 54%.

As I mentioned in my previous post, GM is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive on 39-month leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Just checked forum guidelines to make sure I could post the dealer name, and it states I can so here it is: Faulkner GMC in Trevose, PA.

To answer danyc1 's questions as well, no trade-in applied against this deal, and wouldn't call anything here a 'special incentive' (ie; no executive lease program or dealer coupon etc). It does seem from recent posts that the current rebates may be fewer/lower this month than last; note I figured out the best possible deal (that I got) by using information from a buying service - which I've used before and found to be well worth the small fee.
  • procter5117procter5117 Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Hi jb2u, Seems like you have got the sweet deal on denali 2013. Congratulations! I am in Philly area and are also looking for 2013 denali awd. Would you mind telling me the first name of the sales person who you were dealing with. Who knows if I get out with some luck! I appreciate it.
  • Any chance you can post the name of the buyers service?
    This is the third car obtained (over as many years) using Inside Car Buying, LLC.
    Car Man,

We're looking to lease an AWD SLT-1 Acadia in Black with sunroof/NAV, and total MSRP coming in at $44,015. Given the $2,500 incentive for a 36/39 month lease, what selling price should I realistically aim for? I was given an additional $657 (ie $3,157 off) off MSRP, but that seems too low.

Thanks.
  • mjl117mjl117 Posts: 1
    Car Man (Or others) - I have zero experience in leasing as i've always financed in the past. Looking at the advertised GMC Acadia for $299 a month / 39 months / 10K miles a month. I'd like to bump up the milage to 15K.

How do i go about leasing process? If i read right from previous posts, i should first negotiate as if i'm financing the vehicle and then explore the leasing option once i get to the lowest negotiated price? What other factors do i need to consider as im told residual value is important?

Just looking for a little hand holding as this is my first time going through the leasing process.

Thanks in advance.
  • Carman,

I'm looking at leasing an Acadia slt-2 or denali. In your forums you say there is a $2500 incentive on leasing this vehicle for 36 or 39 months. Who is offering the incentives? Is it regional? I live in Pensacola, FL. I keep searching for the incentives and can only find $1500 offered. Looking to lease within a week. Thank you,
  • Car man

Forgot to ask this question in the other post. Could you please tell me the residual value and money factor for a lease in FL,and AL. on an Acadia slt-2 and denali. Thank you.
  • iceman2011iceman2011 Posts: 12
    Carman - is this a good deal ?

2013 GMC Acadia FWD SLE 1
    MSRP - 34,945
    selling Price - 33,945
    adj cap cost - 32,488.21
    APR 1.5%
    Residual - 56%
    term 39 months

down - $2000
    Payment - $397
  • No. You can lease a buick enclave for $349 for 24mo with $2309 down with no negotiating. It's a better car with a lower payment for only 24mo
  • d_man_600d_man_600 Posts: 4
    No. We were offered a 2013 AWD SLE-1 for $414, zero down, including 5% tax and a 2013 AWD SLE-2 for $419. Lots of room left to negotiate or move onto another dealer.
  • mbl_carguymbl_carguy Posts: 11
    Just thought I'd share the deal that my wife got on her 2013 Acadia. We recently leased a FWD SLT-1 with the dual sunroofs, navigation, and DVD system. MSRP just over $44,000. She had 4 payments left on her Honda Pilot lease, but the car had a little over $3,000 of equity. When factoring in about $3,500 of other rebates, we signed a deal for $449 / month for 12k miles per year. Nothing out of pocket and this includes all taxes (we are in NC, so only 3%), fees, and a maintenance plan that should cover the lease period.
    Hi danyc1. If I was in the market for this vehicle right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome mjl117. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nostaljack. The $2,500 cash incentive that is available on 36-month leases of this truck right now is being paid for by General Motors. This is a national promotion that does not vary by region.

The $1,500 incentive that you've seen mentioned is for straight cash purchases, not leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey nostaljack. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Acadia SLT2 with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 56%.

The numbers for the Denali are the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car-Man and anyone else....I've been back and forth with this dealer over a lease payment...

Basically,

AWD SLT-1
    39 months
    15,000 miles per year
    $2,000 down total
    Negative equity on my trade-in of $1,600

$475 per month....i'm trying to get him down further.

Do I have a good deal here?

Thanks
    I'm in the same position:
    SLT-1 Acadia with NAV and no sunroof/DVD, etc and in iridium (ie non premium color).
    10k miles/yr for 39 months
    MSRP: 43,470
    $1,000 upfront (incl 1st months payment), then $469/month.
    6.35% CT taxes...

Seems like with your $400 net down, and getting 15k/yr, you're slightly better than mine...I think we both have some room because I got this deal down before I've even entered the lot.
  • shaneg4413shaneg4413 Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Carman, good terms? Hard to know because there isn't a lot of 2014 data available yet.

2014 GMC Acadia AWD SLT 1

MSRP - 48625.00
    selling Price - 46748.00
    Miles - 15,000 annually
    APR 1.34%
    Residual - 59%
    term 39 months
    Trade-in $1,700 equity

down - $0
    Payment - $577.69
  • gatrnolgatrnol Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Picked up a 2013 Acadia Denali a couple of weeks ago... first time leasing. Pretty much fully loaded minus rear seat entertainment (kids are in their 20's now)!

Got $10K on my trade in.
    Managed about $2K off the sticker (was 47K or so to start).
    Got $2,500 off thanks to GM lease promo.
    39 months @ 12K/yr
    Monthly payment of $264

It had 300 miles on it, as it had been a golf tournament vehicle - but in perfect shape.

To me, at least, this seems like a good deal. I told the salesperson "I'd be stupid not to take this deal"! He thanked me and said he's been waiting years for someone to tell him that... :)
  • bossman141bossman141 Posts: 53
    Just a question. You applied the 10K you got on the trade in to the lease?
  • gatrnolgatrnol Posts: 2
    Yes, that's correct.

Tom
    Just leased at June month-end black/black SLT-1 AWD Acadia with NAV (no sunroof) @ following terms:

MSRP: $43,970
    Selling Price: $40,370
    Gross Cap Cost: $40,970 ($600 Ally Bank fee)
    Net Cap Cost: $38,470 ($2,500 GM cash incentive)
    39 month, 10k/yr lease
    $442/month with $1,000 due at signing (includes 1st month payment of $442) net of all taxes/fees. I live in CT so 6.35% tax rate applied. I had no trade-in or any other discounts other than the $2,500 cash back.

They initially started me at $479/month with $1,000 due at signing as a reference point. Other dealers were coming in at anywhere between $495-$515/month with $0 due at signing, so a similar starting point.
  • czar0013czar0013 Posts: 3
    Hey Carman,

I am interested in leasing a 2013 Acadia AWD SLT-1 in black with the rear entertainment system. I can get the price down to $40,936 after negotiating and applying the $2,000 rebate.
    What are the residuals and money factors for a 36 and 39 month lease at 12,000 and 15,000 miles/yr.?
This discussion has been closed.