Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi garyss1. This truck's lease payment will vary depending upon what the MSRP and selling price of the exact model that you want are. I would be happy to use General Motors' current lease program for the Acadia to estimate what the monthly payment would be on the truck that you are interested in if you provide me with these numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello kegels. Why is insurance includes in your truck's lease payment? You aren't getting insurance through the dealer that you are working with are you? You should arrange that on your own. $500 over invoice is a pretty good price for this truck, assuming that you are not the current owner of a non-GM product. General Motors is currently providing $1,000 "conquest" cash on the 2007 GMC Acadia. That means that anyone who is currently leasing or owns a non-GM vehicle gets an additional $1,000 incentive. There is $500 bonus cash on this truck right now as well. Furthermore, GMAC's current base lease rate for a 36 month lease of this truck is only 7.2%. The rate that you were quoted is higher than this. The bottom line is that $785 per month is a little too much for this truck for my taste. there are a lot of amazing vehicles out there that one can get for $800 per month.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi garyss1. General Motors did indeed raise GMAC's residual values for the Acadia. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a GMC Acadia with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi wristshot19. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Acadia with 12,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 62%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. So a lease rate of 7.2% would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00300. The fact that you are able to get GM's Employee Price on this truck ensures that your lease is based upon an attractive selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • You're right, fulano82. General Motors' lease program for the Acadia and the Outlook are not very attractive right now. At least GM raised their residual values a little from the level that they were originally at. I would be happy to give you an idea of what these truck's lease programs are like, but in order for me to do so I need you to tell me how long you want to lease them for and what mileage allowance you need. I also can work up some sample lease payments for you if you provide me with the full MSRPs and approximate selling prices of the exact trucks that you are interested in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello hollywood3. This looks like a very good deal to me. Congratulations on your new truck. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey Car_man, i'm looking to lease the SLT-1 with no options for 36 months at 12,000 miles per year. I have not decided yet on wether to get the FWD or AWD. I also qualify for the conquest rebate because I own a none GM vehicle. Is that still available? I'm also looking to put down $3000. I reside in NYC and all the acadias that are coming in all have extra options that i don't really need. I would appreciate all your help. Thanks again.
  • Been lurking (and learning) on the board for a few weeks and thought i would share quotes that i've been getting from dealers:

In Central/Northern NJ dealers are quoting the following:

Rates
    -36 month, 15k miles/yr....60% residual and 7.2% rate
    -48 month, 15k miles/yr....52% residual and 7.2% rate

Fees:
    -Bank Acquisition: $695
    -Tags and Title: $400
    -Documentation: $299
    -Tire (NJ specific): 1.50 /tire X 5 tires = $7.50
    -Gap Insurance: assuming is tucked away in one of the fees above, since wasn't quoted directly...will need to confirm

Taxes:

-7%: NJ charges as percent of all monthly pymnts upfront at closing

Would be interesting to know what others have been quoted or have paid....
  • zero down on that 515. a month lease (just 1st mo. pymt/transfer fee plate)
  • NJ Dealer has included a $550 refundable in my lease.....when questioned he said the following:

-is required per GMAC
    -no interest is paid on balance...represents $183 of lost interest income at 7.2% over 48 month lease
    -can get rid of it in one of two ways:

1. increase base lease rate by 0.5% (7.7% instead of 7.2%) or
    2. buy lease insurance from them (covers $1,500 of stuff like excessive wear and tear when returned)

Anyone else have similar experience?
  • aroxasaroxas Posts: 10
    I located a loaded SLT2 AWD in dealer inventory (Norther NJ)in www.gmsupplierdiscount.com. I have a supplier discount.

The MSRP comes to $44,965.00. The supplier Price right under it is $42,047.03. When you click on the Window Sticker, a lower supplier price $40,092.90 shows up. At what price can I get the car?

One dealer tells me that I have to pay the 42K number because it includes advertising fees, etc for the dealership. Is this true?
  • aroxasaroxas Posts: 10
    I was just quoted an SLT2 AWD for $39,166. MSRP is $43,620. Manager says he'll lease it for about $550 with a down of $4K. 36-month lease. NJ state tax is 7%.

Is this a good deal? What is the residual and money factor appled here? Unfortunately, the manager was not giving all the numbers during my visit. Can anyone back out these important numbers?

Thanks.
  • CarMan,

Have the lease rates changed with GMAC?? I was discussing a deal on an Acadia with a dealer yesterday and he was quoting me 8.2%. Do I need to just let him know that I'm aware the current rate is 7.2% and call him on that?? Not sure the best way to handle that.

Thanks!
  • fulano82fulano82 Posts: 6
    I got quoated yesterday on a SLT-1 with no extra options. The quoate was 36 months 12,000 miles per year at $463 a month with $3000 out of pocket. Is this a good deal? I feel I can do better. Please help!! :confuse:
  • tapgypsytapgypsy Posts: 11
    I just leased an acadia slt 2 for $599 per month including tax (ohio), 39month, miles 12k . Sticker $45015 minus wheel content credit of $600 was $44415. Agreed value of vehicle $41552. Due at signing $1538 cap. cost reduction, $599 first month,reg fee $60, sales use tax $103 minus dealer paid $1000 rebate/cash credit for competetive knock out--which made it to be $1300 out of pocket. Hope this helps and please let me know if this deal was ok
  • cms830cms830 Posts: 2
    I went to a dealership in the Chicago area today and this is the deal I was offered. Sticker price $43890. After the manager insisted he couldn't do anything but $500 over invoice despite the deal he was running in the newspaper, when we were walking out the door he offered us $500 below invoice. Still with an agreed upon price of $39994, 36 month lease, 12k miles, he calculated the payments to be $735 per month with nothing down and around $693 with 2K down. These didn't match any of my calculations, but the salesman wouldn't tell me what Residual value or money factor he was using. I left. That feels like robbery to me.

Am I right or should I start shopping for a cheaper truck?
  • galvanggalvang Posts: 156
    Tapgypsy, did the dealer say "this is a stick up". Its sounds like he was wearing burgelar mask. :mad:
  • Those numbers dont sound right all, you can definitley to better. I've been working with an internet fleet manager in Southern California and they are shopping around for me. I dont have all the specifics yet, but we discussed a car with a sticker around 42k and a my price would be around 40k. Quoted me a lease of 610 for 36 months and 570 for 48 months, both with about 1000 out the door.
  • maradagmaradag Posts: 85
    Biceman,

How does it work when you deal with an "internet fleet manager"??
  • Not real sure to tell you truth, my wife had put in an inquiry through some website and I started to get emails from different dealerships. Not sure how it really works, they just said they would shop around and find me what I wanted even if it was at another dealership and get the car that I want sent to them.
This discussion has been closed.