Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-7 Body Work and Repair

2»

Comments

• astegmanastegman Posts: 171
    Ha!!
    Just got a call from the body shop. The Mazda parts man supposedly was not talking about the CX-7 when he said the door panels were back-ordered; he mixed it up with some other Mazda model. Turns out now that they are suddenly readily available. Gee, what a coincidence!!

Also, upon closer inspection, the car also needs a new left headlight, which will take 4-5 days to get. So all told, they're hoping to have everything - bumper; door panels; headlight - done some time next week. Hallelujah.

Meanwhile, I'm getting the hang of driving the behemoth Durango. What a boat! But so far, so good, even on the curvy, narrow Merritt Parkway (Connecticut). But wow, it makes me miss my CX-7 like crazy.
  • It's been over 3 weeks now since the local Mazda dealer submitted a request to Mazda for a delivery date on a new, replacement driver door for our CX-7. As of today, no reply from Mazda, and if a firm delivery date was given they tell me it would take 30 days to get it. UNBELIEVABLE! Less than 1,000 miles on the car, lost traction going less than 15mph on ice, damaged the right side, over $2,500 claim. I finally told the body shop to put the original door back on, put the glass in the repaired back panel, prime and I'll pick it up. Who knows when the door will get there so they can complete the paint / repair. This could go on forever!
    How can I include the pictures of my car right here in the body of this post? I've uploaded them from my camera to my computer, but I don't know how to get them to appear here.

Edited to add: I've now put the pictures of the damage on MyCarSpace. Not sure if I need to provide a link to it (if so, how?), or if people can just click on my user name to get there.
  • Not sure how to link to it either, but I clicked your name and got to your page, and thus, your album. Worked fine.

It sucks seeing such a new car mangled. Though, I don't feel too bad about my door ding now! Is the wheel messed up, too, or is that just dirt? ;)
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,286
    You can also go to CarSpace.com and add the member name to the end to get there, like http://www.carspace.com/astegman.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

I am embarrassed to admit that the car was FILTHY beyond belief...nothing wrong with the wheel.

I was dying to have the car washed but was afraid to take it through a car wash and possibly cause more damage (assuming they'd let me even go through). Also, the roads are in such bad shape right now - between the salt, the sand, and now the melting mush - that it's an exercise in futility to have a car washed.
    Picked my car up from the auto body shop at 7:30 this morning. It just figures that it happened to be raining extraordinarily hard - like, monsoon-type/nor'easter-type rain. So I didn't really even have the chance to inspect the work that closely. I'll look it over after work - the weather's cleared and it's sunny now.

I am so paranoid about anything or anyone coming near the car, after all this work to it. Didn't realize just how much I really missed driving it these past 2 weeks til I got behind the wheel - MUCH better than the rental car (Durango). Whew!!
  • Does anyone know how to remove the bottom rear seat? I asked the service manager at my local dealer and also called the Mazda 800 # with no luck. I would like to remove the seat bottom when I have to transport my dog.

Thanks
  • vbbuiltvbbuilt Posts: 498
    Wow, you must have a really big dog if you need to mod the car like that! :P

If the dog is that big, why buy a CX-7?

Vince.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,286
    Maybe it's the claws that are the issue. :shades:

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• I've always removed the rear seat bottom of any other vehicle that I've owned when taking the dog to the vets. And you're correct - it's the claw thing and also the fact that I lease my vehicles - it keeps them cleaner. Most rear seat bottoms can be removed and reinstalled in a matter of a few seconds by releasing whatever holding mechanism is holding the seat down. I haven't been able to figure it out and according to the dealer's manuals - it isn't mentioned at all. I was hoping someone here might know the secret. Thanks (Larry)
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    There should be two bolts holding the seat cushion at the fold point as pictured.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us">
  • Thanks - I'll take a look at it this weekend. (Larry)
2»
This discussion has been closed.