Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Navigator

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Oh MAN!!!!!
  • rangaranga Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2004 navigator with nav radio with Sirius and rear dvd system. After spending $5000 dollars for this system, I discovered a huge design flaw. You can't listen to sat radio while the kids in the back are watching a dvd with headphones. There is only one aux input on this radio which is shared by the two systems. "Dual play" is not feasible. Utter stupidity on the part of ford and Visteon engineers. My dealer claims ignorance and ford has no solutions and was quite apathetic. This is not a problem with the GM equivalent products.
    That does suck....:(
  • shamahlshamahl Posts: 13
    Does anyone know if the nav system from one Nav can be placed in another Nav that was not originally equiped with one with no problems? Has anyone done this or know of anyone who has done this?
  • What of trailer do you pull with the Navi? Length, weight, hay, water and lbs. horseflesh?
    Where do you tow your trailer- distance, elevation, speed, hills/ grade? Pulls nicely you say?
    I have a good ($25K) deal on a 2004 4x4 5.3L Avalanche, but I like the Navigator better- 5 more horsepower, 30 more ft-lbs torque, but shorter wheel base than Avalanche. Will probably pull shorter (14'), lighter (3000# horse trailer and usu. 1 horse 1100#) once per week, 200 miles round trip, 90% on flat highways of CA, sometimes into foothills up to 3000'.
    Thanks,
    Ron
    I've pulled 5000 pounds with mine - don't even know it's back there. Handling ideal, power is awesome.
  • I had an '03 Nav, which Ford bought back, and just took delivery of an '04 Ultimate. I did some research and found this vehicle fits my family's needs. However I have a few questions that my dealership could not answer.
    1.) They say there are 9 speakers in this vehicle...where?
    2.) The dealership sublets the installation of the Sirius radio add-on to another individual. Any idea how and where the antenna for this looks and where is it mounted?
    3.) I got the blk ext. w/ light gray int. how do you keep this clean?
    4.) Anyone got the bluetooth accessory for a phone and how do you like it?
    The vehicle for the most part is great. My wife really enjoys it, seeing how she wouldn't let me get an '05 E500.
  • I've noticed that the mirror tilt down feature, for reverse, does not operate. On my '03 there was an option in the message center to activate it but I do not see it on my '04. Any help would be appreciated.
    Marty
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,666
    1) the door speakers are 2-way speakers so that's 8 plus the subwoofer.

2) if it's like the others I've seen it will be at the top of the rear hatch. It's about 6-8 inches long and 4 inches wide and is either black or painted to match. You've seen them on other vehicles but probably didn't realize what they were.

3) Leather cleaner/conditioner. Shouldn't be a problem.

4) check the Acura TL forum - they've had it for almost a year now. There are issues with interoperability of certain phones and some problems with voice commands.

5) the reverse mirror tilt feature was apparently discontinued but I don't remember why. Check back on this forum or the Aviator forum.
    were discontinued due to chronic malfunctions (although I've had 0 trouble with mine). It's a great feature, one I was sorry to see them give up on.
  • sd31sd31 Posts: 2
    Any one out there have power running boards that don't deploy every time. Its unsafe and my dealership have had half a doozen goes at fixing it so far?
  • I have the 2003 with the tilt down mirrors. I love them but have had them worked on and replaced five times. First one then the other. After they would tilt down they would not return to the proper position. At 19000 miles I have just had the rear end replaced. I would get a whine at about 50 when I would accelerate. Had to wait almost a month for parts. Seems to have solved the problem.
  • gteach26gteach26 Posts: 576
    Has anyone out there driven an '04 and '05? Does the '05 engine make any real world difference (smoother, quicker) or is it just marketing hoo-ha?
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    Ohhhh yes, much smoother and quicker. You receive the 3V version of the 5.4L that debuted in the '04 F-150. So you receive equal hoursepower, and improved torque, while using regular gas. The 6 speed automatic transmission is a segment first, same one sourced from Jaguar.
    I've had -0- problems with any of the running gear on my 03 Navigator, and only very minor issues with some of the doo-dads. But the tilt-down in reverse mirrors have been flawless on mine, and I'm over 21,000 miles now.
    I guess I'm just gonna HAVE to test drive an '05 when my lease is up this December.

I wonder if it'll impress me to the point of wanting to stick with the gator for a couple more years. Smoother, quicker, no more flapping molding (I HOPE), improved sound system... we'll see.

Also, I'm hoping in late December Lincoln will be "giving" these luxo busses away like they are now ($6,500 in total factory rebates -on top of the best deal I can get through my dealer -- that's what's being offered for me to get out of my lease right NOW and into an '04). I don't want an '04 though, and the three lease payments I have left eat up too much potential savings... I'd rather wait.

Decisions, decisions!!! :)

Thanks ANT.
    My dealer has some 05's on the lot already, along with a boatload of 04's. I drove one. I was impressed. Seemed tighter, more solid, smoother, quieter. Didn't notice any difference in power, but then, I don't have a problem with that anyway, mine seems to have plenty now. Maybe you can get an 05 now.
    ..are "only" $1,000 at the moment according to the offer sent to me.

I really hope I can tell a difference with the new engine.. my 03 navi just doesn't run as smooth as I'd like it to. I guess I want the impossible in a vehicle this large... an ultra-smooth, tight, and lightning-fast/responsive isolation chamber while on the freeway.

I guess vehicles this large will always have their trade-offs.
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    Let's also take note, sometimes we believe vehicles are less responsive, slow, because of how quiet they really are. The new 3V 5.4L coupled with the 6 speed automatic will jolt you a bit on your seat once you first press the accelerator. Maybe that jolt might make some perceive it as being a bit more stronger.

Plus the old 4V version require you to work the accelerator harder to make it breathe higher, which allowed it to gain it's power up high. This new version will not need to work as much, hence, Better fuel economy.
    Well, with gas prices going up, up, up, I'm not offended by being able to fill up with Regular again. That's for sure. Anything else will be a bonus.