Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Scion Xb

Comments

• mrharper68mrharper68 Posts: 14
    Well in California the Fit is marked up an average of $2000.00
    You are correct sticker price on a Fit is about $1000 less. But most dealers are greedy.
  • aathertonaatherton Posts: 617
    "... There was no way the previous 103 horse xB automatic could hit 60 in under 10 seconds..."

But the 5-speed can....
    The January 2006 issue of Car & Driver did a "comparo" called "Rebellious Boxes":
    http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=10524
    The Scion xB article is at:
    http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/10528/2006-scion-xb.html
    In that article it says "it was last in acceleration to 60 mph, 0.1 second behind the Element..."
    The Element article is at:
    http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/10525/2006-honda-element-ex-p.html
    And it says "The Element nips the Scion by 0.1 second in the sprint to 60 mph, arriving in 9.5 seconds."
    So the Scion xB was tested at 0-60 in 9.6 seconds.
  • lostwrenchlostwrench Posts: 288
    The Corolla has horrible crash test ratings? On what do you base that statement? Check out the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's crash tests and you will see that it is the xB which has horrible crash test ratings and not the Corolla. (The 2008 xB has yet to be tested).
  • drfilldrfill Posts: 2,484
    The new Xb should be around 8.0, with a 5-speed, much faster than 9.5 of the last one.

DrFill
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    I fail to see your point. Show me a test of a last generation xB auto that hit 60 in under 10 seconds.

~alpha
  • The automatic previous gen was ~11.2 to 60? AKA, OVER 2 SECONDS FASTER TO 60.

The manual should be about 1.6 seconds faster to 60, that is very significant.
    Getting a 5-speed under eight seconds is possible, but not much below that. 7.7-7.8 at best.

DrFill
  • eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    ah ok gotcha.
    that may be in california...but i still doubt its that much.

There is no more markup on fits in nc. Every dealer has 2 or 3 sitting on the lots. You still get the occasional 'this car has been detailed with 1st place finish so that ads 799 to msrp' kind of crap, but its easy to let the dealer now you are not there to bullcrap.
  • rovertonroverton Posts: 20
    I have about 1k on my xb. Mixed driving is consistantly above 25mpg. On the road at 75 plus, I am now getting 32.3.
    Now for all of you who are making comments without owning one this is one of the nicest cars I have owned. Smooth riding, quiet. great pickup and passing power. What more could you want for 18k?
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,424
    Sounds great. Is yours manual or auto?
    Maybe Horrible was too strong of a word.
    Both the previous generation XB and the current generation Corolla performed poorly on the side impact crash test. The only time the Corolla performed fairly was when the side airbag equipped cars were tested. Good luck finding a Corolla with side airbags. By the time you find a Corolla with side airbags it will be optioned out and will cost more than my new XB cost.
    I am also getting 25-26mpg in my 08 XB.
    My XB is a stick shift.
    I tend to drive with a heavy foot and rarely go on the freeway. My XB usually is driven in town about 90% of the time.
    I was just at 2 different dealers looking at the Honda Fit. Both dealers had about 5 or more New Fits and a couple of low mileage ones.
    Both dealers wanted $17000 for a base model and $19000 for the sport. The dealer even had a fit with leather, aftermarket sunroof and chrome factory alloys they wanted $25000 for this car. For that kind of money I could buy an Accord LX-V6
    The dealers are acting like these cars are the only ones on the planet.
    They say it is supply and demand. Well poor supply does not equal a $2000 mark for me.
    Look how well the Yaris is selling.
  • rovertonroverton Posts: 20
    It's auto and smooth
    yeah, the yaris sells well, but toyota make A LOT more of them available.

I'm sorry about your dealer situation; that markup is out of control. I've seen fits for 17k, but they were sport autos with 16 inch wheels, and some interior appointments, so i understood why.

actually, you probably couldn't get an accord v-6 for that price...not if that dealer marks up car the way they do!
    As that would encrouch on Corolla's market.

With higher fuel economy, a larger back seat, and a 2-door model, Yaris just hits the spot a little better that the Fit.

DrFill
    the fuel economy is not that big of a deal; the fit is TEN times more rewarding to drive, with a nicer interior to boot.

and the backseat cushion isn't a rock.

having said that, i would love an uber cheap yaris 3 door as a newer alternative for an older car.
    They both look like dork machines anyway, and the Fit is no faster than a Yaris, and Americans don't give extra points for handling, so it comes down to basics, fuel, price, passenger space.

The Fit isn't some Sentra SE-R or something.

DrFill
    Well you cannot go wrong buying a Fit or a Yaris.
    I am perfectly happy with my 08 XB.
    It may not get the same mileage as a Fit or a Yaris but, I am very happy anyways. I cannot think of a vehicle that offers the same amount of room versatility or power all while delivering 25mpg in mostly city driving.
    The XB is the 1st car that I have ever owned where I did not regret buying it. It is also nice to know that you cannot buy a better car for the money.